Author Topic: Say a trade doesn't happen  (Read 1025 times)

Say a trade doesn't happen
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
What do we do ???

After a short review of some of the Celtics games of this year, I observed a few common denominators.

#1 Rondo needs to be more aggressive on the immediate offensive approach. Meaning he needs to try to run faster & push faster than anyone as soon as he gets the ball. He should try to be a 1 man fast-break every opportunity down court. If the opposing team gets back quick enough then he could obviously setup a play or pass to a open teammate. THIS IS A MUST, IF THIS ROSTER REMAINS INTACT.

#2 I notice Bass doesn't get enough touches, especially early on in the ball game. Bass is an important player. He needs to feel that way & not just a role player waiting for his opportunity to shine when the lights are off K.G. or Pierce. THIS IS A MUST, IF THIS ROSTER REMAINS INTACT.

#3 Call me crazy but I believe Kris Joseph is "Ready" to start now for this ball club. Pierce is regressing slowly but still effective. I believe Pierce right now is more important for the 2nd unit scoring punch than the 1st. Kris is a very good player & should be getting minutes now with the starters.

Better Rotation when Bradley comes back:

Starters:
Rondo, Bradley, Joseph, Bass, Garnett

2nd Unit:
Terry, Lee, Pierce, Green, Sullinger

ideas ???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:43:50 PM by Kiorrik »

Re: Say a trade doesn't happen
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
AB will slow the bleeding, C's struggle and become one of the last seeds and get blown out by the Knick or Heat in the firdt round. ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:55:05 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
AB will slow the bleeding, C's struggle and become one of the last seeds and get blown out by the Knick or Heat in the firdt round. ;D

hey shaq with comments like that you need to become a member with another blog... ;D lol Traitor j/k  ;)

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:58:31 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
What do we do ???

After a short review of some of the Celtics games of this year, I observed a few common denominators.

#1 Rondo needs to be more aggressive on the immediate offensive approach. Meaning he needs to try to run faster & push faster than anyone as soon as he gets the ball. He should try to be a 1 man fast-break every opportunity down court. If the opposing team gets back quick enough then he could obviously setup a play or pass to a open teammate. THIS IS A MUST, IF THIS ROSTER REMAINS INTACT.

#2 I notice Bass doesn't get enough touches, especially early on in the ball game. Bass is an important player. He needs to feel that way & not just a role player waiting for his opportunity to shine when the lights are off K.G. or Pierce. THIS IS A MUST, IF THIS ROSTER REMAINS INTACT.

#3 Call me crazy but I believe Kris Joseph is "Ready" to start now for this ball club. Pierce is regressing slowly but still effective. I believe Pierce right now is more important for the 2nd unit scoring punch than the 1st. Kris is a very good player & should be getting minutes now with the starters.

Starters:

2nd Unit:

ideas ???

Kris Joseph ready? What anecdotal or empirical evidence do you have of this? Any at all?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
I'm thinking K.G. Should come off the bench... too much to live up to for the 2nd unit trying to sustain his intensity & defense.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 10:32:17 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
What do we do ???

Starters:

2nd Unit:

ideas ???

Kris Joseph ready? What anecdotal or empirical evidence do you have of this? Any at all?

still waiting...............
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
If no trade is made, hope they get into the lottery?

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:02 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
Kris has been Magnificent. I know a star player when I see one. He's reminds me so much of the young Paul Pierce we once had. The problem in the NBA is opportunity he's on a team where his position isn't loaded but his coach won't play him because of his so-called inexperience.

I spoke about this in the form when someone question could we have gotten Chandler Parsons. Parson growth would not have come so quickly playing for Doc. Doc makes these guys think the game way too much. I look at coaches like Jacque Vaugn, Rick Adelman, Monty Williams, Kevin Mchale, & now even the Raptors Coach (don't know his name) all making coaching improvements to their team with the worse Rosters. These guys know how to coach & whether they lose or win their team plays the same every night.  I watch the Celtics play & i'm still not sure what to expect from the team every night. They surely don't have an identity.

Small Ball, or Big Lineup, or Quick lineup, or Defensive lineup, or Offensive lineup which one is it Doc? Anyhow the line up I will go with is a mixture of young & old. Kris is playing well in the Dleague with heavy minutes, & also played decent with limited minutes in the preseason.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 09:09:01 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Kris has been Magnificent. I know a star player when I see one. He's reminds me so much of the young Paul Pierce we once had. The problem in the NBA is opportunity he's on a team where his position isn't loaded but his coach won't play him because of his so-called inexperience.

I spoke about this in the form when someone question could we have gotten Chandler Parsons. Parson growth would not have come so quickly playing for Doc. Doc makes these guys think the game way too much. I look at coaches like Jacque Vaugn, Rick Adelman, Monty Williams, Kevin Mchale, & now even the Raptors Coach (don't know his name) all making coaching improvements to their team with the worse Rosters. These guys know how to coach & whether they lose or win their team plays the same every night.  I watch the Celtics play & i'm still not sure what to expect from the team every night. They surely don't have an identity.

Small Ball, or Big Lineup, or Quick lineup, or Defensive lineup, or Offensive lineup which one is it Doc? Anyhow the line up I will go with is a mixture of young & old. Kris is playing well in the Dleague with heavy minutes, & also played decent with limited minutes in the preseason.

Being good in the d-league honestly does not matter.  So many awful NBA players have averaged 20 pts per game in the d-league.  Being successful in the d-league simply does not translate to being successful in the NBA.  Look at Stiesma, beast in d-league, 9th-10th guy on NBA team.  If Kris Joseph reminded anyone of Paul Pierce, he would have been drafted in the top 10 of the draft.  He also would be starting for a team and scoring 15 ppg.  Kris Joseph could be a nice 8th-10th guy in the NBA, not much more then that. 
do it

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Kris Joseph does play on a team where his position is loaded.  Paul Pierce is the starting small forward, and Jeff Green (a starting caliber small forward) is behind him. 

I don't see the minutes for Kris Joseph.  I'm psyched to know that he's playing great in Maine, though.  Gotta get me up to Portland for a Claws game this season. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson