Author Topic: Lebron's lack of fouls thread  (Read 16521 times)

Re: So I just read that Lebron has been called for 6 fouls this month!
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2012, 05:02:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
anyone got video of the suspected fouls he's not being called for?  Or are we just throwing temper tantrums, because the greatest player alive plays for a team other than the Celtics.

I'm sure there's some favoritism towards superstars.  Our boys in Boston have gotten some favorable calls during their run.  But part of that might just be that LeBron is bigger, quicker and better than everyone on the court... and Miami is coasting right now.

Do you really need a video to know whether something is likely or unlikely, probable or improbable?

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2012, 05:02:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
anyone got video of the suspected fouls he's not being called for?

Yeah. 

Statistically, I think it's extraordinarily unlikely that a physical defender could play 6 games without a foul.

However, Lebron probably has the talent to do it.  Until I see video of a blown call, I can't get too up in arms.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Rondo will not get calls until you hand the keys to him. Right now our favorable calls belong to KG AND PP

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
They probably do not keep the stat, but I would like to know if any other player in the history of the league who is a starter and plays 40 minutes per game has gone this long without a foul. Either he is absolutely not playing any defense, or he is getting the starriest of star treatment in the history of the NBA.

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I'm sure he's getting some treatment, but for the most part LeBron is a top five defender in the NBA.  He can guard all five positions, block, steal, whatever.  He's an incredible athlete to boot.

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 06:12:11 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick.. he is... 

....and strong and....juiced?

"Freakishly" as in "abnormally"......or maybe he is just the next step in the evolution of the human species....

Nietzsche's Ubermenschif you will....

...or maybe he is HGH juiced, perhaps since he was a teen.

Not a bad plan to "create" a superstar. But why would anyone do that?

If Lebron is juicing, so is Rondo, KG, and about 50-70% of the NBA.  I could care less. Lebron was a freak of nature before any supplementation. 

I think everyone should make a new years resolution to stop whining and making conspiracy theories about Lebron, and just accept him for the dominant player he is.  It will make it that much sweeter to see him lose in the playoffs.

And the same should go for Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire and Clemmons et al... and all that juicing was OK??

Is it whining or just railing against an injustice?

Oh, I get it.  It's all about how incredibly gifted, smart and athletic LeBroid is. That's why he doesn't get called for fouls:because he REALLY doesn't foul. He's that good!

Male cow excrement!
Link a single piece of evidence that Lebron is using any enhancements at all... was he also when he was in HS?  Did the 'roids get him to grow to 6'8 & allow him to jump 42" off the ground? 

This is obviously a baseless claim.  Stop it.

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 06:23:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
6?  really?  that many?  I'm surprised they've called any on him since that game in the playoffs where the refs had the nerve to foul him out by actually applying the rules to him and not just everyone else on the court.

let me know the next time the refs DO call a foul on him.  that would be more shocking than the lack of calls   ::)

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:25 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
6?  really?  that many?  I'm surprised they've called any on him since that game in the playoffs where the refs had the nerve to foul him out by actually applying the rules to him and not just everyone else on the court.

let me know the next time the refs DO call a foul on him.  that would be more shocking than the lack of calls   ::)

That's the thing.He is a great athlete and he is a great basketball player, but any guy who actually commits 6 fouls in a game should not be able to go 249 straight minutes without being called for a foul. I honestly do not need any video to tell me that this is wrong.

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
im surprised people are actually defending this...NO basketball player is such a great defender that they Dont foul at all...its just not possible

but I think some people dont want to believe that the NBA just might be somewhat fixed...

consistency in calls is the whole problem with NBA officiating.

its the same thing as the "rookie treatment"

so you are telling me that rookies have to play by different set of rules defensively than vets?

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 07:41:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick.. he is... 

....and strong and....juiced?

"Freakishly" as in "abnormally"......or maybe he is just the next step in the evolution of the human species....

Nietzsche's Ubermenschif you will....

...or maybe he is HGH juiced, perhaps since he was a teen.

Not a bad plan to "create" a superstar. But why would anyone do that?

If Lebron is juicing, so is Rondo, KG, and about 50-70% of the NBA.  I could care less. Lebron was a freak of nature before any supplementation. 

I think everyone should make a new years resolution to stop whining and making conspiracy theories about Lebron, and just accept him for the dominant player he is.  It will make it that much sweeter to see him lose in the playoffs.

And the same should go for Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire and Clemmons et al... and all that juicing was OK??

Is it whining or just railing against an injustice?

Oh, I get it.  It's all about how incredibly gifted, smart and athletic LeBroid is. That's why he doesn't get called for fouls:because he REALLY doesn't foul. He's that good!

Male cow excrement!
Link a single piece of evidence that Lebron is using any enhancements at all... was he also when he was in HS?  Did the 'roids get him to grow to 6'8 & allow him to jump 42" off the ground? 

This is obviously a baseless claim.  Stop it.

The problem is that there are no pieces of evidence to link ANY NBA players to PEDs. If anyone thinks that juicing does not go on in the NBA  he/she is pretty naive.

HGH is banned by the NBA, but there is no reliable urine test to detect its presence. Billy Hunter, the NBA player’s union executive director, has said he will  never let players be blood tested for HGH.

How much of a leap of  the rational mind does it take to guess that if PEDs are present in the NBA, and they most assuredly are, that SOME of the strongest, fastest, most athletic players in the league are doping? To think otherwise is also naive.

HGH increases the density of high twitch muscle fibers in the legs. HGH makes people grow bigger and faster and stronger. It makes them heal more quickly. Given at the time of growth spurts in particular, HGH has a multiplier effect on growth in bone plates and muscle mass.

HGH is very, very difficult to detect. And given the NBA's laissez-faire policy on drug testing in general and HGH in paricular (the star players are THE product for the NBA, right?)HGH is overly ripe for abuse.

And in answer to your question, yes, HGH could have helped him grow to 6'8" and help him jump 42" off the ground and also give him the bulk  and strength of a middle linebacker. Most definitely. Whether it did or not for LeBroid is an answer we might never know.

Re: Still don't believe the officiating is biased?
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 05:02:27 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the nba has tried to sweep the officiating under the rug, but the fact remains there were some refs fixing games for their own financial benefit.  to assume there isn't bias bc one guy got the boot is extremely naive.

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
STOP THE PRESS!

LeBron James called for a foul in the first quarter of game vs OKC, then gets a TECH straight after!!!!!!

I've only seen the box score so refuse to believe until we see some proof.

The Queen James apologists must be up in arms.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Guys like, come on. The NBA is a hard game to ref! Its fast paced and the refs are doing the best they can! Also lebron is the greatest player like.........ever. So if anybody can go weeks without fouling he can! Give him and the refs credit here!!!!  ::)

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 08:24:33 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
im surprised people are actually defending this...NO basketball player is such a great defender that they Dont foul at all...its just not possible

but I think some people dont want to believe that the NBA just might be somewhat fixed...

so you are telling me that rookies have to play by different set of rules defensively than vets?

That's exactly what it is. Its laughable to me. I'm actually ashamed to say i even watch the NBA. Its only because the celtics. Once they become a lottery team I'm done and sticking to football.

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2012, 08:49:49 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

That's exactly what it is. Its laughable to me. I'm actually ashamed to say i even watch the NBA. Its only because the celtics. Once they become a lottery team I'm done and sticking to football.

So you're a bandwagon fan?