Author Topic: Trade all players that don't play D  (Read 1400 times)

Trade all players that don't play D
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Terry and Bass are both very expendable. I'd be very satisfied if Danny can get a decent defensive big with them. Probably not gonna happen...

Re: Trade all players that don't play D
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:52:36 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Where does Sullinger fit in this equation?  :-X

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:53:23 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Where does Sullinger fit in this equation?  :-X

next to thread tittle
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
So we have KG and Sullinger and Bradley...that leaves ALOT of postions to fill....

I guess the CHeerleaders could defend as well.

Heck ...maybe one of them can actually hit a shot or coach .

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:02 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
only player i want traded at da moment is Bass dude doesnt serve much of a purpose at da moment Sully can do wat he does wit a much betta effort

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
I cant beleive you didnt saw how lost Sully looked in deffense and overall tonight...really he looked pretty bad. Adn beleive me I like the tools the kid have, but overall he looked like a deer flashed.

If D is the thing only Rondo (lost tonight too), Lee, and KG and Collins save their job tonight  you cant win with 2 positions covered

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I cant beleive you didnt saw how lost Sully looked in deffense and overall tonight...really he looked pretty bad. Adn beleive me I like the tools the kid have, but overall he looked like a deer flashed.

If D is the thing only Rondo (lost tonight too), Lee, and KG and Collins save their job tonight  you cant win with 2 positions covered

Who was Sully defending tonight? Which Bucks big man?

I would expect Ilyasova (perimeter big) to be a very difficult matchup for Sully but someone like Udoh (limited offensive player) to be a very good option for Sully. Who did Doc use him against?

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:14:10 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I liked what I saw from Sully tonight.  He was aggressively going after the boards.  He was hit with at least 2 really ticky tack rookie calls that were pretty bad.  Maybe his D still has a ways to go, but the kid is playing well.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
If you want to ship out players for bad D, I would in no certain order send
Jet, Bass, Wilcox, Jeff Green (although JG played has played better D as of late more aggressive, nice blocks and steals)

For all of the instant O that Jet provides he gives up a lot on D.  He is undersized, and gets beat a lot.  Bass the same, but more in his rotations.  Bass's on ball D isn't that bad, but he is terrible on rotations.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
I liked what I saw from Sully tonight.  He was aggressively going after the boards.  He was hit with at least 2 really ticky tack rookie calls that were pretty bad.  Maybe his D still has a ways to go, but the kid is playing well.

Agree...Sully was the only person to step into the paint and knock heads for rebounds .  Sully played his heart out , which is more than I can say for alot of the team....

Rondos temper was a distraction...he let his man get under his skin , , the technical ...this screwed up Rondo for the rest of the game IMO.

Rondo is mental challenged  he reacts wrong and can't stay focused.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Who was Sully defending tonight? Which Bucks big man?

I would expect Ilyasova (perimeter big) to be a very difficult matchup for Sully but someone like Udoh (limited offensive player) to be a very good option for Sully. Who did Doc use him against?

Ilyaova it was at the beggining, most of his problem came next to bass ( oh surprise) with guards that leave Rondo behind(out of the game) shoot all over him with ZERO presense there or soft fouls to give.

Nice to be back!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

I don't think he was lost.  He does a good job, especially for a rookie, of reading the action and trying to get to the right places but his physical shortcomings are too much to overcome.  He just can't get to the right place on defense fast enough and if he does, he's too small to make a difference.  He may be the worst defender on the pick and roll in the league or the most hopeless anyway.  Al Jefferson has been supplanted.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Agree...Sully was the only person to step into the paint and knock heads for rebounds .  Sully played his heart out , which is more than I can say for alot of the team....

Rondos temper was a distraction...he let his man get under his skin , , the technical ...this screwed up Rondo for the rest of the game IMO.

Rondo is mental challenged  he reacts wrong and can't stay focused.

I will admitt a LOT of Sullys troubles come from

a) wrong teammate next to him (Bass ty Doc)
b) Rondo being out of the game mentally
c) bad matchup
d) all the above
e) hes not ready and yes his D still have ways to go and his flaws were magnified tonight

and i admire the good tools the kid have, the smell for the ball, good hands , nice touch and all that but that in this team isnt helping and his size doesnt let him be a dominant presense in offense

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 11:24:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
If you want to ship out players for bad D, I would in no certain order send
Jet, Bass, Wilcox, Jeff Green (although JG played has played better D as of late more aggressive, nice blocks and steals)

For all of the instant O that Jet provides he gives up a lot on D.  He is undersized, and gets beat a lot.  Bass the same, but more in his rotations.  Bass's on ball D isn't that bad, but he is terrible on rotations.

exactly,  thats why he is just a very ROLE player,  a guy to come in and hit a last second shot, and if you watch the Mav old games , he is a SHORT spurt role player...you put him in if he is on....if not JET needs to stay on the bench , he is a liability mostly , I saw that on the MAVs for years...a steaky shooter ...who can hit a bunch or none and is not going to help much on defense he is too short and old now ro play Defense....he got abused. and there was no BIG fast young center to cover for him, like when he had Chandler.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 08:31:33 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
So we have KG and Sullinger and Bradley...that leaves ALOT of postions to fill....

I guess the CHeerleaders could defend as well.

Heck ...maybe one of them can actually hit a shot or coach .

;)
LET'S GO CELTICS!