Author Topic: Lebron's lack of fouls thread  (Read 16522 times)

Lebron's lack of fouls thread
« on: December 19, 2012, 01:55:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
And, he has not been called for a foul in the last 4 games or in 5 of the last 6. This must be one of the most amazing stats in the history of basketball. I wonder if any other player who plays 40-plus minutes a game has gone 4 straight games without being called for a foul?

Re: So I just read that Lebron has been called for 6 fouls this month!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:59:26 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
And, he has not been called for a foul in the last 4 games or in 5 of the last 6. This must be one of the most amazing stats in the history of basketball. I wonder if any other player who plays 40-plus minutes a game has gone 4 straight games without being called for a foul?

Gah please don't remind me how rigged this league is please...

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

Gah please don't remind me how rigged this league is please...

No, there's no bias, don't you understand the games moves so fast mistakes will happen? It's perfectly realistic for a guy that plays tough d to never get fouls called on him ::)
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 02:41:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I tell you Stern has fell down on the job.... 6 fouls...naw say it an't so.....the hero of the NBA can't possibly make a mistake.   If he was to foul out of a gam e, the world might end before the 21st.

This stat alone is enough to tell most casual fan the NBA is contrived :-[

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Another reason to hate the NBA

Seriously tho isn't lebron one of the most physical defenders in the game?

This is what makes it so infuriating when he jumps up and down when he does get called for a foul (the jumping up and down which was supposed to get you a tech now )

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 03:32:47 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Wow, that stat is just ridiculous.

I'd say something needs to be done about it, but until Stern keels over (or has a wooden stake put through his heart) I doubt that the refs will stop favoring him.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 03:42:06 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Another reason to hate the NBA

Seriously tho isn't lebron one of the most physical defenders in the game?

This is what makes it so infuriating when he jumps up and down when he does get called for a foul (the jumping up and down which was supposed to get you a tech now )

Not only is he one of the most physical defenders, hes incredibly physical on the offensive end.  He should be getting 1-2 offensive fouls a game.  Arrr I hate the NBA.
do it

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The Cs got LeBron to commit six fouls in one playoff game.  How great was that?  Was Tommy Heinson reffing that game?

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:48:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Lebron is physical, but he almost always beats his man to his spot.  While there are times he gets away with things, that is because he really is incredible at NOT fouling guys.  That's the benefit of being bigger, faster, and stronger than everyone else...and having a great understanding of the game.  You just are always a step ahead, and the refs see that.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Yeah, its pretty pathetic...

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 04:02:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
BTW, just to show that its not just superstars who can be physical defenders who are given the benefit of the doubt by the refs, here are the personal fouls per games of a few very physical guys:

Lebron James - 1.9 per game
Luol Deng - 1.8
Jason Kidd - 1.9
Andre Iguodala - 2.1
Bruce Bowen - 2.2
Rajon Rondo - 2.3
Gary Payton - 2.4
Kevin Garnett - 2.5
Ron Artest - 2.7

So, maybe there is a slight bias there, but I think it shows that guys who just beat their men to their spots, generally get the calls in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 11:38:48 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
The Cs got LeBron to commit six fouls in one playoff game.  How great was that?  Was Tommy Heinson reffing that game?

How great was it after when he said "I don't foul out" like a little baby
do it

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 02:13:49 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
It's amazing that Lebron gets called for so little fouls.  The way he barrels to the hoop, like an amped up Jim Brown on steroids, teams should be wracking up offensive fouls against him. 

LeBron does have an amazing feel for the game, and for getting to the rim.  What's so frustrating is that he does not need any help from the zebras at all.  There's never been this combination of physical abilities and feel for the game in one NBA player before, including Michael Jordan. 

Too bad he ruined his legacy in my eyes by taking the punk route to a championship. I don't care if he wins 12 MVP awards.   He'll never have my full respect. 

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 02:34:54 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
It's amazing that Lebron gets called for so little fouls.  The way he barrels to the hoop, like an amped up Jim Brown on steroids, teams should be wracking up offensive fouls against him. 

LeBron does have an amazing feel for the game, and for getting to the rim.  What's so frustrating is that he does not need any help from the zebras at all.  There's never been this combination of physical abilities and feel for the game in one NBA player before, including Michael Jordan. 

Too bad he ruined his legacy in my eyes by taking the punk route to a championship. I don't care if he wins 12 MVP awards.   He'll never have my full respect.

But the thing is, he is so quick, and covers so much ground so quickly that it almost never is an offensive foul, because the defenders are almost always out of position when Lebron is barreling to the hoop. 

On the offensive end, I think Lebron definitely gets away with travels more than he should...but the fouls, I think they are usually right on (at least by how refs call fouls in the NBA).

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 03:36:20 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wrong, they never call the foul.   It is still foul, he is pushing off just like MJ.   Officiating has went downhill under Stern with the star calls.