Author Topic: Obama to nominate Kerry for State  (Read 1675 times)

Re: Obama to nominate Kerry for State
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 630
Is this supposed to be some sort of lifetime-political-achievement nomination with the intention of Kerry being a figurehead?  Or is this supposed to be legitimate?

Kerry can't possibly be seen as well qualified.
DKC Los Angeles Lakers
GM: Micheal Corleone
Head Coach: Mike Krzyzewski
Roster

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »

Offline IndeedProceed

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1860
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Is this supposed to be some sort of lifetime-political-achievement nomination with the intention of Kerry being a figurehead?  Or is this supposed to be legitimate?

He's very well respected for his foreign policy work and knowledge.

DKC Portland Trailblazers Team Card
Questions about the DKC? Ask here: LINK
Free Agency Tracker: Link

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 634

Yeah, I understand not liking his politics, or just not liking him as a politician.  But I can't quite see the argument that he is unqualified. 

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 03:20:57 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Yeah, I understand not liking his politics, or just not liking him as a politician.  But I can't quite see the argument that he is unqualified.
I hope you are right.  We should just be grateful that he has not been put in charge of "job creation."  My disillusionment with him is probably too personal to be non-judgemental.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:17 PM »

Offline Cman

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 229

He's very well qualified, and respected on foreign affairs by both sides of the aisle (more or less).
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 72
    • Self Assay
No he is not. He might be well respected in the Senate, because the republican's in the senate care more about keeping their ability to get a cabinet position open, than vetting Kerry.

The reason he lost in 04 had a lot to do with independent groups exploding the myth of JFKerry's foreign policy bonafides.

He's remained feckless and clueless since his young days as part of the useful idiots battalion (meeting with Vietcong leaders in Paris being but one of many of his young adventures), recent example: http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/John-Kerry-Syria-Assad/2011/05/11/id/395968

Of course only a naive fool would have ever called the young Assad a reformer and of course Kerry did.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 105
the idea that the Republicans will grill a sitting Senator is foolhrdy. These are the same Republicans that cleared the path for him.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 807
Kerry is about as well qualified a politician as you can find today for foreign policy. I can understand not liking him as a person or not agreeing with his political beliefs, but I don't understand how people can call him unqualified for this job. He will pass through the confirmation easily, as he deserves. He is extremely qualified. A few political attacks from the republicans during the 2004 election have zero credence on his qualifications regarding foreign policy. The republicans manipulated stories to do what they needed to do to get Bush re-elected, and it barely worked.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 07:32:19 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 74
The Republicans will not vote against the nomination....it'll give them a chance to get that seat back

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Fantasy Draft Topics