Author Topic: Apocalypse thread Dec 21st, 2012!!!  (Read 10952 times)

Re: Apocalypse thread Dec 21st, 2012!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 04:59:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't get why people are doggin the Myans (even their beliefs that were ABSURD), they NEVER said the world was going to end! "People" (you know WHO I'm talking about, I'm not getting banned) are the ones who put 2+2 together and got 5. Actually, they put 2+X together and assumed it was the end of the world.

Well, we are still here!

I would present that a lot of belief systems are absurd when under the microscope.  I can ridicule all of them on some level.   I think the most intriguing thing about the Mayans is that they had a big urban and obvious civic minded style with advanced architecture and decided to give it up and move into the jungle and go back to nature.  That is fascinating to me, I know scientists speculate a drought or what not.  But one would a society that advanced could do aqueducts.

I think their was big money made off these crisises.  I think people are obsessed with apocalypses.  Just ask Tim LaHaye if this stuff sells.  Books, guns, survival equipment and food all sell well in these times.  A fool and their money are soon parted I guess.

The really ridiculous part is that the other half of the world already went through this yesterday.  They made it.

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 05:07:04 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I don't get why people are doggin the Myans (even their beliefs that were ABSURD), they NEVER said the world was going to end! "People" (you know WHO I'm talking about, I'm not getting banned) are the ones who put 2+2 together and got 5. Actually, they put 2+X together and assumed it was the end of the world.

Well, we are still here!

Well technically the Mayans predicted it would end at 11:11 their time, which would be 6:11 AM EST.  ;)

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 06:29:39 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
People are making end of the world jokes like there's no tomorrow.

eggzellent
Yup

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Still here.

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Well, we are still here!

Well technically the Mayans predicted it would end at 11:11 their time, which would be 6:11 AM EST.  ;)
how are the Mayans 5 hours ahead of EST?  if anything, I'd think they were 1-2 hours behind.

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:39 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Well, if this is the afterlife then I must've been a particularly bad human being .. it looks a lot like my office!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 09:14:49 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Well, if this is the afterlife then I must've been a particularly bad human being .. it looks a lot like my office!
ha ha ha....TP
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 09:21:55 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Never fear.  The Congress of the United States, in a spirit of generosity, brotherhood and bipartisanship, are feverishly working together to prevent the apocalypse.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
ok ok ok I was able to stop it, you can thank me later.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!