Author Topic: Lebron's lack of fouls thread  (Read 16526 times)

Re: So I just read that Lebron has been called for 6 fouls this month!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Isit REALLY amazing.....LOL...no, it is pitiful, same for Wade......and then we have to see our RONDO, get fouled so hard everytime he goes in for a layup.....no call....refs....who's your buddy, who is your pal....lebron....sportsman of the year..Bahahhahahha, talk about a setup league.....it would be a lot different IF they just called the fouls/game as it REALLY was played, and THE SAME for EVERYONE......!!!

Still don't believe the officiating is biased?
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »

Offline joeb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
LeBron James just finished his 6th consecutive game without being called for a single foul. I'm sorry that just not possible, especially for someone that's considered to be a very good defensive player. You have a better shot at not being called of r very many fouls if you don't play defense.

Even Jordan never got this special treatment.

Re: Still don't believe the officiating is biased?
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 10:23:47 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Bron will be the only player in the history of any sport that no matter how many rings he gets in any conversation about how great he was there will always always be a "yeah but" moment.   

Correction....a lot of yeah but moments 

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 10:28:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Pretty soon there will be posts on here (like there were on the thread about this last night: see:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61136.15)

saying how incredibly gifted, smart and athletic LeBroid is. That's why he doesn't get called for fouls:because he REALLY doesn't foul. He's that good!

That's a bunch of contrarian crap.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:27:28 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I honestly don't think that KG, Kobe, Bird, Russell, Duncan, or Shaq respects Bron. I really don't.  Jordan I think is 50/50. Magic probably does. Kareem probably doesn't know who he is. Bill Walton probably goes through mood swings where one day it's "Mmaaaannnn Bron is a great great player and athlete" and the next day it's "Weeellll the problem is he never went to college. He never matured. He never learned to play with other players as a team. If he had just met John Wooden and spent 4 years with him he'd probably be the greeeeeaaaatttest player of alll time, but instead it was time wasted making commercials. He's not a well rounded person and without that basis you can't be the player you could be." 

I don't think Ray Allen respects him either but Ray clearly doesn't respect anyone. Rondo doesn't respect him.

Bron is the only player like this. And maybe A Rod.

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 10:53:06 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
And....another game with no fouls called against the King of basketball. That makes six straight full games and a total of 249 straight minutes without being whistled for a foul. This has to be a record in the history of basketball, and while many of the reasons being cited here are valid, I find it totally impossible that even the greatest player in the world can go 249 straight minutes without having a foul called on him. Absolutely ridiculous.

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
And....another game with no fouls called against the King of basketball. That makes six straight full games and a total of 249 straight minutes without being whistled for a foul. This has to be a record in the history of basketball, and while many of the reasons being cited here are valid, I find it totally impossible that even the greatest player in the world can go 249 straight minutes without having a foul called on him. Absolutely ridiculous.

yup it's so obvious that the NBA has become the WWE

I posted this last year during the playoffs
James took 8 shots in the paint out of his 20 total shots and got to the line 24 times .....

and he hasn't committed a foul until half way through the 3rd quarter of both of the c's games racking up a whopping 4 fouls in 92 mins of play for against the c's

This comes after a series in which he racked up a TOTAL OF 5 FOULS IN 6 GAMES AGAINST INDIANA AND A BORDERLINE ALL-STAR IN DANNY GRANGER.  THATS 1 FOUL EVERY 50 MINS.......

Career total -

Regualr season
Jordan = 38.3 MPG, 2.6 Personal fouls per game
Lebron = 40   MPG, 1.9 Personal fouls per game

Post season
Jordan =  41.7 MPG, 3 Fouls per game
Lebron =  43.2 MPG, 2 Fouls per game

Ok are you really going to tell me that Lebron is a better defender than Jordan was ? In Jordans era it was so much more physical and yet Lebron in this watered down league where if you breathe on someone it's a foul only averages 2 fouls per game

Lebron plays more mins than Jordan in the regular and postseason and yet his fouls are significantly lower .

