Author Topic: Blockbuster KG trade idea  (Read 2902 times)

Blockbuster KG trade idea
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:21:19 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Out the heart and soul of our team KG.

For Nick Collison, Hasheem Thabeet, Perry Jones, Eric Maynor, Jeremy Lamb, and a first.

For the thunder a little thin now. We can give them Collins as well.

Perkins
Ibaka/Garnett
Durant
Kevin Martin/Sefolasha
Westbrook

That's the best seven in Basketball. And Kevin can go out in style hopefully take down the Heat and get his second wring.

All we get is two maybe good players down the road and a late first rounder. I think Lamb will be good. Jones I have no idea.

Re: Blockbuster KG trade idea
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Do we then trade Rondo for Conley/Ellington/etc. and a first if we're gifting our best players to contenders out West?

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
If we want to present KG with a chance for a second ring, we can do that without asking for a total of six players. As insignificant as they may seem, nobody is injury-proof, so, they'd have to say no because of virtually zero bench.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Do we then trade Rondo for Conley/Ellington/etc. and a first if we're gifting our best players to contenders out West?

I like Mike Conley. Not that I advocate a trade of that sorts, but it's definitely not on par with trading KG for Collison & Co.  :D

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
If we want to present KG with a chance for a second ring, we can do that without asking for a total of six players. As insignificant as they may seem, nobody is injury-proof, so, they'd have to say no because of virtually zero bench.
They'd still do it, pick up some replacement guys still out there to fill out their backup PG and fourth big.

Getting KG only giving up Collison as a major rotation player, they'd have to.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 10:29:50 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I like Mike Conley. Not that I advocate a trade of that sorts, but it's definitely not on par with trading KG for Collison & Co.  :D
It'd still be pretty bad, though at least Conley is a starting level guy where as Collison is more a 3rd big type.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 12:14:36 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
KG is worth way more than that garbage platter from OKC.

Personally, and this is all hypothetical, if I were to move KG I'd try to trade him the the Spurs. We could get back a couple of young guys and the Spurs would stomp through the West probably. It would be pretty funny at the very least.

Brooklyn might also be interested in KG. I heard they were going to make a run at him in FA if he didn't resign in Boston. I'm sure Prokhorov would buy a championship if he could and we could ship out Pierce and KG for Lopez/Wallace plus some of their younger guys. The Nets would probably win every game by an average of 20 points and we would have a chance to legitimately rebuild around Rondo.

HYPOTHETICAL

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
KG has a no-trade clause, so nopeee
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 12:34:23 AM »

fitzhickey

Pierce and rondo would grumble a lot. Chemistry would die, and our defense would be shattered

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 06:13:09 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
KG has a no trade contract.  IMO if KG goes then Doc goes also and you start all over...  Not going to happen plus a stupid trade for us...

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
He has a no trade clause.. And no.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
That is terrible!!

Even if KG DIDN'T have a no-trade clause, that would be a terrible suggestion.

You are going to trade the guy who makes the greatest impact on our team for a bunch of scrubs and unproven prospects?

Not a chance in hell.  The only way KG would ever go out in a trade would be if he brings back a young player with all-star potential (such as Josh Smith) otherwise no way in hell.   

KG is being paid $10M a year and he is 37 years old.  There are only so many teams who would be willing to give up a player who is even CLOSE to KG's value in return for somebody of his age...trading him out would likely get you a young guy who's rough around the edges (like Javale McGee) or a mid-career player whos pretty solid (like a Iggy caliber guy).  Either way not worth it.

Trading KG would never get you back anywhere near the value (either tangible or intangible) that KG gives you.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I can't think of any blowing it up KG trade that makes sense... I'll explore a little and get back.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 07:31:24 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I can't think of any blowing it up KG trade that makes sense... I'll explore a little and get back.

Rondo, Terry, and KG for Lillard and Aldridge?   (salaries don't even close to match)

Paul George and Hibbert for Pierce and KG?

Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol for Pierce and KG?

I don't think either team would do any of those deals.  But I want something similar to those deals *if* I'm thinking of blowing it up.  And obviously KG's no trade clause nixes any of them.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 09:10:20 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Rondo, Terry, and KG for Lillard and Aldridge?   (salaries don't even close to match)

I would say a very emphatic no tot hat one.  Aldridge is *arguably* a better offensive player than KG, but KG is so much better on defense that it's not even close.  Plus Aldridge cannot match the leadership, passion KG brings.  The only benefit to us in this trade is that we get younger, but Aldridge isn't THAT young and it doesn't look like he's goign to get better either.

As for the backcourt part Lillard isn't worth trading for Rondo straiht up.  Rondo is so much better a player that it's not even worth considering.  Add Terry in there too?  No way.

Paul George and Hibbert for Pierce and KG?

Pierce for George is a nice trade for us.  George is a young, very atletic, a good defender and has a super-high ceiling. 

KG for Hibbert is a maybe...at 7'2" and with his skill set Hibbert has the potential to be a top 5 center in the NBA one day, even though he's not lived up to that yet.

Geroge + Green gives us a young, versatile combination at the SF spot for the next 5+ years.

If I HAD to trade out KG this is one of the only ideas I'd consider.

Rudy Gay and Marc Gasol for Pierce and KG?

Definately another worth considering.  Gay is not the same level of closer that Pierce is, but he can score on par with the captain and is a better defender at this point in his career - plus we can get a few seasons out of him and he's a good trade chip. 

Gasol is probably a top 5 center in the league right now.  We'd still lose a LOT giving up KG, but Gasol would be a nice pickup.

You would have to listen. 

I don't think either team would do any of those deals.  But I want something similar to those deals *if* I'm thinking of blowing it up.  And obviously KG's no trade clause nixes any of them.
[/quote]