Author Topic: Collins To Start At Center Moves KG Back To The 4.  (Read 4980 times)

Collins To Start At Center Moves KG Back To The 4.
« on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
What do you guys think about this? I'm just excited to see doc do something that's not so predictable for once. Lets see how this plays out.

Re: Collins To Start At Center Moves KG Back To The 4.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Weird. This means that either Sully, Bass, or Wilcox will be on the outside looking in.

Now I really wish Darko were still here. He'd be a definite upgrade over Collins.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:06:56 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
A little weird definitely but something to look out for tonight. Also forgot to mention terry is in the starting lineup again.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I can live with that
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Link? Collins is so offensively challenged tho i wouldnt want dis lineup all da time

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:34 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Link? Collins is so offensively challenged tho i wouldnt want dis lineup all da time

The Celtics will start Jason Collins at C on Wednesday and move Kevin Garnett back to PF.
The swap means Brandon Bass heads back to the bench as Doc Rivers tries to get the Celtics going. Collins' starting role is unlikely to change his minimal fantasy impact. However, the swap should be enough for Bass owners in 12-14 team leagues to part ways with the PF for any worthwhile free agent.
Related: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass
Source: Mike Petraglia on Twitter Dec 19 - 6:54 PM

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

The Celtics will start Jason Collins at C on Wednesday and move Kevin Garnett back to PF.
The swap means Brandon Bass heads back to the bench as Doc Rivers tries to get the Celtics going. Collins' starting role is unlikely to change his minimal fantasy impact. However, the swap should be enough for Bass owners in 12-14 team leagues to part ways with the PF for any worthwhile free agent.
Related: Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass
Source: Mike Petraglia on Twitter Dec 19 - 6:54 PM

lol
KG will be hot in fantasy this week specially if we win today

p.s. I think is an intelligent move against varejao

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
It's not like what we're doing is crushing all comers. All for "any" change to mix it up. Let Collins get his minutes early.

Personally, I'd have done it a long time ago:

Collins
KG
Pierce
Lee
Rondo

Wilcox
Bass or Sully
Green
Barbosa (off guard)
Jet (Point Guard - let him run some pick and roll, plays where he can pull up for mid range jumpers off the dribble.

I don't like the "Jet" starting. He's been a bench guy for six years, leave him in that position. Plus with our rebounding woes, he makes us even smaller in the back court when playing with the starting unit.

But I would also bring Fab Melo up and let him get his backside handed to him about every three games just for fun. Again we ARE NOT world beaters at the moment.

Make it simple for Melo - no layups by the other team, none. - that's all you need to focus on. Protect the basket and lay some people out - three good, hard clean fouls in about 10 minutes of playing time would be optimal.

Who knows, in the process of laying people out and protecting the rim, he might block a few shots, alter a few others and grab a few rebounds.

Oh, I'd give him one other directive: I expect you to beat every big man on the floor - including KG if he's out there - yeah the 37 year old - up and down the court bo5th ways, every play. I say KG as well because I notice that he still seems to beat most other big men in the league up and down the court still - foul line to foul line. Amazing.   

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
This game its not bad at all to play collins
Let Varejao fight for his rebounds and Let KG be a little rested against talented youg players

I like

p.s. Courtesy of Thristyboots18  ( If Varejao doent play tonight the trade is IN  ;)   )

Nice to be back!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No ... this is only something to be done against physical power-based teams like Memphis and the Lakers.

Jason Collins should not be a regular starter. He is too limited a player. He'll do more harm than good to the team in this role.

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
It's not like what we're doing is crushing all comers. All for "any" change to mix it up. Let Collins get his minutes early.

Personally, I'd have done it a long time ago:

Collins
KG
Pierce
Lee
Rondo

Wilcox
Bass or Sully
Green
Barbosa (off guard)
Jet (Point Guard - let him run some pick and roll, plays where he can pull up for mid range jumpers off the dribble.

I don't like the "Jet" starting. He's been a bench guy for six years, leave him in that position. Plus with our rebounding woes, he makes us even smaller in the back court when playing with the starting unit.

But I would also bring Fab Melo up and let him get his backside handed to him about every three games just for fun. Again we ARE NOT world beaters at the moment.

Make it simple for Melo - no layups by the other team, none. - that's all you need to focus on. Protect the basket and lay some people out - three good, hard clean fouls in about 10 minutes of playing time would be optimal.

Who knows, in the process of laying people out and protecting the rim, he might block a few shots, alter a few others and grab a few rebounds.

Oh, I'd give him one other directive: I expect you to beat every big man on the floor - including KG if he's out there - yeah the 37 year old - up and down the court bo5th ways, every play. I say KG as well because I notice that he still seems to beat most other big men in the league up and down the court still - foul line to foul line. Amazing.

Jet won't be starting after AB comes back (Doc said it pregame) but he has to now b/c he needs RR (or be with Lee) because (per Doc) he needs to be more involved in the offense and the second unit has no one to help him on that front.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wish Darko was still around.  He's simply better than Collins, who is perhaps the worst offensive player in the entire NBA, and is among the worst rebounding 7-footers.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:44 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Weird. This means that either Sully, Bass, or Wilcox will be on the outside looking in.

Now I really wish Darko were still here. He'd be a definite upgrade over Collins.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

collins is HOT GARBAGE 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Shoulda started Wilcox instead. Or Darko, welp, he's gone now, Should have done this earlier

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 07:27:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wish Darko was still around.  He's simply better than Collins, who is perhaps the worst offensive player in the entire NBA, and is among the worst rebounding 7-footers.

Yeah, it is really unfortunate we couldn't make things work with Darko. He is clearly a better player. Now we have about 4 pfs and Collins - great!  :-\