Author Topic: Lebron rides a bicycle to and from home games  (Read 3966 times)

Re: Lebron rides a bicycle to and from home games
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Yeah, but suicides might actually affect you during the game. 
Because you're doing a lot more work, that's the whole point.  If you're not getting tired you're not conditioning right.

I didn't specifically mean that he should do it before games, just that it appears to be the time he likes to work out.  I personally wouldn't even ride a bike before a game and waste even THAT much energy.

My only point was that there are plenty of 20 minute activities that are more efficient and better for his conditioning than the 80 minute journey.  That's why I found it funny and ridiculous that he chose to do this to "help with his conditioning."  Maybe he's doing it for the relaxing scenery, but I have a tough time believing it's for anything other than the media.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

It's like taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Ya it doesn't make much of a difference, but every little bit helps and it's often part of a larger healthy mentality.

Say LeBron leaves 3:20pm to get to the gym at 4pm on his bike.  If he takes his car, he leaves at 3:50 and still gets there at 4pm.  So he’s not really getting there any sooner or later.  And he can still do suicides.  That could be 40 minutes less of personal time, you’re assuming he’s taking that 40 minutes out of conditioning/exercise time.   As someone who has done the walking/running/riding thing, I would imagine that’s coming mostly out of personal time.
This is freaking LeBron we're talking about, there's only one way to look at it.  Are we really supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing things for attention?

I could care less if he spends that time on personal stuff.   He wouldn't be what he is right now if he didn't already have one of the best health mentalities in the country.  There are plenty of better workouts for him that don't require him giving up his personal time, what's his advantage here?  Heck go shoot around for an extra 40 minutes, that's what Ray's doing.  Sorry, you guys can believe he's doing this to help his conditioning, I'm sticking with PR health.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Yeah, but suicides might actually affect you during the game. 
Because you're doing a lot more work, that's the whole point.  If you're not getting tired you're not conditioning right.

I didn't specifically mean that he should do it before games, just that it appears to be the time he likes to work out.  I personally wouldn't even ride a bike before a game and waste even THAT much energy.

My only point was that there are plenty of 20 minute activities that are more efficient and better for his conditioning than the 80 minute journey.  That's why I found it funny and ridiculous that he chose to do this to "help with his conditioning."  Maybe he's doing it for the relaxing scenery, but I have a tough time believing it's for anything other than the media.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

It's like taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Ya it doesn't make much of a difference, but every little bit helps and it's often part of a larger healthy mentality.

Say LeBron leaves 3:20pm to get to the gym at 4pm on his bike.  If he takes his car, he leaves at 3:50 and still gets there at 4pm.  So he’s not really getting there any sooner or later.  And he can still do suicides.  That could be 40 minutes less of personal time, you’re assuming he’s taking that 40 minutes out of conditioning/exercise time.   As someone who has done the walking/running/riding thing, I would imagine that’s coming mostly out of personal time.
This is freaking LeBron we're talking about, there's only one way to look at it.  Are we really supposed to give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to doing things for attention?

I could care less if he spends that time on personal stuff.   He wouldn't be what he is right now if he didn't already have one of the best health mentalities in the country.  There are plenty of better workouts for him that don't require him giving up his personal time, what's his advantage here?  Heck go shoot around for an extra 40 minutes, that's what Ray's doing.  Sorry, you guys can believe he's doing this to help his conditioning, I'm sticking with PR health.

I'm sticking with mental health.  I know from personal experience that bike riding is really good for that. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 11:51:25 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lebron has been riding bikes his whole life (it was how he got to parks to play pick up games as a kid).  He has also sponsored numerous charity bike rides and does them with children.  So yeah, it may be a PR thing, but he seems to genuinely like riding his bicycle and frankly is there anything wrong with a guy that talks about (and encourages others) to not ride in a car for an entire day on a day when he leaves the house multiple times (like Lebron did last week). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
so? I think it's cool actually. would you prefer if he drove a Mercedes or something? it shows some semblance of being a normal human being

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
For some reason seeing LeBron riding a bike through Miami sounds hilarious.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 12:25:29 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
th only negative thing any1 should bring up about this (if its true, consistently) is the potential risk/safety factor.

it clearly does not impede his game and production.

on that note, i hope the chain falls off ;)

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
th only negative thing any1 should bring up about this (if its true, consistently) is the potential risk/safety factor.

it clearly does not impede his game and production.

on that note, i hope the chain falls off ;)

He does have to watch out for angry fans of other teams putting a stick in his spokes. 

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:37 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
who the heck doesn't like riding a bike?

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Stars!! They're just like us!!

They ride bikes and they read!!

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Kudos to Lebron. I think that's awesome. I hope he wears a helmet.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Delonte used to ride his bike (not motorcycle) to Sonics games and practices. Lol he would sometimes just ride his bike home in his practice gear after practice. No shower, nothing. How crazy would it be to be walking down the street and see that?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 03:41:54 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Any chance that LeBron and his bike and Donte' Stallworth and his Bentley can meet somewhere on the MacArthur Causeway?

I'm guessing that LeBron lives on one of the islands between South Beach and the arena, or on South Beach in one of the luxury buildings at the end of the island, so the bike ride would be a relaxing way to get to a night game in the afternoon, instead in sitting in traffic.  It's a nice ride and IIRC there's a dedicated bike lane away from traffic for much of that trip. 

Biking home at 11 pm, not so much. Just dodging the homeless in Downtown Miami near the arena would be a challenge.  Then, there's the morons zipping down to the clubs on the beach. 

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2012, 03:58:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I bet Mario Chalmers pedals for him.

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 04:40:43 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I bet Mario Chalmers pedals for him.

Can't help but think of this:

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class