Author Topic: Lebron's lack of fouls thread  (Read 16517 times)

Re: So I just read that Lebron has been called for 6 fouls this month!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Wrong, they never call the foul.   It is still foul, he is pushing off just like MJ.   Officiating has went downhill under Stern with the star calls.

Right, they never call that foul on anyone.  So, it is not an NBA foul.  Lebron isn't getting special treatment for the pushoffs.

The only offensive fouls that are regularly called in the NBA are charging (which he rarely does, because he gets to the spot first), and illegal screens (which he rarely does, because he usually has the ball in his hands).

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 04:03:04 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I've seen our guys get called for it.   I 've seen them call PP for a pushoff and KG.  So they do call it occasionally.   

I don't care about the fouls I would like to see them call the travels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsl36MnOqY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16XCffKwFII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH73R9GIbXg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxIazBszYs

What a joke, these are not called, it's disrespectful of the game.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 04:08:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I've seen our guys get called for it.   I 've seen them call PP for a pushoff and KG.  So they do call it occasionally.   

Right, and I have seen Lebron called for it.  Just all three of them get away with it much more often than not. 

And if we are going to talk about guys getting away with stuff, how about we look at every single pick KG sets, that is illegal. 

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
LeBroid streak now up to 5 games and counting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-hasn-t-whistled-foul-two-weeks-160100036--nba.html

"James has played 23 games now, for his 17-6 Miami Heat, and he’s still only registered 32 fouls on the year. It’s been five games, LeBron has played over 186 minutes over the course of his team’s 4-1 run, and he hasn’t been hit with a single foul throughout the entirety of that span. Not a tap or a tweet or a flop or a flail. Impressive stuff, LeBron."

The NBA: where Vince McMahon happens.

Blanking AMAZING.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
And, he has not been called for a foul in the last 4 games or in 5 of the last 6. This must be one of the most amazing stats in the history of basketball. I wonder if any other player who plays 40-plus minutes a game has gone 4 straight games without being called for a foul?

Been watching some of his games, he actually doesn't bump guys that he defends, it's kind of amazing. The offensive foul calls are debatable though.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
he almost killed Vince Carter yesterday, poor vince flies like 4 meters, and was like in the key when the bus arrives, INCREDIBLE!! Even Vince put the face of ....sigh oh well
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 04:10:48 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Chris, you are really defending Lebron hard here huh?  I agree with you that he doesn't commit many fouls because he really is just that good.  And I agree with you that other superstars (KG and pierce included) get away with a lot of fouls as well.  But I think you're choosing to ignore that he gets away with much more fouls than other players, even other superstars.  No matter how good he is, there's no way a player as aggressive as him goes 5 straight games without committing a single foul.  There is a bias here worse than with other players.

And you're right, every pick KG sets is definitely illegal.  And its not even close I don't see how the nba lets him get away with it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 04:26:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Chris, you are really defending Lebron hard here huh?  I agree with you that he doesn't commit many fouls because he really is just that good.  And I agree with you that other superstars (KG and pierce included) get away with a lot of fouls as well.  But I think you're choosing to ignore that he gets away with much more fouls than other players, even other superstars.  No matter how good he is, there's no way a player as aggressive as him goes 5 straight games without committing a single foul.  There is a bias here worse than with other players.

And you're right, every pick KG sets is definitely illegal.  And its not even close I don't see how the nba lets him get away with it.

I am not defending Lebron, I am attacking conspiracy theories. 

But I also stand by my stance that he gets more calls than other players (superstars or not) because he is THAT good.

Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick, and smart he is.  I very rarely watch a replay and think "that was a foul on Lebron". 

...traveling is another matter, but that is a leaguewide issue.

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick.. he is... 

....and strong and....juiced?

Freakishly" as in "abnormally"......or maybe he is just the next step in the evolution of the human species....

Nietzsche's Ubermensch if you will....

...or maybe he is HGH juiced, perhaps since he was a teen.

Not a bad plan to "create" a superstar. But why would anyone do that?
[/size][/size]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:59:12 PM by Chris »

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick.. he is... 

....and strong and....juiced?

"Freakishly" as in "abnormally"......or maybe he is just the next step in the evolution of the human species....

Nietzsche's Ubermenschif you will....

...or maybe he is HGH juiced, perhaps since he was a teen.

Not a bad plan to "create" a superstar. But why would anyone do that?

