Author Topic: Buck Bigs (trade idea)  (Read 4559 times)

Buck Bigs (trade idea)
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:59:28 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The Bucks are one of the few teams in the league with more quality big men then they can play.

They currently have

Sanders C/PF, 24 signed for 2 more years having a great year

Ilyasova PF,  not living up to his 5 year deal but playing better as of late

Dalembert C, 31 not happy with lack of minutes, in last year of contract. rumored to want a bigger role

Gooden PF/C, 31 has had role cut by young guys still has 2 years left on contract. rumored to be on the trade block

Udoh PF/C, 25 young athletic big

Henson PF, 21 rookie keeps getting bounced in and out of rotation

Przybilla C, 33 injury prone defensive center

Mbah a Moute PF/SF, more of a power 3 than a 4

This is a team that I think is a prime trading target for the Cs. They are very thin at the wing position. Lee would be competing with Daniels for playing time. 

simple trade

Lee + Collins for Dalembert

why: Dalembert gives the Cs size, rebounding, and shot blocking they desperetly need

other idea

Lee, Bass, Barbosa/Collins, 1st/melo  for Gooden, Udoh

obviously would rather trade collins but would throw in barbosa to make it happen.

This trade works for the Cs because it replaces Bass with a bigger old 27 vs 31 but historically more productive player (last year in 26min averaged 14pt 7 rb). In Udoh the Cs get a player with length and athleticism to hopefully back up KG and anchor the D. He is old for his draft class and already 25 but has proven to at least be a decent shot blocker in his short career. His potential to grow under doc, rondo and KG make this a good long term move.

The Bucks consolidate two big men into one with Bass becoming there back up PF. Lee instantly competes for a starting spot with marquis daniels. If the bucks insist on barbosa he becomes a great backup for the Ellis/jenning high speed backcourt. The inclusion of melo or a 1st round pick help dampen the long term potential loss of Udoh.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 12:37:55 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Buck Bigs (trade idea)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If I'm dealing with Milwaukee, I'd bring Minnesota into the deal as well.

Something along the lines of Green and Bass for Dalembert, Mbah a Moute and Ridnour.

Green goes to Milwaukee, and Bass to Minny.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Green and Bass seems like alot to give up for that package
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
A deal with the Bucks makes the most sense for both teams. I think Dalembert would help us a lot and can be had for cheap. I also think we could make a run at Ersan for a little more, and he would be great for this team. I wouldn't give up Collins in a deal though, the idea is to add more bigs, not to replace one with another. I don't see why they would want Collins either. They could certainly use Lee however.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If I'm dealing with MIL I'm shooting for taking Dalembert off their hands while scoring one of their star guards.

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
If I'm dealing with MIL I'm shooting for taking Dalembert off their hands while scoring one of their star guards.

No way we score one of their top guards unless we give up Rondo. I would go for Dalembert or Gooden for cheap, or if it doesn't cost us Bradley I would go for Ersan.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 01:31:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
A deal with the Bucks makes the most sense for both teams. I think Dalembert would help us a lot and can be had for cheap. I also think we could make a run at Ersan for a little more, and he would be great for this team. I wouldn't give up Collins in a deal though, the idea is to add more bigs, not to replace one with another. I don't see why they would want Collins either. They could certainly use Lee however.

Collins was a salary throw in, either Barbosa, collins or joseph would need to go to make the $$ work.

I am on the fence about adding ilyasova. If they would take a

Lee, Bass, and a first for Ilysova and Dalembert
or
Lee, Bass  for Ilysova and Gooden

then i would consider. Dont want to have to give up green for him.

How?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 01:54:00 PM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I think there's a very simple deal to do with the Bucks:

Lee for Udoh + filler (likely Joel P)

I don't see Ainge giving up on Lee for a short rental of Delambert, but they may need to roll the dice.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 03:13:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Lee, Bass, and a first for Ilysova and Dalembert

I could get on board with this deal somewhat.  bring in a PF and Center for a PF and SG.  Doesn't make us great but fills in the frontcourt a little. 

Ilysova hasn't lit the world on fire this year and Sammy isn't seeing court time.  Lee and Bass are arguably a more productive duo this year.  Not feeling the need to throw in the pick but if we had to, make it a second rounder.  C's first rounder right now is a lottery pick and if the trade doesn't help, C's could realistically fall to the 9th worst record in the league going into the lottery.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

I don't see Ainge giving up on Lee for a short rental of Delambert, but they may need to roll the dice.

i have to believe that Udoh hold more value around the league than Lee.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:20:05 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I agree. The Bucks would want to move Gooden or Dalembert, not one of the key  pieces in the Bogut trade.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 03:24:19 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Dalembert's been racking up the DNP-CDs, falling behind Gooden and Przybilla in the rotation.

I like him as a target - a lot of similar skills to Birdman (shot-blocking, rebounding, finishing at the rim) only with a little more bulk, a little less quickness and a lot less legal baggage.

I'd like a Lee/Dalembert swap.

Move Wilcox into the starting line-up, bring out a Bass/Dalembert bench. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Udoh and Sanders are the one I would really consider.

Ilyasova won't help us on defense. He will rebound though. Goodwin is kind of the same. Sammy D is meh.

Sanders' value is at an all time high right now though, which brings us to Ekpe.

Good Lord is love him to play for us. I've seen him play here in the Bay and he's something that we need. While strength is an issue for him (most of the time hes physically outmatched) he still has this toughness and roughness with him that we could really use. Not shy of contact, challenges shots, rough and rugged and willing to battle for rebounds. While he won't score a lot, he still has a decent 15-18 foot jumper so he can be dangerous offensively.

I'd be willin to trade Bass and a first rounder (yes, a 1st) for him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 03:30:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The Bucks have a lot of useful pieces but the Celtics do not have pieces that are useful for the Bucks. Bad trading partner.

At least directly. A three team might be possible.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I agree. The Bucks would want to move Gooden or Dalembert, not one of the key  pieces in the Bogut trade.

That the Bucks want to move Gooden doesn't mean they can.

The Bucks have junk at the guard position besides two guys that are leaving in a few months, or sooner if they're traded. Lee would play major minutes there, and at his age is a tough type of player to attract to Milwaukee. See here:

http://www.brewhoop.com/2012/12/19/3784554/doron-lamb-and

Udoh is old for his rookie contract (25 year old), and at a position of depth for MIL. He's playing behind younger guys they clearly prefer. He's playing ~20 minutes per game with a PER of 12. He's averaging about 5 and 5.  You're overestimating his value.

Both guys are in log jams that hurt their minutes and contributions. Both guys benefit in terms of role by changing places.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)