Author Topic: Had those trade deadline trades with KG and Pierce gone down, we would be better  (Read 710 times)

Offline rasta1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm going to support the C's no matter who we throw out on the floor

but had we actually landed Josh Smith, DeAndre Jordan, and Eric Bledsoe I would have been ecstatic

Bledsoe/Rondo/Bradley guard rotation would be phenomenal

This also makes one of them, Lee, Crawford, Terry expendable in the future

This lets us play Josh Smith and Jeff green at the 3/4 positions and a legitimate center down low

The team would be built up similarly to the Denver Nuggets right now

We would be a team with players who actually score in the paint and overall balanced out

With games with Garnett out, i realized he may not be the biggest driving force of our defense and honestly his offense...the 20 foot jump spots at the top of key makes me cringe as much as Rondo taking those last second 3s

Also pierce has turned into nothing more than a streak shooter now who can't get to line at will like he once could

Furthermore, the team could run and is built off of players who are all strong individual defenders

I know individual players on the team may have some liabilities but as a whole I feel like it could work together well

If only
PG: Rondo/Bledsoe
SG: Bradley/Bledsoe
SF: Green
PF: Smith/Sully
C: Jordan/Fab

All we would really need is a backup 3

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
With games with Garnett out, i realized he may not be the biggest driving force of our defense and honestly his offense...the 20 foot jump spots at the top of key makes me cringe as much as Rondo taking those last second 3s
We have lost the last two games without KG giving up 104 and 110 points.  How has that led you to the realization that KG is not important to our defense?

I think the Celtics were prepared to trade KG for Bledsoe and Jordan but the Clips wanted to give us something less.  And I am not sure Josh Smith for Pierce was ever on the table.

That said, I agree that if these trades could have been done, the resulting team would have been better this year than the current team with KG injured, and better off in the future, but not better than the current team if/when KG is healthy.