Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 32931 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #195 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
The team has good players but it doesn't have any balls.

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:41 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I'm starting to believe Doc is as good as his assistant coaches. All he is a personality manager in the locker room. The brains are the assistant coaches.

In hindsight, Ainge should have hired Tom Thibodeau, and let Doc go home like he was intending a few seasons ago. Now we are stuck with him.

« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Doc can't make shots for guys...

The Celtics played HARD tonight. The effort was consistently there. We just couldn't make a basket.

Boston is primarily a jump shooting team and no one could hit outside of Rondo and Pierce.

Our defense looked really good for most of the game. If we put forth that effort and intensity consistently then we will start winning games. Eventually these guys will start making shots.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:05 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'm starting to believe Doc is as good as his assistant coaches. All he is a personality manager in the locker room. The brains are the assistant coaches.

In hindsight, Ainge should have hired Tom Thibodeau, and let Doc go home like he was intending a few seasons ago. Now we are stuck with him.

Before the season started experts were predicting us to finish second in the East. This team is underachieving bigtime. Doc isn getting the job done.

« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I'm sure our players were throwing the ball in the stands, and passing open layups for ill-advised alley-oops under strict instructions from the bench.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2013, 11:03:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Before the season started experts were predicting us to finish second in the East. This team is underachieving bigtime. Doc isn getting the job done.
Right, it has nothing to do that half of the roster is playing like crap. It's Doc's fault, naturally. The players are spectacular.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
While doc is a terrible offensive coach i will DEFEND doc tonight!!!!!

I heard him from the bench tell these guys to ATTACK! after that, guess what? NOBODY DID IT! NOBODY DID WHAT DOC TOLD THEM. I am not blaming doc tonight. nope. I blame the players tonight.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I'm sure our players were throwing the ball in the stands, and passing open layups for ill-advised alley-oops under strict instructions from the bench.

Don't single out few plays. You know very well this team has underachieved big time. What is a team with 2 all stars (one budding superstar) and quality role players doing being below .500? Something gotta give.

« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

Right, it has nothing to do that half of the roster is playing like crap. It's Doc's fault, naturally. The players are spectacular.

You have to put players in a posistion to succeed. Doc isnt getting it done. The offense is too overcomplicated.

Jason Terrys confidence is completely gone and so is Barbosas. Leonardo was playing great to start the season and Doc has completely negated this.

What about posting up Jeff Green on mutiple possessions or running the offense inside/out through Sully. Tommy has been advocating for this almost nightly. The talent of this team has been marginalized by bad coaching. 

« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:02 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense

You have to put players in a posistion to succeed. Doc isnt getting it done. The offense is too overcomplicated.

Jason Terrys confidence is completely gone and so is Barbosas. Leonardo was playing great to start the season and Doc has completely negated this.

What about posting up Jeff Green on mutiple possessions or running the offense inside/out through Sully. Tommy has been advocating for this almost nightly. The talent of this team has been marginalized by bad coaching.

I have to admit, while I think Doc is a great coach and I trust him, I think the bulk of this Celtics squad has lost their faith in him. Doc is saying the right things, planning the right things and he knows this game inside and out - but a lot of the Celtics are just ignoring it. I don't get it, because players usually love Doc.

I could be wrong of course, it is easy to pick a target when thinking about where the problems lie, but if this team does still believe in Doc, I have no explanation for the play over the last several games.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Tonight you can blame Pierce more

But you can blame doc even more for letting him shoot as many he did in the 4th. Why isn't there plays for Jeff Green??

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2013, 01:15:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Tonight you can blame Pierce more

But you can blame doc even more for letting him shoot as many he did in the 4th. Why isn't there plays for Jeff Green??

In general he should be thinking on more plays for Green and sully unlesss...theyre not what he is going to have on playoffs  ???  ???
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:45 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

hmmmn, ya don't say? doc has his good nights(few and far between) but his offensive coaching is not good overall and terrible at times in how he uses his talent. nor is he consistent. he loves hammering a square peg into a round hole far too often.

Now again if they are not listening then players need to go. But I do not think it is just the players all this time. too large a sample size now. we will see what happens if KG and PP retire after this year. We will see if DA runs him off.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Don't single out few plays. You know very well this team has underachieved big time. What is a team with 2 all stars (one budding superstar) and quality role players doing being below .500? Something gotta give.

One budding superstar?  What?  Who?  Rondo?

The lineup has been decimated.  All the "We don't need Rondo" talk, well here is what happens.  Sure we can put together a stretch, but it won't last.  And we have zero depth in the front court to begin with, never mind when KG is injured.

But yeah this is all Doc's fault.  You nailed it.

Seriously, who is this "budding superstar"?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't understand how anyone can look at our roster, look at our injuries....and point to Doc.