Author Topic: Is anyone thoroughly disappointed with danny?  (Read 9438 times)

Is anyone thoroughly disappointed with danny?
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »

Offline jyyzzoel

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
for signing jeff green more than anything else, or is it just me? 

i just need to know im not alone in this   :)

Re: Is anyone thoroughly disappointed with danny?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't think signing Jeff Green was a mistake, and the dollar number doesn't bother me because it's not my money and it didn't prevent us from signing anybody else.

I don't really blame Danny because on paper, coming into this season, I thought we had a really great team.  I was excited about taking the same basic core starting lineup from last season which was so effective in the second half and bolstering them with a stronger, deeper supporting cast.

So far, they've woefully underperformed and look terribly mismatched. 

If anybody is to blame for this, I think it's probably Doc.  But Doc has done enough over the last 5+ years to get the benefit of the doubt.

So really I'm just totally at a loss with this group right now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:44:31 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Danny blew it massively signing both Green and Terry. They have been positively awful.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:04 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
up until this game, Green has averaged around 13ppg the past few games.

IMO its kind of hard to dump on him when he only played 10minutes...its hard for ANY NBA player to make an impact in so few minutes.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

no, I have no problem with him signing Green.  the contract was excessive but signing him was the right move.

I'm more disappointed in Doc in that he can't get better results with this roster.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:49:10 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't think signing Jeff Green was a mistake, and the dollar number doesn't bother me because it's not my money and it didn't prevent us from signing anybody else.

I don't really blame Danny because on paper, coming into this season, I thought we had a really great team.  I was excited about taking the same basic core starting lineup from last season which was so effective in the second half and bolstering them with a stronger, deeper supporting cast.

If anybody is to blame for this, I think it's probably Doc.  But Doc has done enough over the last 5+ years to get the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think Doc deserves the benefit of the doubt, at all.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:52:11 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
woulda rather had Jamal Crawford instead of Terry mainly cuz of size Terry's defense is worse then expected nd Crawford is leadin da Clippers in scorin smh

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 10:52:30 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I'll be disappointed if he doesn't make a move for a true rebounding big man. If we get a good rebounder without giving up AB then this team will be in business. If we could get Gortat and go with.

Rondo/Terry/Barbosa
AB/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Joeseph
KG/Bass/Green
Gortat/KG/Collins.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:31 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
woulda rather had Jamal Crawford instead of Terry mainly cuz of size Terry's defense is worse then expected nd Crawford is leadin da Clippers in scorin smh

Yup. At first I was on board with Terry (and C Lee.) Now, it's looking like the Celtics offseason acquisitions were a total failure.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Yeah I even called for him to potentially being fired already. The lack of rebounding over the last four years. And the fact that we had to count on Darko to make an impact. As we have no quality big man at all other than Kevin. He's the only good player we have over 6'8"  You can't win in the NBA with one really tall guy. And that old guy  is thirty six.

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55

With what he had to work with, I think Danny has done quite well in the offseason.. Doc just couldn't make it work!

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I've been thoroughly disappointed in Danny for quite a while now, but it seems I'm the only one with that sentiment so I don't say much about it.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'll wait until after the trade deadline to really evaluate Dany's Job for this season...

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 11:20:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Absolutely. Danny actually had a pretty good offseason given our limited options, and then we sign Jeff for 4 years at $36m... Worst deal of the summer.

I've been one of Jeff's biggest defenders this season. I really thought, "this guy went through a life threatening event. The game he loves to play was almost taken from him. Its gonna light a fire under him and he's gonna be a different player." But no. Same Jeff as always. Except now, he's overpaid.

Did I mention we're committed to him for 4 years? At 36m? Ugh.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
AB will help and we won't lose all the NEXT 10 games... ;D

but serious ...this teams stars are too old to carry the load , they are alot of fun to watch , but losen gets old too. 

We need some serious talented younger BIG to go with ROndo and AB , if you really truely want to complete.

What else can Danny do now?   

Not sure...but he better think of it quick....or this team will be looking a horrible record .

Wow the pressure is on DANNY ...Celtic nation is waiting  ...give us a plan ..