Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 32923 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #165 on: December 24, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Just out of curiosity who would you guys replace him with?

The problem with replacing Doc is that the main reason for it would be to shake up the team culture, something Pierce and Rondo would probably fight like mad and thereby prevent it from being successful.

Mike

« Reply #166 on: January 22, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Listening to Tommy in the postgame brought up two great points.

1)We should have tried playing a bigger player on Irving maybe Lee.

2) The coaching staff hasnt developed a goto scorer to help relieve the load of Pierce and Kg.

Tommy is spot on with this. Doc is a nonfactor for this team at the moment. If Irving is torching Rondo then switch it up.

Doc is not getting the job done. Time for Doc to go.

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Just out of curiosity who would you guys replace him with?

The problem with replacing Doc is that the main reason for it would be to shake up the team culture, something Pierce and Rondo would probably fight like mad and thereby prevent it from being successful.

Mike

I like the Coach for the NO Hornets . He'll be great one day.

« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2013, 10:12:45 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

2) The coaching staff hasnt developed a goto scorer to help relieve the load of Pierce and Kg.

Tommy is spot on with this. Doc is a nonfactor for this team at the moment. If Irving is torching Rondo then switch it up.

doc is a terrible offensive coach. he does not make them attack enough and we have no post up game. pathetic. I'll bet you a bazillion dollars behind the scenes tommy LOATHES doc rivers for his terrible coaching style on offense.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2013, 10:14:07 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Is Larry Bird available?
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Is Larry Bird available?
He only coaches teams that can win. And I can't see him taking orders from Danny.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2013, 10:44:46 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
I don't know if Doc needs to go, but to go off on your team like he did and then MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES THE NEXT GAME is inexcusable.  No changes to the starting line up.  No real changes to the rotation.  Nothing.  There's just no defense for that.

And what was the deal with Courtney Lee only getting 14 minutes last night?  Is that because he dared to actually show some aggression offensively?

Mike

« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I don't know if Doc needs to go, but to go off on your team like he did and then MAKE ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES THE NEXT GAME is inexcusable.  No changes to the starting line up.  No real changes to the rotation.  Nothing.  There's just no defense for that.

And what was the deal with Courtney Lee only getting 14 minutes last night?  Is that because he dared to actually show some aggression offensively?

Mike
Because the only cure for an underperforming team is making changes, right?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Is Larry Bird available?
As a player or coach?? Because I take him right now as either one!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

doc is a terrible offensive coach. he does not make them attack enough and we have no post up game. pathetic. I'll bet you a bazillion dollars behind the scenes tommy LOATHES doc rivers for his terrible coaching style on offense.

I was just about to say the same thing. I feel that Tommy does not see eye to eye with what Rivers is doing especially on the offensive end. I love Doc. He is a great role model/mentor and I think he really gains guys respect and can really control the locker room. However, his offensive coaching is pretty terrible.

« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Doc's never been a good coach.  His main skill seems to be placating veterans on the roster. 

I don't see him going anywhere but I strongly feel a decent coach would be able to adjust to the skills of his players to get the most out of his roster.  Doc doesn't do that.

I don't think Tommy loathes Doc but he's definitely from a different coaching philosophy (one with proven results from the C's of the mid-70's) that contrasts with how Doc coaches. 

« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:50 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Who going to replace him?? Phil jackson?? I say we keep him cause look at his past record with the Celtics. he knows this team better than anyone. He just dont have a legit big man!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2013, 11:01:03 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker

Mike

When you threaten to get rid of guys but then make NO CHANGES to either how they're being used or their playing time...what are you accomplishing?  How is that going to fix anything?  What was the point of that little rant?  Who was it directed at?  Because NOTHING Doc said had ANY affect on how he handled the team in the very next game.  Why should any of the players take Doc seriously?  How do any of them even know if they're the problem or what they're supposed to do about it?

Oh, wait.  We're talking about the Holy Doc, the most perfectest coach in the history of all sports.  My bad.

Mike

« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2013, 11:04:14 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
Who going to replace him??

Jeff Van Gundy, and he's not the only legitimate candidate.

Doc has one championship to his credit and he did that with a great team.  He hasn't won 2 or 3 or 9.  He didn't win big in Orlando and he didn't win big in Boston before KG and Ray showed up.  Doc's proven to be a good coach, but his reputation for coaching genius has been greatly exaggerated.

Mike

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2013, 11:05:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Mike

When you threaten to get rid of guys but then make NO CHANGES to either how they're being used or their playing time...what are you accomplishing?  How is that going to fix anything?  What was the point of that little rant?  Who was it directed at?  Because NOTHING Doc said had ANY affect on how he handled the team in the very next game.  Why should any of the players take Doc seriously?  How do any of them even know if they're the problem or what they're supposed to do about it?

Oh, wait.  We're talking about the Holy Doc, the most perfectest coach in the history of all sports.  My bad.

Mike
You threaten to get rid of guys because your roster stinks. Shuffling one underperforming player in for another will not change anything, and the players who actually do perform cannot play multiple positions at the same time.

A trade is imminent at this point, as soon as we find someone to take our junk, since it's quite evident that the pieces that we have are unable or unwilling to play their roles the way they should.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."