And this is Jordan we're talking about who got every call in the world and still got for 1 more foul per game on average than Lebron in the playoffs.

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 11:58:49 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
This is pretty insane.

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
LeBron is an amazing talent.   But these no calls cheapen the game, he really doesn't need them.  The star calls MIA gets and no calls are a disgrace and show to me that Stern will doing anything he can to validate his marketing dollars.

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2012, 12:40:04 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Players go months with more blocks than fouls all the time right?

Someone lock this thread before someone runs in and defends him again.  You know how little defense you have to play to get those defensive stats with so few fouls in that many minutes?

Ask Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson.

Those are the guys close.  They were just so good that they could go entire games shutting down players with no fouls right?

No.  It's ridiculous that he's anywhere close to those guys.  It just doesn't happen to guys that play that much defense.  AND IT'S BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.

You know how often players are able to average less than 2 fouls per 36 and still average at least 1.5 steals and .5 blocks?  LeBron has done it 9 times.  Yes, every season he's been in the league.  It's happened 35 times in history and a 1/4th of them were LeBron alone.  Only 5 non-guards did it a total of 18 times and 1/2 of them were LeBron.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

yup it's so obvious that the NBA has become the WWE

I posted this last year during the playoffs
James took 8 shots in the paint out of his 20 total shots and got to the line 24 times .....

and he hasn't committed a foul until half way through the 3rd quarter of both of the c's games racking up a whopping 4 fouls in 92 mins of play for against the c's

This comes after a series in which he racked up a TOTAL OF 5 FOULS IN 6 GAMES AGAINST INDIANA AND A BORDERLINE ALL-STAR IN DANNY GRANGER.  THATS 1 FOUL EVERY 50 MINS.......

Career total -

Regualr season
Jordan = 38.3 MPG, 2.6 Personal fouls per game
Lebron = 40   MPG, 1.9 Personal fouls per game

Post season
Jordan =  41.7 MPG, 3 Fouls per game
Lebron =  43.2 MPG, 2 Fouls per game

Ok are you really going to tell me that Lebron is a better defender than Jordan was ? In Jordans era it was so much more physical and yet Lebron in this watered down league where if you breathe on someone it's a foul only averages 2 fouls per game

Lebron plays more mins than Jordan in the regular and postseason and yet his fouls are significantly lower .

And this is Jordan we're talking about who got every call in the world and still got for 1 more foul per game on average than Lebron in the playoffs.
Jordan wasn't allowed to play defense like Lebron can- when MJ was defending, it was 1 on 1, and usually against the other team's best.  Lebron getting to play safety in a lot of situations means he can pick and choose his situations better than Jordan could.

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Sad

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2012, 02:53:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick.. he is... 

....and strong and....juiced?

"Freakishly" as in "abnormally"......or maybe he is just the next step in the evolution of the human species....

Nietzsche's Ubermenschif you will....

...or maybe he is HGH juiced, perhaps since he was a teen.

Not a bad plan to "create" a superstar. But why would anyone do that?

If Lebron is juicing, so is Rondo, KG, and about 50-70% of the NBA.  I could care less. Lebron was a freak of nature before any supplementation. 

I think everyone should make a new years resolution to stop whining and making conspiracy theories about Lebron, and just accept him for the dominant player he is.  It will make it that much sweeter to see him lose in the playoffs.

And the same should go for Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire and Clemmons et al... and all that juicing was OK??

Is it whining or just railing against an injustice?

Oh, I get it.  It's all about how incredibly gifted, smart and athletic LeBroid is. That's why he doesn't get called for fouls:because he REALLY doesn't foul. He's that good!

Male cow excrement!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:05:44 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
anyone got video of the suspected fouls he's not being called for?  Or are we just throwing temper tantrums, because the greatest player alive plays for a team other than the Celtics.

I'm sure there's some favoritism towards superstars.  Our boys in Boston have gotten some favorable calls during their run.  But part of that might just be that LeBron is bigger, quicker and better than everyone on the court... and Miami is coasting right now.

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
yet sullinger cant stay on the court for more than 5 minutes before fouling out. ridiculous.