Author Topic: Lebron's lack of fouls thread  (Read 16524 times)

Re: So I just read that Lebron has been called for 6 fouls this month!
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
im surprised people are actually defending this...NO basketball player is such a great defender that they Dont foul at all...its just not possible

but I think some people dont want to believe that the NBA just might be somewhat fixed...

consistency in calls is the whole problem with NBA officiating.

its the same thing as the "rookie treatment"

so you are telling me that rookies have to play by different set of rules defensively than vets?

That's exactly what it is. Its laughable to me. I'm actually ashamed to say i even watch the NBA. Its only because the celtics. Once they become a lottery team I'm done and sticking to football.

So you're a bandwagon fan?

I was waiting for somebody to say that I'm surprised it took so long. Nope, I'm a fan that has to force himself to watch a sport he otherwise wouldn't watch if his team wasn't so exciting to watch. If the celtics are a lottery team then i won't feel the need to watch this rigged sport anymore. I would be a bandwagon fan if i dropped the celtics and started rooting for another winning team which will never happen.

« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2012, 08:56:43 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LBJ is the NBA /Sterns meal ticket ,   you can't foul him out of a game or let him have to play with fouls ...that would be fan unpopular/ TV ratings poor business wise and could get you on the wrong side of David Stern.

LBJ winning ...is a win -win for the NBA...

« Reply #62 on: December 25, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
im surprised people are actually defending this...NO basketball player is such a great defender that they Dont foul at all...its just not possible

but I think some people dont want to believe that the NBA just might be somewhat fixed...

so you are telling me that rookies have to play by different set of rules defensively than vets?

That's exactly what it is. Its laughable to me. I'm actually ashamed to say i even watch the NBA. Its only because the celtics. Once they become a lottery team I'm done and sticking to football.

I was waiting for somebody to say that I'm surprised it took so long. Nope, I'm a fan that has to force himself to watch a sport he otherwise wouldn't watch if his team wasn't so exciting to watch. If the celtics are a lottery team then i won't feel the need to watch this rigged sport anymore. I would be a bandwagon fan if i dropped the celtics and started rooting for another winning team which will never happen.

Wrong.  You are the definition of a bandwagon: only rooting for a team because it performs well, or as you say, is "exciting to watch."  It doesn't matter if you switch to another team, what matters is you are supporting a team solely for its success.  Once the success is over, and they become a "lottery team," you leave.

Unlike you, I'm going to follow this team for as long as I can, because good or bad, I always find this team "exciting to watch."

« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2012, 09:01:53 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

Wrong.  You are the definition of a bandwagon: only rooting for a team because it performs well, or as you say, is "exciting to watch."  It doesn't matter if you switch to another team, what matters is you are supporting a team solely for its success.  Once the success is over, and they become a "lottery team," you leave.

Unlike you, I'm going to follow this team for as long as I can, because good or bad, I always find this team "exciting to watch."

And you're wrong because you don't know how to read and comprehend. The main reason i would be leaving is because of the refs not because the celtics are a lottery team. Once the NBA gets respectable refs ill watch the sport on a regular basis. I'm tempted to stop watching now even when the celtics are still good. So please, comprehend a little better next time before responding.

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

And you're wrong because you don't know how to read and comprehend. The main reason i would be leaving is because of the refs not because the celtics are a lottery team. Once the NBA gets respectable refs ill watch the sport on a regular basis. I'm tempted to stop watching now even when the celtics are still good. So please, comprehend a little better next time before responding.

Don't tell me what I can and can't do.  Thanks.  I know you don't like the refs; neither do I.  However, you did say that once the C's became a lottery team you were gone.  Now, the terrible job of the refs probably factors into your decision as well, but maybe you need to state it more clearly; I'm obviously not as sophisticated or educated (or literate, for that matter) as you.  So please, make your point a little clearer next time.

Back on topic, I thought the refs did a pretty decent job on LeBron today.  They messed up big time, though, on calls involving Ray, Wade, and Perkins.

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 03:54:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Merry Christmas? Locked.

Way too much drama, guys.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Still don't believe the officiating is biased?
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2012, 06:08:01 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Only 6 games? I wonder what the record is but I bet it's a lot more than that, even for high minutes player.

So many haters, he must be doing something right.
The guy just can't win lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #68 on: December 26, 2012, 06:24:50 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Add the foul on Westbrook from that piece if garbage Dwayne Wade too.  Shameful

« Reply #69 on: December 26, 2012, 07:06:46 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Lebron gets away with 3-4 blatant offensive fouls every game.

« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2012, 07:21:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
When those whom Stern has invested millions into marketing need some help on the court, Stern gives it.  Stern is a business who cares about money not the integrity of the game.  LeBron doesn't have a ring send in the refs.   LeBron who was not real aggressive, send in the refs so he gets no fouls called.   Problem solved, marketing dollar saved.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 07:49:55 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
For the love of peanut butter, can we not have a million of threads about it?

::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #72 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Lebron isn't a physical offensive or defensive player so he doesn't get called for fouls....

« Reply #73 on: December 26, 2012, 09:33:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I caught about a minute of the OKC/CHeat game last night and noticed that the Bron non-foul factor has really carried over to his teammates.  Westbrook had the ball on the fastbreak, Ray stepped in front of him for a clear blocking foul and the refs still managed to call an offensive foul on Westbrook.  it was unbelievable.  If Ray were still wearing Celtic Green, that foul would have been on him without any doubt.

further justification (for myself) that watching any non-Celtic game is a complete waste of my time.

« Reply #74 on: December 26, 2012, 09:44:01 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Star players get calls here or there, and they also really don't foul as often, or know how to game the system.

KG for instance fouls all the time. But he does it so consistently that he gets away with it now.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner