Author Topic: I am really worried now.  (Read 5922 times)

Re: I am really worried now.
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 858
This is what I posted a couple of weeks ago as part of a somewhat similar thread:

I am actually concerned.  Both Pierce and KG look old to me so far this year and I feel they are the key to the team.  Yeah, it's early, yeah, we get Bradley back soon, yeah, a trade for some beef would help, so I recognize a lot can still happen.

With PP and KG, they are both playing well and it is not that they have fallen off a cliff or anyting but I am seeing enough shadows of father time to be concerned.

With Pierce for example it is turnovers.  It seems there are just more plays that end up with a sloppy pass where he just can't make the play he wants to.  With KG, I see it with his one on one defense.  He is really limited side to side.  Both guys are warriors and if healthy will likely elevate some for the playoffs so I am not concerned to the point of blow it up but I am concerned.

I go based more on what I see on the court than stats or what happened last year.  There is going to come a time when KG and PP will go to "flip the switch" and it just isn't going to be there.  I remain concerned. 

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
All is not lost.  KG sits we lose.  He needs Help from a younger center who can play as many minutes as doc can throw at him, just like spliter does for TIm Duncan.

We need a SPLITTER or ASIK , quality Center to help and everybody else will pick up. 

Until Danny trades who ever , for a CENTER, this team will stay average at best.
We have lots of GOOD players , but no energy young stars , except Rondo , AB and Sully and Joseph.

Can't play ball without some really good big men.

signed,

The Miami Heat
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I am not worried for a few reasons.

1) it's December
2) KG is playing like a DPY
3) Rondo is hitting jump shots

Be patient, building chemistry takes time & most of our rotation guys are new.  The defense is starting to come along.  Lee and Green have shown flashes, but still haven't quite settled into a role.  I still expect Fab Melo to fall out of the sky later this season just as Steimsma did last year.  He's a better rim protector than anyone in all these lame trade threads.   

The talent is there, the defensive system is there & so is the confidence.  Guys like Pierce, KG, Rondo & Terry thrive in 7 game series.  Right now, its the time of year to coast, ya'll should know that. 

Sure, Miami is scary.  But outside of them, we have as good of shot as anyone to go to the ECF. 

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
I am not worried for a few reasons.

1) it's December
2) KG is playing like a DPY
3) Rondo is hitting jump shots

Be patient, building chemistry takes time & most of our rotation guys are new.  The defense is starting to come along.  Lee and Green have shown flashes, but still haven't quite settled into a role.  I still expect Fab Melo to fall out of the sky later this season just as Steimsma did last year.  He's a better rim protector than anyone in all these lame trade threads.   

The talent is there, the defensive system is there & so is the confidence.  Guys like Pierce, KG, Rondo & Terry thrive in 7 game series.  Right now, its the time of year to coast, ya'll should know that. 

Sure, Miami is scary.  But outside of them, we have as good of shot as anyone to go to the ECF.

The 2010 lakers and 2012 Miami Heat disagree with your 7 game series claims.

I told everyone here the Knickerbockers would be good this year. well, well, what do we have here? right now, we would be destroyed by the heat or knicks in 4 straight. How long will it take for this team to awake from their COMATOSE state?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 06:46:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I still think the knicks will crumble.

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I just looked at the schedule and I think an argument can be made that we could lose 8/9 of the next 10 games.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 12:45:09 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I just looked at the schedule and I think an argument can be made that we could lose 8/9 of the next 10 games.

Yeah, that's a tough stretch.  8 of the next 9 are against winning teams.  6 are on the road.  The upcoming home game against the Bucks is a big game.  On paper, that's one of the most winnable ones.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 07:59:51 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
For starters, Jason Terry has been awful. Has not fit in at all here. Frankly another questionable signing by Danny Ainge. For a guy who drafts so well, his free agent signings leave much to be desired.

Terry has been our 4th best player after Rondo, KG and Pierce.

He's been consistently averaging double figures over the entire season, and outside of the above three guys he's the only player on our team who can make that claim.

Green WAS averaging double figures a game or two ago, but he has one though parts of the season where his average was about 6 PPG.  He'll average 5 in one 5 game stretch and then 15 in another 5 game stretch.   

Terry is certainly not our problem.  Our problems are:

1. Bass - he's playing like he wants a one way ticket to the D league

2. Lee - he can't score to save his life, plays defense in spots and turns the ball over faster than a beached whale turns over sand. 

3. Collins - he's totally useless

4. Green - whe's productive in spots, we need more consistency from him

5. Barbosa - who?  He's been invisible for about 2 months now