Author Topic: Role Play. I want you you to blow it up!!  (Read 3486 times)

Role Play. I want you you to blow it up!!
« on: December 18, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The roster I mean. I am Wyc am I am going to Fire Danny and hire you based on your blueprint of rebuilding. I as the owner am willing to stink for three years and then I want to see signs that we are headed back to the playoffs or your fired as well.
 So trade anyone and everything you want. Get rid of these huge contracts and get some young talent. Lets go!

Re: Role Play. I want you you to blow it up!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Totally rebuilding this roster within three years can't be done.  It be either a half-rebuild around Rondo while keeping Pierce and Garnett, or a total dismantle which would entail at least 4-5 years of mediocrity before the team really got anywhere.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

It can't be done! Your fired!! Who's next!

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 11:20:38 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Blow it up? Without looking at the $, I trade Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, to New Orleans for Eric Gordon and  Grevis Vasquez. Then I see if Courtney Lee, Fab Melo, and Brandon Bass gets us Spencer Hawes. Then I resign Dionte Christmas (can we even do that?)

Rondo/Vasquez/Terry
Gordon/Terry/Christmas
Pierce/Vet Min
KG/Wilcox/Sullinger
Hawes/KG/Wilcox/Collins

That's the best I can do without trade machine.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This is a huge mess .   The Celtic 's are bailing water fast as they can , but its a fast sinking ship.

THe Celtic boat is almost under water , can anybody save it or is it just better this Celtic group goes to the bottom and 5 years latter a NEW group arises.
 ;D

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 11:44:56 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

It can't be done! Your fired!! Who's next!

haha that was funny.  i kind of had one of those snort laughs there.  tp for you on a dismal night for the C's.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:17 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

It can't be done! Your fired!! Who's next!.

Try decaf.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 01:48:51 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As bad as a perception as it would create, I might look into trading Terry.  He, himself, is not really "the" problem.  In fact, Terry is probably not even a top 5 problem, alone.  He does have value though.

A trade involving some combo of Terry, Green, Bass and Sully might fetch us something decent. Probably would need to ditch 3 of them, at least.  If it brought a solid big, I would do it at this point.

This roster is flawed, in that, the pieces just don't fit.  Too many redundant parts, and not enough interior strength.  Pierce and KG ply slow, half-court, defensive basketball. Either accentuate them, or  go another direction.  It's not a knock against Rondo, but if he is to succeed (with PP/KG) he needs a well built team.  Not this mess.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47

The roster I mean. I am Wyc am I am going to Fire Danny and hire you based on your blueprint of rebuilding. I as the owner am willing to stink for three years and then I want to see signs that we are headed back to the playoffs or your fired as well.
 So trade anyone and everything you want. Get rid of these huge contracts and get some young talent. Lets go!

just throwing stuff around:

i definitely wait until the trading deadline, when teams really want to make a playoff push, and my veterans are at a premium. there are various ways to put a team together, but right now in december looking to feburary i would go...

pierce to minnesotta for kirilenko and derrick williams

avery bradley, fab melo, and jeff green to sacramento for demarcus cousins and tyreke evans (sac are dumb enough to do this deal)

i ask KG if he wants to get traded somewhere to compete for a championship other than languish in boston then trade him to a playoff team... personally i'd love utah as a trading partner so it would be -
KG for milsap and kanter or something like that. KG to philly for bynum would work, but i wouldnt do that to him :)

4.  I trade jason terry and bass probably seperately to a playoff team who will give me aa 1st rounder or a nice young piece.

eg: jason terry at the trade deadline to memphis for tony allen, josh selby and tony wroten. or both jason terry and bass to milwaukee bucks for dalembert, tobias harris, and a 1st rounder.

5.  of course if the sacramento trade doesnt go through i try to trade jeff green to milwaukee for dalembert and tobias harris... would milwaukee do it? i dont know...

