Author Topic: Time for Doc to go.  (Read 32914 times)

Re: Time for Doc to go.
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2012, 10:48:38 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Obviously I wish Doc could be as good as Pop.

But Pop is a GOAT coach.

Doc is probably one of the best after Pop right now.

I don't agree with some of the things Doc does but don't think he should go. Just as I don't agree with some of the things Rondo does. I think Doc and this team will come together by playoffs.

« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2012, 02:08:53 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 717
"We sat around pre-season thinking we had this great, deep team. Well its deep with a bunch of random pieces with no cohesion. Oh, and our biggest problem? KG is our ONLY big man with an ounce of talent. Wilcox is a good back up, but its not enough."

i believe this is the main problem - this team was thrown together with very little plan or design by Danny Boy. plus, two of his biggest acquisitions the past couple of years are overrated players - Green & Lee. Jason Terry's style doesn't mesh with this team. most of all, we are getting killed inside. the team has not been the same since the Perkins trade. sorry to keep bringing this up but it's true.

Danny has continued to water down the defense by adding mediocre defensive players and it has finally caught up with this team. they are painful to watch right now.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2012, 07:07:34 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
what is a goat coach..? It would be good to bring melo in to try him, as  he seems to be doing very well in the D league. We brought steamer in, but in the beginning he was doing great, his shot was a very high %, which could spread the floor, he rebounded well, blocked a lot of shots, then...what happened....DOC benched him and kept his minutes low, pulled him every time he made a mistake....that is called KILLING someones confidence, maybe so he could then say "see, he doesn't have it" We have seen doc do this to many guys, pulls them when they get it working, why...maybe he is an oddball or a large ego.....he only wants the guys he thinks highly of to do good, and at the expense of the team, pulls the others till they lose their mojo.....it DOES happen in all aspects of life..this type of behavior...!

« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2012, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline Sec22

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
so since 2007 then.....so....still pop outshined doc...i know you like to discard all the surrounding FACTS.....makes it easier...huh..?

This thread is a little ridiculous, but while we're at it I'm wondering what FACTS you might be talking about. Doc has won more games since 2007 than Pop, and his teams have 2 Finals appearances and one ECF, while Pop's teams can't get out of the second round.

« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2012, 09:24:31 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
No....it's not time for Doc to go.   He goes, KG goes, Paul not far behind....just who do you think you'd replace him with?  Doc is not the problem...

« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2012, 10:16:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
No....it's not time for Doc to go.   He goes, KG goes, Paul not far behind....just who do you think you'd replace him with?  Doc is not the problem...

Agreed, we need Doc , to recruit, coddle the stars and keep keep Rondo happy.  I also think Doc is patient with the young guys like AB and FAB .

There is more UPSIDE to keeping Doc for sure than getting a new coach.  Losing Tonm T . was a huge blow to the Celtics....more than people think.

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2012, 11:22:54 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Doc's not the problem. 

We overachieved at the end of last season.  We shouldn't have made it out of the 2nd round. 

Our roster isn't significantly improved this year.  A coach change wouldn't make us any better.

yet you provide no rebuttal to the facts presented in this thread. I think most are not Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing about results but the process of which he uses. Definitely flawed. As well as his style.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Didn't we have this same conversation last year at this time?

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2012, 01:46:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

yes, yes we did

« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
This thread is a little ridiculous, but while we're at it I'm wondering what FACTS you might be talking about. Doc has won more games since 2007 than Pop, and his teams have 2 Finals appearances and one ECF, while Pop's teams can't get out of the second round.

This is the best post I read in this absolutely ridiculous thread, TP for you.

Doc is a great coach. End of discussion.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/doc-rivers-coach-players-most-want-to-play-for-stan-van-gundy-not-so-much/

« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2012, 01:44:50 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

This is the best post I read in this absolutely ridiculous thread, TP for you.

Doc is a great coach. End of discussion.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/doc-rivers-coach-players-most-want-to-play-for-stan-van-gundy-not-so-much/

Was KC Jones a great coach?  Is Vinny Del Negro?  How about Charles Woodson?  Mike D'Antoni?

When you look at his record, Doc is a good coach.  He's not a great one.

Mike

« Reply #161 on: December 24, 2012, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Jason Terry's style doesn't mesh with this team.

And that would be one of the things that prevents Doc from being a great coach.  When you're handed a player like Jason Terry or Nate Robinson, you need to get the most out of them, not confine them within a role that doesn't fit their talents.

Mike

« Reply #162 on: December 24, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

yes, yes we did

Last year at this time we were anxiously awaiting the XMas season opener with the Knicks  ;)

But yeah, I get your point.  Between this, the "LeBron's not getting called for fouls!" thread, DeMarcus Cousins having attitude problems, and a silly Kevin Love trade, we're pretty much rehashing the greatest hits of 2012.

...and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Merry Xmas Celticsblog!

« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I cannot believe that I wasted Thirty Three minutes of my precious life reading this thread. Merry Christmas and tomorrow will be the start of the real Celtics Season.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Was KC Jones a great coach?  Is Vinny Del Negro?  How about Charles Woodson?  Mike D'Antoni?

When you look at his record, Doc is a good coach.  He's not a great one.

Mike

Yes to KC Jones, no to the other 2...and I think Charles Woodson plays in the NFL. I'm not saying Doc is the best coach of all time. I'm saying he's top 3 in the NBA right now and easily the best coach for this team. Just out of curiosity who would you guys replace him with? The only person I'd consider from a "better than Doc" standpoint would be Jerry Sloan. I wouldn't consider making the move until the post-Pierce era but I have always really admired Sloan.