If Lebron is juicing, so is Rondo, KG, and about 50-70% of the NBA.  I could care less.  Lebron was a freak of nature before any supplementation. 

I think everyone should make a new years resolution to stop whining and making conspiracy theories about Lebron, and just accept him for the dominant player he is.  It will make it that much sweeter to see him lose in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 04:59:33 PM by Chris »

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
1.7 steals per game, 1.6 blocks per game, and only 1.4 fouls per game?!!

Insane.  The league is definitely rigged in favor of . . . Andrei Kirilenko?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »

Offline Sec22

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
It seems to me that if Lebron isn't getting called for fouls, he either is getting preferential treatment or he isn't being physical/aggressive enough. I suspect it's a little bit of both.

I think everyone should make a new years resolution to stop whining

Amen!!  :)

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429

I am not defending Lebron, I am attacking conspiracy theories. 

But I also stand by my stance that he gets more calls than other players (superstars or not) because he is THAT good.

Everytime I watch him play, I am shocked by how freakishly quick, and smart he is.  I very rarely watch a replay and think "that was a foul on Lebron". 

...traveling is another matter, but that is a leaguewide issue.

But 5 straight games without a foul called against him? I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but this fact is absolutely ludicrous. I cannot ever remember a Celtics player who starts and plays almost the entire game going 5 straight games without a foul. NEVER
'
Actually, 211 straight minutes without a foul: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/12/21/lebron-james-no-fouls-five-games-miami-heat/1786019/

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 06:58:25 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
It's amazing that Lebron gets called for so little fouls.  The way he barrels to the hoop, like an amped up Jim Brown on steroids, teams should be wracking up offensive fouls against him. 

LeBron does have an amazing feel for the game, and for getting to the rim.  What's so frustrating is that he does not need any help from the zebras at all.  There's never been this combination of physical abilities and feel for the game in one NBA player before, including Michael Jordan. 

Too bad he ruined his legacy in my eyes by taking the punk route to a championship. I don't care if he wins 12 MVP awards.   He'll never have my full respect.

But the thing is, he is so quick, and covers so much ground so quickly that it almost never is an offensive foul, because the defenders are almost always out of position when Lebron is barreling to the hoop. 

On the offensive end, I think Lebron definitely gets away with travels more than he should...but the fouls, I think they are usually right on (at least by how refs call fouls in the NBA).

This is my view.  I almost never see LeBron in situations where it's a 50-50 block/charge situation, let alone obvious offensive fouls.  He's almost always getting grabbed or hit as he's going past or over a defender.  Almost never throws the off-arm out either, he usually drives with his shoulders.

On D he gets away with some contact, especially off-the-ball, but that's true league-wide.  Rarely see him do something like grab an arm or forearm shove a guy, and rarely see him out of position defending a drive or at the rim. 

Agree that he gets away with more travels than most, but I think the low foul count comes more from him having a great game than from bad officials.

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It's amazing that Lebron gets called for so little fouls.  The way he barrels to the hoop, like an amped up Jim Brown on steroids, teams should be wracking up offensive fouls against him. 

LeBron does have an amazing feel for the game, and for getting to the rim.  What's so frustrating is that he does not need any help from the zebras at all.  There's never been this combination of physical abilities and feel for the game in one NBA player before, including Michael Jordan. 

Too bad he ruined his legacy in my eyes by taking the punk route to a championship. I don't care if he wins 12 MVP awards.   He'll never have my full respect.

But the thing is, he is so quick, and covers so much ground so quickly that it almost never is an offensive foul, because the defenders are almost always out of position when Lebron is barreling to the hoop. 

On the offensive end, I think Lebron definitely gets away with travels more than he should...but the fouls, I think they are usually right on (at least by how refs call fouls in the NBA).

This is my view.  I almost never see LeBron in situations where it's a 50-50 block/charge situation, let alone obvious offensive fouls.  He's almost always getting grabbed or hit as he's going past or over a defender.  Almost never throws the off-arm out either, he usually drives with his shoulders.

On D he gets away with some contact, especially off-the-ball, but that's true league-wide.  Rarely see him do something like grab an arm or forearm shove a guy, and rarely see him out of position defending a drive or at the rim.

Agree that he gets away with more travels than most, but I think the low foul count comes more from him having a great game than from bad officials.

Yup.  It's not like he's getting his Laimbeer on when he's playing D.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.