Author Topic: Doc's strange rotations tonight  (Read 3397 times)

Re: Doc's strange rotations tonight
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
FYI, Green played 20 minutes tonight, was a sizzling 1-6 from the field, and grabbed a HUGE defensive rebound. He is missing in action again.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Ultimately, the Celtics' "dephth" is their flaw.  Too many role players dependent on meaningful minutes in order to be in the flow.

Bass, Green, Terry and even Lee need 25-30 minutes every night to be in the flow.  None of them are playing spectacular, and definitely not consistently.  Players like these need minutes to come out of a slump, but get their minutes cut instead.

It's the double-edged sword that is "depth".

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2013, 12:22:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I hope everyone now sees that Phil Jacskon winning chips with talent was not as easy as folks think it was. It takes an exceptional coach to coach a team stacked with talent.

Doc Rivers is not a very good coach, he does not know how to make in-game adjustments at all. The only good adjustments he makes are those forced on him. I still believe he lucked into the 2008 chip.

Now, a lot is said about him being a players coach, I dont think that is altogether a good thing. These players need a coach that is going to light them up and not always be their friend.

This post will be very appropriate for today...

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2013, 12:44:49 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
doc needs to bench paul, he just can't do it

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 01:10:14 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I hope everyone now sees that Phil Jacskon winning chips with talent was not as easy as folks think it was. It takes an exceptional coach to coach a team stacked with talent.

Doc Rivers is not a very good coach, he does not know how to make in-game adjustments at all. The only good adjustments he makes are those forced on him. I still believe he lucked into the 2008 chip.

Now, a lot is said about him being a players coach, I dont think that is altogether a good thing. These players need a coach that is going to light them up and not always be their friend.

This post will be very appropriate for today...

Phil Jackson had a bit more talent than a couple of past-their-prime ex-stars and a moody point guard. He had possibly the greatest player ever (MJ), possibly the most dominant big man ever (Shaq), plus Kobe and Pippen, not to mention all the solid role players such as Horace Grant, Steve Kerr, and Robert Horry.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:30 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
We are marketing KG PP and RR for a February trade.
The beatings will continue until morale improves