Author Topic: Bucks (13-11) at Celtics (13-12) 12/21  (Read 37924 times)

Re: Bucks (13-11) at Celtics (13-12) 12/21
« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Expect more overreaction from the people on this board.  I'm sure a "trade Terry" thread will be popping up any minute now.

Why not, you're happy with what he's doing?

Not particularly.  He's been disappointing for much of the season for sure.  But he's not the reason we lost the game.
his 1-15 shootin nd defense on Monta Ellis was a huge part of it then Lee shoulda gotten WAY more minutes

Yes it was a huge part of it, but why was he even in the game for a significant part of the 4th quarter and OT when he clearly was having an off night on all facets of the game?  I pin the loss more on Doc than I do Terry.
we ALL want to kno dat but dude kept shootin. if u dont have it goin either move da ball or at least drive but he kept takin contested jumpers it was unbelievable i aint see anything like dat on a celtics team since Big Baby Davis' contract year

« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Jeff Green had the man boxed out and he still failed to grab the rebound..smh... I hope he is alright though.

When someone jumps on your back, it's hard to do anything.  It should have been a foul.  Don't be dumb.

Ilyasova tipped it clean. Stopped defending Green at all cost. He is terrible rebounder. Ray Allen is better on the glass than 6'9 240 Jeff Green.

He didn't tip it clean, it was a clear over the back foul, well before the elbow to the eye. As for the elbow, how is that not a foul, and the elbow Sullinger had that barely touched Jennings was a foul? Pathetic.

Get off Greens back!!!! If you want to blame someone other than the refs, start with Jason Terry tonight.

I'm not blaming him for the loss. But how does he not get that rebound? That one rebound could have prevented what occurred aftermath.

If I want to blame someone or something for the loss, I'd go with the darn basketball. Celtics missed a lot of make-able shots. Its one game though. onto the next one.

« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:50 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Expect more overreaction from the people on this board.  I'm sure a "trade Terry" thread will be popping up any minute now.

Not particularly.  He's been disappointing for much of the season for sure.  But he's not the reason we lost the game.
his 1-15 shootin nd defense on Monta Ellis was a huge part of it then Lee shoulda gotten WAY more minutes

Yes it was a huge part of it, but why was he even in the game for a significant part of the 4th quarter and OT when he clearly was having an off night on all facets of the game?  I pin the loss more on Doc than I do Terry.
we ALL want to kno dat but dude kept shootin. if u dont have it goin either move da ball or at least drive but he kept takin contested jumpers it was unbelievable i aint see anything like dat on a celtics team since Big Baby Davis' contract year

What do you mean Ray used to do it all the time. Doc has always stuck to his guys and told them to keep shooting their shots. This is nothing new and I'm not surprised. Doc never sits guys that he trusts to make shots, even when they're ice cold. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2012, 10:30:59 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1997

If Doc panicked as much as some people on this site, this team would be changing starting lineups every game. You go with your guys, win or lose. That's how a good coach rolls. If your guys need to be changed, so be it. But until they are, you go with your guys and you trust them. I love Doc as a coach and I rarely have an issue with his decisions. I live eternally in a minority.

I say the exact same thing.  If Terry is in the game, I want him taking those shots that he was getting.  They were his shots.  I have no problem with that.  But it makes little sense to stick with a player who has been struggling the entire game while another has played very well.  Lee was terrific off the bench, and I would have liked to have seen Doc place his trust in him to finish the game.

« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31

His effort on the court is close to zero, it's really hard he can go worst than this.
It's not a thread on a forum, I hope they trade him for real. He's washed up, period.
The Celtic in me.

« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Terry should be off the bench. Blame Lee for being awful at the beginning of this year. But who are we even kidding? Lee shouldn't be starting either.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
man Kg and Jet shooting was just terrible. 

Why ROndo is not a good as guard CP3..because CP3 can take over a game and MAKE a jumper to win their games.  Rondo himself is a poor offensive weapon ...ie can't shoot  :'(

KG and Jet couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces.

And yet, KG hit the tying shot in a clutch moment. Every player has off nights - KG had one. But Rondo never loses confidence in him and that clutch shot is why.
no reason he shoulda shot 22 times tho dude doesnt even shoot dat much when he has it goin. idk wat possesed him to chuck like there was no tomorrow Larry Sanders wasnt a good matchup for him.

« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton

What do you mean Ray used to do it all the time. Doc has always stuck to his guys and told them to keep shooting their shots. This is nothing new and I'm not surprised. Doc never sits guys that he trusts to make shots, even when they're ice cold. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Courtney Lee was playin betta on both ends of da floor he made Monta work harder nd Terry forced a lot of shots on offense ur makin it seem like he had nuthin but open looks dat wasnt da case

« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson

Courtney Lee was playin betta on both ends of da floor he made Monta work harder nd Terry forced a lot of shots on offense ur makin it seem like he had nuthin but open looks dat wasnt da case

I'm not saying Terry should or shouldn't have been out there. I'm just saying that it's just how Doc operates. Doc trusts Terry more than he does Lee.

And I disagree on Terry's shots, he had decent looks he just flat out missed.

« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2012, 10:46:03 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I wish Doc had stuck longer with Pierce and Green on the wing.  Pierce had his way with Monta on two possessions and if the Bucks had switched, Green could've had his way with Monta too.  Make the Bucks either pull Monta or use to guard a much, much bigger guy.  When Bass picked up two fouls, Doc went away from the big wing setup and never went back to it.  In the maybe 5 minute sample size all season, it's been really really good.

« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
As much as Doc loves to tinker, he sets the limit at Pierce and Green on the wing together.  I don't get it.  When you have two postup wings with good strength, play them together once in awhile.

« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2012, 11:02:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Larry Sanders = Chris Andersen??  A younger Chris Andersen.

« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
Good point Galeto.

Doc really does suck at using mismatches and rotations to his advantage.

« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2012, 11:03:50 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I need to vent.....

somebody start a TRADE RONDO thread  please... ;D

« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2012, 11:09:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968