Author Topic: Bucks -- 99 points, 50 of those in the paint  (Read 1116 times)

Bucks -- 99 points, 50 of those in the paint
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
For those saying this was a good defensive game for the Celts tonight, I disagree. This team cannot defend the rim against anyone. Hopefully come January 15 or so, we see a big trade for a real big.

Re: Bucks -- 99 points, 50 of those in the paint
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:44:03 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
For those saying this was a good defensive game for the Celts tonight, I disagree. This team cannot defend the rim against anyone. Hopefully come January 15 or so, we see a big trade for a real big.

who is saying its a good deffensive game  :o

Right now I am soo heartbroken I can part with half the roster without hesitation

right now for me this team have 3 untouchables no more, coach included if they give me a bag of cheetos for him
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 11:19:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Danny had this to say today: but there’s no excuse for giving up 32 points in the paint in a half against Chicago

Wonder what he thinks about tonight's interior defense?

He clearly is frustrated and I am sure he is itching to make a trade

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Danny had this to say today: but there’s no excuse for giving up 32 points in the paint in a half against Chicago

I hope we see some magic. Because outside of PP, KG, Rondo and a first rounder, to some extent Green, all the pieces we have have little to no value. We really need someone who can hold the fort in the middle. Teams that are big just pounds it on us all day.

Gortat. Get Gortat! Right now I'd give two first rounders for him if I have too. I know it's probably too much, but we have a very small window here, we could use all the big help we can get. (Pun intended)
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:31 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

Danny "itching to make a trade" is a large part of the reason we're in the position we're currently in.

A trade needs to be made but I hope for the sake of the team, the fans and Danny Ainge himself, that its the right one.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:36:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1466

I agree. I think DA is slowly getting frustrated with the effort and results.  But he needs to take part of the blame as well.  Here are the veteran bigs he signed this year:
Bass
Wilcox
Jason Collins
Darko

That isn't really a bounty of great big man talent.  Extremely limited in the rebounding and pretty poor overall on D.  At this point, what do you lose by shaking it up?

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
The whole world watched as we were HELPLESS and defenseless in the paint.

If we have a Good defensive minded center , like Tyson Chandler, Noah,  or  VERAJAO  ???

We win this game EASY...even with JET and DOC doing all they can to screw up the game and throw it away...

ZERO INTERIOR DEFENSE ....ZERO dribble penetration defense...only Sully stood in in front of his man and took a charge. 

JET was chashing his man ....never saw him in front of his man ..NOT ONCE I can remember,

Rondo furstrated and mad ...destroyed the  teams mojo and got them off track .

Green at least tried , I give him that,  physical guys BIG or SMALL on the other teams are just abusing the Celtics. Green played ok for Green ...he just isn't a brawler in the paint.

Other teams are PICKING on the Celtics ,  like bullies do on a school bus to little kids.

Pierce said it himself .  the Celtics need more muscle in the paint...bigs that not afraid to hammer down on short guards with big tempers. (Jenning,, D wade, ect

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
When can we move Bass? Is it Jan. 15th? He is hurting us bad this year. I really liked bass when he came here but he is wearing his welcome out quickly. He hesitates to move the ball on offense A LOT, seems to get lost of defense a bit as well. I hope we could move him and a few other for a legit center.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 04:11:14 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Guys, when your team is underperforming pretty much up and down the roster -- how many other teams do you think are eager to take on our players?

When you talk about making trades, you have to think about why the other team wants a player if you're willing to trade him.  You have to give value to get value.

We can't just "trade Bass and Lee!" for value because we feel they've underperformed.  We're not likely to get back anything better.  Probably worse.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 07:47:25 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

guys, this team is going to get blown up in two years anyways. We have nothing to lose by trading away whoever we can other than PP, RR and KG to make a couple more runs this year and next. Come on DA make it happen. Too easy to quit and blow it up now. Whatever it takes. If not as I said before we will regret that choke job in 2010 against the Lakers forever. Not too mention the heat last year although that was on a different scale.
LET'S GO CELTICS!