Author Topic: revisiting 2012 draft, should Danny have done any differently?  (Read 3968 times)

Re: revisiting 2012 draft, should Danny have done any differently?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 07:42:26 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Melo has been improving at a fast rate and may be ready by next season. Or if he keeps improving like he has get a team to bite on a trade with him in it.

I mean the guy just had  a 14 or 15 block game. And was said to be great in the rotations on D.

I don't care if he only scores 5 points a game. As long as you get 10 boards and 2 or 3 blocks from him, that would be a steel that high in the draft.

Danny doesn't draft huge impact players that high, but he has drafted well over all and has turned those picks into other players. so we'll wait and see what happens in a few weeks...

Re: revisiting 2012 draft, should Danny have done any differently?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Melo has been improving at a fast rate and may be ready by next season. Or if he keeps improving like he has get a team to bite on a trade with him in it.

I mean the guy just had  a 14 or 15 block game. And was said to be great in the rotations on D.

I don't care if he only scores 5 points a game. As long as you get 10 boards and 2 or 3 blocks from him, that would be a steel that high in the draft.

Danny doesn't draft huge impact players that high, but he has drafted well over all and has turned those picks into other players. so we'll wait and see what happens in a few weeks...

I was with you until you said 10 boards... I love FAB and I watch the DLeague games, he will never average 10 boards! LOL The kid will do anything else for you in time though, I expect him to be EXCELLENT defensively when all is done (he's going to need NBA game time for this)... I also expect him to be better offensively than people think (he seems to have learned quickly or is recently showcasing the hook). He, to me, looks like he gives great effort every time he is out there... but it's almost like he is the only one playing D at times (much like KG and no that's not a comparison of talent). Whoever FAB is playing for in 5 years (hopefully us), if they continue to let him develop without too much pressure, he is going to be very solid!

He may be gone soon (please no DA) but I see him surprising a few people/teams in a couple seasons.

Edit: He may average 10 boards if he gets better at catching b/c he does get his hands on them quite a bit... it's like he knows where to go to get it but he usually gets a tip or something like that and that isn't going to cut it in the NBA. He is looking much better though.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)