Author Topic: Collins starting? We are done.  (Read 5885 times)

Re: Collins starting? We are done.
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This is the king of games that every single play Collins do will be under every single fan eyes.
If he do one good all pro will jump
If he do one good all contra will jump.
More than usual

Good Game Collins good luck tonight.
And we all hope you have your starting center soon to put you out of the spotlight.

Join the club, Jason.  It's his turn.  That means he's finally become a factor.  Good for him. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Couldn't use Kendrick Perkins! Spare me the contract its not your money and if it was you're giving it to a worse player in Jeff green, so spare me

Perkins was never going to remain a Celtic after that year. If he hadn't been traded he would've walked in free agency.

disappointing...I may be alone bit id still prefer him to green...I think he deserved his contract more than jeff

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 07:38:11 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I hate that Collins is even playing. Minutes now taken from Sully and Wilcox...disappointing.  :(

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
My main point was that if this is what we have been reduced to, starting a player that is in the league simply because he is seven feet tall and can put one foot in front of another without tripping over himself, we are in very dire straights. Most likely out of contention for a title this year.

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I hate that Collins is even playing. Minutes now taken from Sully and Wilcox...disappointing.  :(
wilcox has been on the DNP-coach decision recently

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 09:53:06 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Some asses are going to be shipped out of Boston pretty soon...

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 09:54:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
yeah, I don't get that today

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Wilcox hurt his thumb in chicago game....
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2012, 10:35:02 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Didyou saw Sully
Do you keep that statement, He pretty much play horrible tonight, looked lost. really lost
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »

Offline Sec22

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4

Didyou saw Sully
Do you keep that statement, He pretty much play horrible tonight, looked lost. really lost

One of many puzzles. The Celts got crushed on the glass last night, which not only gained Milwaukee the possessions they needed but also the momentum. This is Sully's strength, but it's his only strength. He doesn't bring interior defense or offense. The inconsistency of a rookie (i.e. "lost") also hurt.

It seems to me Collins is a good experiment. We just don't know what he has left and probably won't for awhile. But if he can anchor the interior a little bit, then Wilcox and Bass can move to their more natural roles, and I think Sully will be the odd man out. If not, then the team may need a deal.

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like Collins starting against a couple of teams. Powerful big man combinations like the Lakers (Dwight + Pau) and the Grizzlies (Z-Bo + M.Gasol).

I do not see the upside in starting Collins on a nightly basis though. I think that will do more harm to the team than good. I want to see this end soon. I hope it's just Doc using Collins to send a message to the other players about playing with defensive effort / fundamentals.

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
One of many puzzles. The Celts got crushed on the glass last night, which not only gained Milwaukee the possessions they needed but also the momentum. This is Sully's strength, but it's his only strength. He doesn't bring interior defense or offense. The inconsistency of a rookie (i.e. "lost") also hurt.
I would have loved to have a Sully/Garnett combo as first choice against Udoh/Sanders.

Let Sully attack Udoh on the boards and create some extra possessions for the team.

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2012, 10:43:52 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Why not to play more

Collins- Bass
KG-Sully
and less

KG-Collins
Bass-Sully

and keep KG a little more fresh

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2012, 12:52:44 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

Didyou saw Sully

It seems to me Collins is a good experiment. We just don't know what he has left and probably won't for awhile. But if he can anchor the interior a little bit, then Wilcox and Bass can move to their more natural roles, and I think Sully will be the odd man out. If not, then the team may need a deal.

We did well on the boards when Collins or Sully were in the game.  We were +5 on the boards early on and very competitive over the first half.  We got crushed when both got into foul trouble.

And I still don't understand why Doc does the Bass + Sully combo.  It hasn't yielded good results all season and never will.

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2012, 03:14:07 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
And I still don't understand why Doc does the Bass + Sully combo.  It hasn't yielded good results all season and never will.

I think Doc is forcing himself to play Sullinger.  Right or wrong, the only way Doc avoids putting Bass and Sully on the floor together is by playing Bass and benching the rookie.  At some point, he will tighten his rotation and one of those two is going to lose minutes.  I think it will be whoever is worse at defensive rotations.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference