Author Topic: what are people paying for tickets  (Read 2752 times)

what are people paying for tickets
« on: December 20, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I tried to post this in a different thread, and maybe should have asked a more general question in this forum. I am assuming a lot of people on here at least occasionally go to games. What are people paying for single game tickets for non-marquee opponents (eg Orlando, Indiana Milwaukee). I really have no other place that I can ask this question, so any feedback from fans would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to not pay much more than I should (get ripped off).

Re: what are people paying for tickets
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
pay?  don't be silly.  just hang outside the Garden doors and "relieve" a passerby of their tickets. ;)

think of it as sparing them the headaches of watching the team mail in yet another home game to an inferior opponent.  so much less stress and aggravation for them, why, you're just doing the humane thing for them   ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I know this in jest, but I actually would normally be open to buying them outside stadium. However, these are a gift for my dad so they need to be advance purchased. I was very surprised to see how expensive tickets were (at least where I have looked). On the plus side that means bandwagon is still full.

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
It really depends on the game, and how late before gametime you can wait.  Not all non-marquee game is created equal.  It usually will depend on when the game is. 

If its a Wednesday night game against a terrible team, if you hold out until the day of, or the day before the game, you can probably get them at 50-75% of face value.  If its a weekend game, or you want to buy it more than a couple days ahead of time, then you might be looking closer to face value, or even above.

I recommend using the NBA's new ticket resale website.  They have had great prices whenever I looked, and it is official, so you know you are getting real tickets.

http://www.ticketsnow.com/NBA/boston-celtics-tickets/?extcmp=gw500214&wt.mc_id=NBATEAM_BOS_NAV

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:22:42 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I have been watching stubhub.  For games like last night season ticketholders were selling ticket for below what somebody can get as face value for an individual game ticket. 

For last nights game I wouldnt pay more than 25 for balcony seats and more than 40 for lower bowl tickets.  ( I don't mind sitting behind the baskets though)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
I have been watching stubhub.  For games like last night season ticketholders were selling ticket for below what somebody can get as face value for an individual game ticket. 

For last nights game I wouldnt pay more than 25 for balcony seats and more than 40 for lower bowl tickets.  ( I don't mind sitting behind the baskets though)

Thanks for the feedback, it is really helpful. I am looking at a weekend game, Indiana Pacers and the cheapest two balcony seats are going for is around $50 each. I was reluctant to pay this because I had seen a lot of advertising that there were $10-20 balcony seats and it seemed expensive for non-marquee team...I will check out the nba.com site as well.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 01:33:14 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Thanks for the feedback, it is really helpful. I am looking at a weekend game, Indiana Pacers and the cheapest two balcony seats are going for is around $50 each. I was reluctant to pay this because I had seen a lot of advertising that there were $10-20 balcony seats and it seemed expensive for non-marquee team...I will check out the nba.com site as well.

Also, my tip.  These sites allow people an option to set there tickets up to gradually decrease in price as the event gets closer in an attempt to make them more attractive to buyers.

I pick out a game I want to and then purchase the tickets day of from stubhub. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

There are only a handful of $10 tickets, and generally those are not resold for anything close to $10, since their face value is so much cheaper than any other seats in the building. 

You have to keep in mind that the vast majority of balcony seats' face value (for season ticket holders) is between $30-50 for the ends and corners, and between 50-100 from baseline to baseline, and it is generally even more than that, if you are buying single game tickets.

So, while you may find some good deals, finding tickets to a weekend game at less than $20 per ticket might be tough to come by.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Go to ScoreBig.com and set your price. If there is distressed inventory available, you will get it.

Last year I got tickets for $5.00 and no tax to the Net's games against Miami.

I recommend just looking at the site and trying it out. It's legitimate.

https://www.scorebig.com

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14