Author Topic: Collins To Start At Center Moves KG Back To The 4.  (Read 4972 times)

Re: Collins To Start At Center Moves KG Back To The 4.
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Varejao is out tonight lol
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 07:47:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
Don't like Terry starting. He's used to being sixth man, and he'll be there once Bradley's back. If Doc wants Terry to be more involved (I think we all do), he should give Terry free rein to run the pick and roll and create for himself and others.

Collins is a big body ... that's about the only positive thing I have to say about that. I wish Doc would give Wilcox more minutes.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Id rather have Sulllllllllllllllly!!!

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 07:59:21 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Don't like Terry starting.

Don't like Lee starting, either.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd much prefer to start Wilcox at the 4.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

but it won't work bc kg has to play center. And he is not a Center. There are still lots of good centers in the league. Miami is like the only team that can get away playing small ball basketbal

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

but it won't work bc kg has to play center. And he is not a Center. There are still lots of good centers in the league. Miami is like the only team that can get away playing small ball basketbal

and bc Wilcox cant deffend a chair
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I really couldnt figure out why Collins was starting tonight. Hey, it was nice to see a legit lineup (size wise) start the game for once though.

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 11:45:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Melo can play as well as Collins right now . 

Collins helped KG , I thought,  he stood in there to clog the dribble penetration.

Varejao would be Sooooooooooooooooo useful to this team. We need his rebounds, interior defense and garbage buckets when Sully isn't in there.

Danny ...PLEASE TRADE for Varejao   ;D

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 11:49:50 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Collins helped KG , I thought,  he stood in there to clog the dribble penetration.

Varejao would be Sooooooooooooooooo useful to this team. We need his rebounds, interior defense and garbage buckets when Sully isn't in there.

Danny ...PLEASE TRADE for Varejao   ;D

Co signed
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Wilcox 's game is more offensive , he gets abused under bucket by guards in the lane , they aren't afraid of him. Wilcox plays a bit soft ... nice guy and he gets abused by smaller guys.

Collins size , is enought to make most guys think hard about how bad they want that interior shot. And all he is doing is moving around the paint area. A good center would make a night and day diff in the Celtics.

Gortat would help , no doubt, but , I can really see Varejao fitting  in with the mindset of this team.  A faster paced , where Anderson doesn't have to carry an offensive load, but can roam like Noah and disrupt the opposing team .

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I'm not convinced this is true.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:56 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Wilcox 's game is more offensive , he gets abused under bucket by guards in the lane , they aren't afraid of him. Wilcox plays a bit soft ... nice guy and he gets abused by smaller guys.

Collins size , is enought to make most guys think hard about how bad they want that interior shot. And all he is doing is moving around the paint area. A good center would make a night and day diff in the Celtics.

Gortat would help , no doubt, but , I can really see Varejao fitting  in with the mindset of this team.  A faster paced , where Anderson doesn't have to carry an offensive load, but can roam like Noah and disrupt the opposing team .

That said, Wilcox rarely plays with KG, and Wilcox's defense should be better playing alongside KG. If anything, I'd start Wilcox over Collins and see how it looks.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 01:04:02 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I really liked seeing Collins out there with Garnett.  It was like having Perk out actually with the smart and physical defense Collins brought yet with even worse offense as hard as that's to imagine. 

Another benefit of playing Collins over Bass is that the fifth best offensive starter isn't taking shots away from his superior teammates.  Bass has been one of the least efficient players on the Celtics and he really shouldn't have been chucking up shots at the expense of Terry, Pierce, Garnett and Rondo.  Another plus is that without Bass to throw behind the back bounce passes to for mid-range jumpers, Rondo looked more aggressive offensively.  I like the attacking version of Rondo.

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 06:14:32 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Should have done this a long time ago with Darko when we had him...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace