Author Topic: Sup with OJ Mayo??  (Read 1935 times)

Sup with OJ Mayo??
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Man.  Sad to think this guy had his bags packed for Boston and then suddenly the Ray Allen deal fell through.

25 years old and he's currently averaging 21 points 4 assists, 4 rebounds while shooting 49% FG, 85% from the line and an absurd 52% from three.  Clearly that can't last, right?  That's crazy shooting.  He's knocking down 2.7 threes per game.  He's due for a cold streak.

Re: Sup with OJ Mayo??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Judging from the box score alone last night, he's not just relying on the 3 either.

Only 2 attempts while making both of them last night.

The 9 FT attempts tells me that he's scoring in a variety of ways.

Is the mid 40s in FG% that much of a stretch when he stops being so hot from three?

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Unless he's a shooting God like Reggie Miller or Ray Allen, he will eventually cool down from beyond the arc.
I honestly can't see a 50% percent on more than 2.5 3pm being sustained through 82 games.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:06:50 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Im not gonna lie I didn't think Mayo was that great. Granted I didn't watch him too closely on the Griz. Still a relatively tough call to make last year considering we were pretty darn close to getting to the finals and under normal circumstances most players take the deal ray was offered by the C's last year.

In any case I think its pretty impressive foresight by Danny. I think most people weren't THAT impressed with Mayo even if they were for the trade last year. I guess Danny could see the potential as a at the very least a borderline all star starter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:15:46 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
wat a lot of people forget is mayo averaged 19ppg his rookie year lol. him Gay nd Z-bo aint mesh dat well sometimes u gotta leave to really expand ya game nd he needed to do dat cuz he regressed every year in memphis

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:38:50 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
wat a lot of people forget is mayo averaged 19ppg his rookie year lol. him Gay nd Z-bo aint mesh dat well sometimes u gotta leave to really expand ya game nd he needed to do dat cuz he regressed every year in memphis

Yeah this... Rookie year and sophomore year he averaged 18.5 points a game. People forget how good of a scorer he has always been. Moving to the bench took his shots and ppg away.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:30 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Yeah this... Rookie year and sophomore year he averaged 18.5 points a game. People forget how good of a scorer he has always been. Moving to the bench took his shots and ppg away.

While I agree his numbers were down after that bench move, his percentages have never been this good, so, it's easy for us people to react to this performance in this way.

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:11:36 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

He's also a pretty cruddy defender.

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 01:49:26 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I told you(Celticsblog) so...