Author Topic: Great win guys, way to turn....Oh, wait.  (Read 3048 times)

Great win guys, way to turn....Oh, wait.
« on: December 21, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
We are now 6 and 10 against teams with .500 records or better.

Blew another big lead down the stretch.

We let another big man slaughter us again. Larry Sanders looked like Lew Alcindor out there. Young fans, look him up or go watch "Airplane". Extra gift under the tree if you know what he changed his name to.

Pierce once again started strong then aged thirty years during halftime and played in a rocking chair during the second half.

Guess the Jason Collins experiment can end now.

Jeff Green might have actually earned some money from the Celtics tonight.

Another blah game from Brandon Bass. Can we just play Sullinger and see what we really have? Not like we are winning a title this year.

Garnett took six shots all night in the paint. Made two. Need I say more?

Jason Terry was 1-15. Yup, great signing. Well done Danny. Even better having him start and play 32 minutes. Well done Doc.

Please stop telling me to be patient. Stop telling me they will get it together. That Bradley will solve everything.

This team is 13 and 13 after 26 games and a full training camp and preseason. That is plenty of time to get it together.

They are what there record says they are. A mediocre team that does not fit together that will hopefully miss the playoffs rather than be the eighth seed and get blown out by Miami.

Re: Great win guys, way to turn....Oh, wait.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Pierce once again started strong then aged thirty years during halftime and played in a rocking chair during the second half.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well we learned one thing ... a BAD center is no better than NO center.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:08:02 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If Terry isn't going to be given a larger role offensively, I want to see his minutes cut back drastically because he is doing a lot of harm to the Celtics this season.

Terry is only a 15-20mpg player if he is only going to be used as a spot up / catch and shoot player. Too much of a liability as a defender and rebounder to justify more playing time than that for Terry under these conditions.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:12:04 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
we're blaming Pierce da guy who scored 35 nd grabbed 12 boards for dis game? "went into his rocking chair after halftime" wat? lol

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
we're blaming Pierce da guy who scored 35 nd grabbed 12 boards for dis game? "went into his rocking chair after halftime" wat? lol
"Yeah, Pierce is old and slow! why can't he do what Lebron does?? I want Lebron!!!"
Loyalty level: supreme... ::)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Lost me at Pierce and rocking chair... and I'm sure Sully would be out there more if phantom fouls weren't called on him every game.

But yeah this teams medicore at best. Might not even be .500 after this road trip... actually it looks bad we probably won't be don't even want to sound pessamistic but lets be real

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 11:28:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
what collins had to do with this?

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 11:56:29 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
what collins had to do with this?

Have you been asleep since the Cavs game? "Oh, Collins is the answer at center" "KG can go back to the 4, hallelujah" All the hyperbole over Collins was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 12:03:24 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
Pierce was flat and aggressive in the second half. He missed most of his shots in the fourth quarter and overtime, he was exposed defensively.

I get that he scored a lot and without him we would have been blown out but it is true he can not carry this team on his own.

I am not blaming Pierce for this teams woes. He is 35, it is what happens. I have never said we should trade him. I am just stating that is age is really starting to show, particularly on the defensive side.

Please stop attacking me because I state an uncomfortable truth about Pierce.

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:16 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Pierce was flat and aggressive in the second half. He missed most of his shots in the fourth quarter and overtime, he was exposed defensively.

I get that he scored a lot and without him we would have been blown out but it is true he can not carry this team on his own.

I am not blaming Pierce for this teams woes. He is 35, it is what happens. I have never said we should trade him. I am just stating that is age is really starting to show, particularly on the defensive side.

Please stop attacking me because I state an uncomfortable truth about Pierce.
yea cuz so many 35 year olds go out nd score 35 points grab 12 rebounds dish out 5 assist nd get 3 steals he's really lookin ancient out there huh bruh? nd tell me how da hell  u can look "flat nd aggressive" iont mind Pierce lookin for his shot like he did all da ova starters laid an egg tonight its times dis year when Pierce deserved blame tonight wasnt it

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Great thread bro!! Really different from your previous five thr-- oh no wait.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We are now 6 and 10 against teams with .500 records or better.

Blew another big lead down the stretch.

We let another big man slaughter us again. Larry Sanders looked like Lew Alcindor out there. Young fans, look him up or go watch "Airplane". Extra gift under the tree if you know what he changed his name to.

Jeff Green might have actually earned some money from the Celtics tonight.

Another blah game from Brandon Bass. Can we just play Sullinger and see what we really have? Not like we are winning a title this year.

Garnett took six shots all night in the paint. Made two. Need I say more?

Jason Terry was 1-15. Yup, great signing. Well done Danny. Even better having him start and play 32 minutes. Well done Doc.

Please stop telling me to be patient. Stop telling me they will get it together. That Bradley will solve everything.

This team is 13 and 13 after 26 games and a full training camp and preseason. That is plenty of time to get it together.

They are what there record says they are. A mediocre team that does not fit together that will hopefully miss the playoffs rather than be the eighth seed and get blown out by Miami.

I really like Larry Sanders.  I don't think I'd call him the next Lew Alcindor, though.  He reminds me more of a young T-Wolf from the mid-nineties nicknamed "The Kid."
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 12:39:47 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
Great thread bro!! Really different from your previous five thr-- oh no wait.

Glad to see you have intelligent things to pos----oh no wait.