I heard they're targetting a January return. Doesn't concern me much either way, this team lives and dies with how well the frontcourt plays defensively.
Kevin Garnett is still an elite defensive player and is probably still one of the top 10 frontcourt players in the league defensively. That means at least when he is on the court (which is the majority - 60% - of the time) our front court defense is strong, and we are outplaying out opponents.
While our interior defense is strong more often then it isn't, our perimeter defense cannot make the same claim. Our backcourt defense is only really passable when we have Terry and Lee on the court together, but that only happens for at most 20 minutes a night. That means that 40% of the time our perimeter defense is passable, and the other 60% of the time it's terrible.
It's not just on the backcourt guys either - both Pierce and Green have been mediocre (at best) on defensive this year.
I think the addition of an elite perimeter defender at either SG or SF (obviously Rondo will gets the minutes at PG) would transform this team from the average defensive team we are now, into one of the better defensive teams in the NBA.
If you have an elite perimeter defender and an elite interior defender then the other three guys can get away with being fairly average defenders because two people are always getting shut down, and those elite defenders help to also make up for mistakes made by other players. The combination of Bradley and KG gives us exactly that, and I think a lineup of Rondo, Bradley, Pierce, Bass and KG has the potentialy to be one of the elite defensive lineups in this league.
Once the bench comes in we don't really need elite defense - just a couple of solid defenders. Terry, Lee, Green, Sullinger and Wilcox (though not outstanding defensively) is probably a solid enough unit defensively to be able to cover the second tier talent of most opponents.
At least that's my opinion