Author Topic: Danny Has Made His Bed  (Read 4988 times)

Re: Danny Has Made His Bed
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Doc is scared to yell at people and bench them , and start other people instead.

I'd sit LEE down on the END OF THE BENCH and put in Joseph.

I would Bench Pierce , for be old and slow and make Green earn is money , by starting and playing about 35 minutes a game to whip him into shape.

I would play Barbosa every time ROndo walks the ball up court , ROndo sits.

They would hate me , but I wouldn't care.

You sound like PJ Carlesimo. That type of coach doesn't work with todays players.

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:26 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Doc is scared to yell at people and bench them , and start other people instead.

I would Bench Pierce , for be old and slow and make Green earn is money , by starting and playing about 35 minutes a game to whip him into shape.

You sound like PJ Carlesimo. That type of coach doesn't work with todays players.

It didn't work too well when he was a HC either, getting choked by one of his players.

Doc did this when it didn't matter; he sat Pierce for a while once in the trash years for walking up the court.  No yelling, etc., very businesslike, as it should be. 

He wouldn't do that now.

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Great post by PhoSita!! But I knew we was in trouble when the C's didnt get a quality big man in the offseason..Think this team was going to win with Wilcox, Collins, Darko, and Fab at center>>Cmon man!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
double post
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 12:01:18 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

There are only around 10 players in the league you consider trading Rondo for and none of them are on the market right now. No trade.

I disagree strongly. If you consider projects and draft picks, there are quite a lot of reasonable packages I would trade Rondo for.

If we´re not contending, we are rebuilding, and what exactly is Rondo doing here, then?

If we are rebuilding Rondo is the guy to keep. You dont trade the best point guard in the league who is only 26, and hasnt hit his prime yet. You would get rid of the Garnetts and the Pierces of the world and let Rondo lead the young team.

- Rondo will turn 27 in 2 months

- Why should he waste his time on a rebuilding team, and

- what exactly do we need him for, then?

- Rondo is not the best PG in the league, he´s barely top 5, and most of his competition is younger than him and will most likely surpass him soon enough
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

It didn't work too well when he was a HC either, getting choked by one of his players.

Doc did this when it didn't matter; he sat Pierce for a while once in the trash years for walking up the court.  No yelling, etc., very businesslike, as it should be. 

He wouldn't do that now.

Big deal , the point is  Doc has no nads .  You don't reward people for playin bad on purpose .   Bench em or trade.  Turning your head is looking the other way or lying to yourself and everybody about a problem is no solution.

Come on Doc put on the big boy pants right the ship.

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I respect that Danny committed to a plan -- "win now" -- and went all in.

Ditto. And I don't find this record particularly alarming - save this team's inability to play competent defense.

I do suspect that a major move is going to be required to change that, and I do suspect that it may require moving the cherished Avery Bradley to accomplish - in a month.

Time for Danny to kick the tires on everything. If Kevin Love can be had, Minny can, in a month, have Bradley, Green and all the draft choices we can muster.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 12:27:40 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Ditto. And I don't find this record particularly alarming - save this team's inability to play competent defense.

I do suspect that a major move is going to be required to change that, and I do suspect that it may require moving the cherished Avery Bradley to accomplish - in a month.

Time for Danny to kick the tires on everything. If Kevin Love can be had, Minny can, in a month, have Bradley, Green and all the draft choices we can muster.

I just wish he had done that every season after the first title and didn't worry so much about "balancing"

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

There are only around 10 players in the league you consider trading Rondo for and none of them are on the market right now. No trade.

I disagree strongly. If you consider projects and draft picks, there are quite a lot of reasonable packages I would trade Rondo for.

If we´re not contending, we are rebuilding, and what exactly is Rondo doing here, then?

Why would we trade Rondo for a project that may or may not pan out? Why make any of the roster moves that we did if we're then going to downgrade our talent level to take a flier or two on young players and picks?

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Rondo pushes the ball up court every time we have decent numbers. Maybe you should sit the other players for not beating their men up court, if they did Rondo would run the ball more often.

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 01:23:41 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Rondo pushes the ball up court every time we have decent numbers.

It's true that Rondo usually has no one running with him, but that doesn't explain why he slowly walks the ball up the court in non-fastbreaks.  When Boston is taking the ball out in any static situation, Rondo usually takes at least 6 seconds to get across halfcourt.  Then it takes another 2 to 3 seconds to get the play underway.  So, Boston usually wastes a third or more of the shot clock on normal possessions.  I know that getting up the floor a second or two sooner doesn't seem like much, but even a slightly increased pace can have a big affect over the course of a game.

Mike

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

He wouldn't do that now.

Big deal , the point is  Doc has no nads .  You don't reward people for playin bad on purpose .   Bench em or trade.  Turning your head is looking the other way or lying to yourself and everybody about a problem is no solution.

Come on Doc put on the big boy pants right the ship.

looking that way definitely
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 01:31:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Me too.  And now, he has his work cut out for him to either see it through, or change course midstream.  I don't envy his job.

Hard not to see it through with KG having a No Trade Clause.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Rondo pushes the ball up court every time we have decent numbers.

It's true that Rondo usually has no one running with him, but that doesn't explain why he slowly walks the ball up the court in non-fastbreaks.  When Boston is taking the ball out in any static situation, Rondo usually takes at least 6 seconds to get across halfcourt.  Then it takes another 2 to 3 seconds to get the play underway.  So, Boston usually wastes a third or more of the shot clock on normal possessions.  I know that getting up the floor a second or two sooner doesn't seem like much, but even a slightly increased pace can have a big affect over the course of a game.

Mike

I don't think it's necessarily true that the Celts want to play at a faster pace.

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 01:44:40 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

Me too.  And now, he has his work cut out for him to either see it through, or change course midstream.  I don't envy his job.

Hard not to see it through with KG having a No Trade Clause.

bottom line is this keep striving for the win now this year. If it does not work out then Danny can blow this whole thing to kingdome come including rondo and start over from scratch. However, there is only a small handful of guys who are realistically not tradeable this year if we are going all in, rondo, JET, PP and KG. That is it. everyone else is tradeable. trade as many of those guys as needed to get what we need to win now and maybe next year also.

I have come to accept the fact i like bass, sully, green , bradley, etc that any number of them could be gone.....whatever it takes. give it a try...why not? KG and PP are not playing but 1 or 2 more years anyway. go all out to win this year and next year if it does not work out blow the whole thing up as soon as Danny sees fit. Could be this year after trades if thinjgs are not working out or it could be two years from now after we win title 18 and JET, KG and PP retire. we'll see.
LET'S GO CELTICS!