Author Topic: Wild idea, Rondo,Terry for Felton, Chandler  (Read 1545 times)

Wild idea, Rondo,Terry for Felton, Chandler
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Salaries match. Say they want Rajon at any cost besides Melo. Anyone think that this trade gives us a better chance of  winning it this Year.

Re: Wild idea, Rondo,Terry for Felton, Chandler
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Yes, good trade for us.  Hate to give up Rondo but  would do this trade.

I can't imagine that NYK would do this though.  They have no reason to.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »

Offline DTownCelticsFan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I wouldn't trade Rondo, especially to a division rival...

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 04:07:54 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bad trade for New York, honestly.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 04:09:44 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
both teams end up worse

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 06:05:21 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
both teams end up worse

Pretty much sums it up.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 06:22:33 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I don't know if you saw Felton play in Denver...or Portland...or his mediocre numbers in Charlotte for years. I haven't seen Felton play anywhere well except New York.

Futhermore I don't love Tyson Chandler. He's a very good defender and good in the pick and roll. He's also 30. I'm not trading Rondo on a great contract for a 30 year old big man unless it's a KG situation. Chandler has yet to have an MVP season the likes of 2004 KG so I'm not sold.

This was a creative trade though and I like the idea. Getting a good big guy and a proficient PG is really the only way I can see Danny moving him. I was thinking Cousins/Evans but other options might be Irving/Varejao or Rubio/Love. The latter two are long shots but Rondo is really that kind of player.

Here is a question for you guys. Would you bite on trading Rondo to Philly for Holiday and Bynum? It's a risk for sure :)

How about Lillard/Aldridge?

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 08:07:49 AM »

Offline celty86

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
Don't see Rondo bringing in a real good point and big man. Maybe one or the other.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I don't know if you saw Felton play in Denver...or Portland...or his mediocre numbers in Charlotte for years. I haven't seen Felton play anywhere well except New York.

Futhermore I don't love Tyson Chandler. He's a very good defender and good in the pick and roll. He's also 30. I'm not trading Rondo on a great contract for a 30 year old big man unless it's a KG situation. Chandler has yet to have an MVP season the likes of 2004 KG so I'm not sold.

This was a creative trade though and I like the idea. Getting a good big guy and a proficient PG is really the only way I can see Danny moving him. I was thinking Cousins/Evans but other options might be Irving/Varejao or Rubio/Love. The latter two are long shots but Rondo is really that kind of player.

Here is a question for you guys. Would you bite on trading Rondo to Philly for Holiday and Bynum? It's a risk for sure :)

How about Lillard/Aldridge?

I love Rondo as much as the next guy (fine, waaay more than the next guy), but Rubio and Love, Irving and Varejao, Lillard and Aldridge?

O.K., why not?:

Paul/Griffin?
Westbrook/Ibaka?
Rose/Noah?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
No you're right the CLE, POR and MIN trades are unreasonable but when you have an all-star top 5 PG in his prime on a ridiculously reasonable contract you sort of have to ask to world for him or keep him. None of those trades will happen but maybe if we get a desperate team we can make something happen.

Sacramento would certainly have to think about it. Cousins just got suspended again for yelling at his coach and Evans has one foot out the door.

I'm not saying we could get these packages for Rondo and filler but I am saying that is how high I am on Rondo when I consider his contract and his play.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:24:08 PM by nostar »

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I'd say no way to trading rondo....that is one deal you'll be hating that you did forever after...!