Author Topic: Role Play. I want you you to blow it up!!  (Read 3489 times)

Re: Role Play. I want you you to blow it up!!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I love that slam and chris in back to back picks say Bledsoe isn't getting moved while the other says he isn't enough for Pierce.  Probably means the trade is pretty fair. 

Minnesota wants Gasol.  They have been after him for awhile and have reportedly already offered Williams, Pekovic, and something (for salary).  Barea makes a lot of sense for both teams and is enough dollars, so I think that is a pretty reasonable trade.  Supposedly L.A. isn't all that interested in that deal because Pekovic is redundant to Howard, that is why I think Boston could maybe get in on it by adding Bradley, Lee, and Sullinger.  I could see Barea also going to L.A. and Boston just getting Pekovic.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
ha!
Blowing it up is the easy part. The hard part is rebuilding through years of lottery, almost lottery.
Just ask Danny Ainge...

Especially if we fired Ainge. Who would make all our good picks?!

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 02:44:14 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I love that slam and chris in back to back picks say Bledsoe isn't getting moved while the other says he isn't enough for Pierce.  Probably means the trade is pretty fair. 

Minnesota wants Gasol.  They have been after him for awhile and have reportedly already offered Williams, Pekovic, and something (for salary).  Barea makes a lot of sense for both teams and is enough dollars, so I think that is a pretty reasonable trade.  Supposedly L.A. isn't all that interested in that deal because Pekovic is redundant to Howard, that is why I think Boston could maybe get in on it by adding Bradley, Lee, and Sullinger.  I could see Barea also going to L.A. and Boston just getting Pekovic.

Well, I am right about Bledsoe ;) 

Seriously.  I think it is a very under the radar story (at least in the East), but Bledsoe has been spectacular this year, and given the rumors of Atlanta trying to bring together Paul and Howard, I just can't see them giving him up, unless they are getting another young star in return.

As for the Lakers/Wolves deal, I think there could be something there, but I just think a 4th team would be needed.  The Sully/Bradley/Lee combination just doesn't make sense for the Lakers.  Sully is a bad fit, and Lee and Bradley are a bit repetitive, and play the same position as their star. 

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Seriously.  I think it is a very under the radar story (at least in the East), but Bledsoe has been spectacular this year, and given the rumors of Atlanta trying to bring together Paul and Howard, I just can't see them giving him up, unless they are getting another young star in return.

As for the Lakers/Wolves deal, I think there could be something there, but I just think a 4th team would be needed.  The Sully/Bradley/Lee combination just doesn't make sense for the Lakers.  Sully is a bad fit, and Lee and Bradley are a bit repetitive, and play the same position as their star.

Wow, Bledsoe's numbers are incredible. I knew they were very good earlier in the season but he has kept it up. Maybe even improved them. A much improved scorer to go along with his high level possession creation and defensive ability.

I haven't seen much of the Clippers yet this season. I don't particularly like their team or how they play. But I'll have to watch some more of their games to see Bledsoe. 

The Clippers numbers as a team are very impressive also. They are right up there with Miami and Oklahoma on points per possession differential.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I would do what it looks to me like aing is trying to do. Build an athletic team that can run with rondo. I have said before that i see the post PP/KG years as a team that can and should be modeled after the 2004 Nets. Rondo is the key after that AB looks to be a very nice fit at 2. Then it gets interesting. On paper Jeff Green is a great fir at the SF he just needs to play up to his potential. He needs to be a 16pt 5rb 30%+ 3pt shooting SF who is also solid on D. If he can do that we have 3 positions covered.

Now the hard part this team currently has 2 PFs. Bass is really not a starting talent. He is solid but not good enough to start on a non-star studded playoff team. Sully has the potential but his lack of athletism and D scares me. But lets say Sully develops into a Carlos Bozzer or poor mans Z-BO 12pts 9rb guy who can be serviceable as a team defender. If he cant my logical and at least realistically attainable target is Milsap.

Now on to the Center. If sully is the PF the center has to be long athletic and a defensive force. A tyson chandler type. Milsap's increased mobility makes this player slightly less important. Meaning we can win witha a B+ defender instead of an A+ guy. This where I see no clear answers. Maybe Robin Lopez? Maybe Melo develops? not sure

For the bench i would look to fill 3 roles..

1. 2/3 scorer, figure AB can spell rondo at point. This is where bench gets its offence. Maybe a Nick Young type player?

2. Stretch 4, a guy who can come in and hit shots and let us play some small ball. Kyle Singler?

3. A 4/5, rounded post player a possible role for Bass if still with team. Or Sully if he doesn't develop like we hope. A great role also to add an aged vet. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I had a blow it up idea about an hour ago and I figured I'd share. This is for a mid-season blow up.

You start by trading KG. He will have to okay any trade of course so I figured we try to trade him to Oklahoma City. A package of Perkins/Lamb/PJIII coming to Boston for Garnett going to OKC. This likely puts the Thunder over the hump this year and gives them the odds for winning it all in the summer.

The other trade I had in mind was Garnett to the Spurs for Splitter/Green/Leonard. Not sure if Garnett and Duncan would play together but it would be a scary tandem of old guys for sure. Leonard would be a very nice piece to build with and Green has a nice shooting touch.

Then comes Pierce. Rumor has it Pierce veto'd a trade last season to the Nets. If he consents I move him where ever he wants to go for whatever young assets or picks they are willing to part with. Other than that I think the plan is the not pick up his option for next season. I'd be very happy getting a high first rounder like the Nets were offering last season.

That takes almonst 30M off the books. Then the biggest move. We trade Rondo for a package of young(er) talent. Examples include:

Cousins/Evans
Walker/Kidd-Gilchrist
Lawson/Faried/Fournier
Knight/Drummond
Jennings/Sanders
Holiday/Turner
Wall/Beal

The idea is to turn Rondo's high level of play into either young talent or high draft picks. I'd hope for both.

The last component of the rebuild is moving JET. He gets to go where he wants. Don't know exactly where he'd fit but a team like Indiana might like a guy who can close quarters well. Really it's up to him and he, like Pierce, can go where he pleases.

I'd keep Green and Lee while trying to move Bass.

Bradley/Lee/Green/Sully/Melo could be a starting unit next season if Melo progresses nicely. That is without any of the assets we get for moving our 4 veterans/stars.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The other idea I had was to do a blockbuster with OKC. Move Rondo/KG/Lee for Westbrook/Perkins/Lamb/PJIII. Not sure that would happen this year but if neither team wins it all this year the off-season might make sense. I seriously cannot imagine how many assists Rondo would average playing with Durant. There isn't a place on the floor he can't make a shot from.

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

No, I'm right   ;)

I understand he's improved this year but this guy is not in his second year.  he'd need to put up the improved numbers for a while and they're not  PP's numbers.  Odom and the pick are still low value.  add in that Bledsoe isn't a SF and I just don't see the appeal