Author Topic: Fan's reaction to the Jason Collins start  (Read 2071 times)

Fan's reaction to the Jason Collins start
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:26 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Not surprised we got that win actually.

IVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF COLLINS SINCE HIS ARRIVAL (note my pic lol) Collins is a ceritfied starter for this team. He is already great at Defence(remember KG vs Collins in the Semis? He did an amazing job), and now as we already know, playing beside KG will give him more of an upside. Yeah i know his stats didnt look so good, but give him time to adjust!

#StartJCollinsDoc
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: Fan's reaction to the Jason Collins start
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:19:17 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
it was the cavs without varejao, and pierce hit 80% of his shots and dropped 40.

players that had more rebounds than jason collins in this game: luke walton, jason terry, courtney lee, kyrie irving, dion waiters, rajon rondo, brandon bass, jared sullinger, paul pierce, kevin garnett, thompson, gee, miles.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:25:08 AM by lightspeed5 »

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:21:48 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Cleveland without varejao. Come on....

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:22:51 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
luke walton had more rebounds (and pts) than collins.

players that had more rebounds than jason collins in this game: luke walton, jason terry, courtney lee, kyrie irving, dion waiters, rajon rondo, brandon bass, jared sullinger, paul pierce, kevin garnett,tyler zeller,tristan thompson, gee, miles.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Give Collins some credit guys he played a nice game, he set some good screens and was always in the right spots
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:35 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
it was the cavs without varejao, and pierce hit 80% of his shots and dropped 40.

players that had more rebounds than jason collins in this game: luke walton, jason terry, courtney lee, kyrie irving, dion waiters, rajon rondo, brandon bass, jared sullinger, paul pierce, kevin garnett, thompson, gee, miles.

You stat watchers are funny. Well, seeing as that's all you care about Collins had the second best +/- +23 (PP +29)...

Like I said in another thread, if you only care about stats then you're not going to appreciate what Collins did (a guy who has been a DNP for most of the season and when he did play it was like 5mins a game)... AGAIN, his teammates know and appreciate it, they gave him the game ball even with PP's performance!

Everyone begs for Green who has played in EVERY game averaging like 20 mins... his stat line with 14mins of action? 3pts, 1rb, and a block all while being terrible defensively! Yea, Collins was bad  ::)
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:50:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You stat watchers are funny. Well, seeing as that's all you care about Collins had the second best +/- +23 (PP +29)...

Like I said in another thread, if you only care about stats then you're not going to appreciate what Collins did (a guy who has been a DNP for most of the season and when he did play it was like 5mins a game)... AGAIN, his teammates know and appreciate it, they gave him the game ball even with PP's performance!

Everyone begs for Green who has played in EVERY game averaging like 20 mins... his stat line with 14mins of action? 3pts, 1rb, and a block all while being terrible defensively! Yea, Collins was bad  ::)
+/- is a stat, but a lot of people seem to ignore it.  Green was a -17 in that game. 

I really like Collins' effort and toughness.  If Jeff Green had had Collins' heart he would be a star.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 08:07:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Love the fact that Doc finally went to a traditional lineup and started a defensive center... Hate that fact that the only guy we have to put in that role is Collins... Wish Darko didnt have personal troubles back home!

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:22:57 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Love the fact that Doc finally went to a traditional lineup and started a defensive center... Hate that fact that the only guy we have to put in that role is Collins... Wish Darko didnt have personal troubles back home!

ditto - My reaction exactly. 
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 07:12:08 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Not surprised we got that win actually.

IVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF COLLINS SINCE HIS ARRIVAL (note my pic lol) Collins is a ceritfied starter for this team. He is already great at Defence(remember KG vs Collins in the Semis? He did an amazing job), and now as we already know, playing beside KG will give him more of an upside. Yeah i know his stats didnt look so good, but give him time to adjust!

Collins is statistically the WORST defensive player on our team, and by a VERY large margin...it's not even close.

He's also the worst offensive player on our team.

He doesn't rebound.

When he uses his fouls (one of the few gifts he still has) he has a horrible tendancy to give up "and ones".

His turnover rate is retty mediocre as well.

The guy does nothing good aside from simply being tall and taking up space...it's not enough to make up for how much of a liabliity he is in every other aspect of the game right now. 

Give me a raw and turnover prove Fab Melo any day.  He'll give you at leas as much as Collins does plus at least he'd be potentially learning and developing at the same time.