6.  i hold onto rondo until the deadline for his extension, and then i trade him for a bunch of picks and young, but good players (like okc did with harden - they should have traded westbrook instead though, just btw)

7. i hold onto barbosa until july and then do a sign and trade ala big baby davis for bass... because he'll probably net more then than now. same for wilcox... but if wilcox or barbosa want to stay as veteran leaders for the right price, thats cool.

so one version of it would be:

pg - rondo/selby
sg - evans/allen/wroten
sf - kirilenko/williams
pf - milsap/sullinger
c - cousins/kanter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:31:43 AM by jyyzzoel »

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 04:33:07 AM »

Offline dunisho

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
hmmm...

pierce has to go along with courtney lee... to atlanta for josh smith and devin harris... atlanta would not want to lose smith and harris to free agency without getting anything in return... josh smith will surely sign an extension as he would love to play alongside rondo... we can let harris go or make him the backup point...

jeff green and bradley goes to portland for batum...

terry for reddick...

bass to miami for joel anthony and shane battier...

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 03:58:32 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
The funny thing is that the only thing you have to do to make this team competitive is make peace with trading Pierce. Moving his contract alone put us under the salary cap and he's a huge expiring deal next year so he'll have (some) value in a trade this year and a lot of value next year. He's also still a pretty proficient player at this point in his career so even contenders would be interested. Their mindset would be "stay competitive while clearing next year's cap space". This is important because Pierce can sort of call the shots on any trade, as has been reported.

I want to state for those of you who have your pitchforks ready that I'm not for trading Pierce BUT if you were to move him here are some possible destinations:

Chicago: They are gonna have cap problems soon. They'd like to keep Deng and Noah and shed Boozer. Would they part with Taj Gibson and a 1st to get rid of Boozer? They would have to take Bass as part of the trade too but to move Boozer they might be interested.

Utah: There have been Jazz rumors/ideas since the season began. With Pierce in the mix you can probably push to get both Millsap and Jefferson. They would probably ask for Bradley and Sully. I'd try to keep Bradley. They don't especially need the cap space and getting Sullinger and a pick or two for guys who are walking anyway might be worth their while. How many of you could say no to a Pierce/Bass/Sully for Jefferson/Millsap trade? Probably quite a few :)

Memphis: I'm actually not sure if Memphis is looking to move Randolph or Gay anymore. They used to be but since they've been winning I'm not so sure. I'd take either in a Pierce trade but obviously I'd prefer Gay. Probably a long shot and they'd want a lot of picks/young guys. This one was just wishful thinking.

To make our team better we'd have to move young pieces/picks with Pierce but we could actually move Pierce and stay competitive this year while rebuilding. He's a very valuable expiring next year and we have young guys and picks to try to make a run at an unhappy star.

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I go into full bore rebuilding right now

First trade
Pierce for Bledsoe, Odom, and LAC #1

Second trade
Rondo, Bass, LAC #1 for Evans, Cousins, and Garcia

Third trade
Pekovic and Barea to Boston
Gasol to Minny
Williams, Bradley, Sullinger, and Lee to L.A.

My new team
PG - Bledsoe/Barea/Barbosa
SG - Evans/Terry
SF - Green/Garcia/Joseph
PF - Garnett/Bass/Odom
C - Cousins/Pekovic/Wilcox/Collins/Melo
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 12:59:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

First trade

Second trade

Third trade
Gasol to Minny

My new team
PG - Bledsoe/Barea/Barbosa
SG - Evans/Terry
SF - Green/Garcia/Joseph
PF - Garnett/Bass/Odom
C - Cousins/Pekovic/Wilcox/Collins/Melo
you traded Bass already.

First trade isn't enough for PP.  Clips pick will be mid-20's and Odom is a shell of himself.  Bledsoe is a bench player at best.

Second trade, Sac would have to think they can't do any better for a package of Evans and Cousins.  I don't think they're that foolish, even for Rondo.

Third trade -- what's in it for Minny?  Moving the best center they've had in a while along with their other trade pieces for a declining Gasol?  They've finally got a team on the rise with Love, Rubio, Barea and Pekovic. 

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 01:11:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

First trade

LA isn't giving up Bledsoe.  He is perhaps the most improved player in the NBA this year, and is their insurance in case CP3 walks this summer.  Next!

Second trade

OK, this is probably realistic (not sure I would do it though)

Third trade
Gasol to Minny

Why wouldn't LA want Pekovic and Barea over Sully, Bradley, and Lee?  I just don't see LA doing that.  Maybe bring in the 4th team?

Anyways, I just hate this type of activity, because we really have no idea what it would actually take to make any of these deals happen.

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 01:41:33 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
ha!
Blowing it up is the easy part. The hard part is rebuilding through years of lottery, almost lottery.
Just ask Danny Ainge...
Celtics fan for life.