Author Topic: Doc's strange rotations tonight  (Read 3402 times)

Doc's strange rotations tonight
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
one thing I just didnt get.

1. jeff Green played a whopping 10minutes...for someone who's play has been on the upswing as of late, why is he getting so few minutes?

2. two shots for jason terry...for one of our best scorers they certainly didnt get him involved in the game.

this wouldve been a game to utilize the Pierce/Green frontcourt.

all of Docs rotations tonight were pretty screwey IMO

Re: Doc's strange rotations tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
The only qualms I have about Doc is fatal attraction to small ball. Even that I give him a pass, this team options are limited in terms of their bigs. I'd love to see Pierce and Green on the wing more. But Doc is playing the cards he has been dealt small guards, and small bigs.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I feel a trade coming..  I noticed it as well.. We need to make a move

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
The only qualms I have about Doc is fatal attraction to small ball. Even that I give him a pass, this team options are limited in terms of their bigs. I'd love to see Pierce and Green on the wing more. But Doc is playing the cards he has been dealt small guards, and small bigs.

ya, but why only give green 10minutes? the last few games when given 20+ he has played solid

I dont think Green is the type of player you can throw out there for 10minutes and expect to make an impact. There was a mismatch of Green/Belinelli that they didnt use at all

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Jet played 22 minutes and took two shots. Why was he brought in again? It certainly wasn't to play defense.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:32:48 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Green needs more minutes to be effective.  Really any NBA player needs more than 10 min to be effective.  We aren't utilizing Green very well right now.  But then again, our team as a whole as well as the coaching is stinking up the place.

I hope DA & Doc have some plans in store to improve the team, because this has been painful the last few weeks.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:33 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

ya, but why only give green 10minutes? the last few games when given 20+ he has played solid

I dont think Green is the type of player you can throw out there for 10minutes and expect to make an impact

Sadly Jeff Green isn't a difference maker. An all around average player who excels at nothing. Also Pierce>Green by miles. Terry and Lee occupy shooting position. That could explain why his minutes are down. Doc could experiment starting Green. Try to get him going early before he disappears.

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 10:38:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The team has no identity right now and Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett are the only guys who regularly have a pulse and seem at all involved in the gameplan.

I don't know what Terry's deal is, but he seems either completely lost or totally underutilized on this team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

I dont think Green is the type of player you can throw out there for 10minutes and expect to make an impact

Sadly Jeff Green isn't a difference maker. An all around average player who excels at nothing. Also Pierce>Green by miles. Terry and Lee occupy shooting position. That could explain why his minutes are down. Doc could experiment starting Green. Try to get him going early before he disappears.

Jeff Green is a 15ppg player if given around 30minutes a game. off the bench that IS a difference maker...and he has been showing that the past few weeks until tonight when he hardly played

throwing him out there for 10minutes and saying "make something happen" isnt the type of player he is.

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:23 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

Jeff Green is a 15ppg player if given around 30minutes a game. off the bench that IS a difference maker...and he has been showing that the past few weeks until tonight when he hardly played

throwing him out there for 10minutes and saying "make something happen" isnt the type of player he is.

You've watched him play now for some period. What do you think? Does he seem like a difference maker on the court?

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Listening to the post game Tommy and the rest of the guys are all questioning Doc.

Square peg round hole.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:25 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Does anyone else feel a trade? I really hope so.

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The thing to be said with regard to Doc is it's pretty obvious the guys on this team, with the exception of Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett, have no idea what their roles on this team are supposed to be.

The roles seem to change on a game to game basis, and I think it's made it really hard for this team to come together.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 11:32:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
I hope everyone now sees that Phil Jacskon winning chips with talent was not as easy as folks think it was. It takes an exceptional coach to coach a team stacked with talent.

Doc Rivers is not a very good coach, he does not know how to make in-game adjustments at all. The only good adjustments he makes are those forced on him. I still believe he lucked into the 2008 chip.

Now, a lot is said about him being a players coach, I dont think that is altogether a good thing. These players need a coach that is going to light them up and not always be their friend.

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
What was all that talk about changing starting lineups based on the matchup?  If there was one game that called for that strategy, it was against Brooklyn at home when Terry had to guard Joe Johnson.  But proving that Doc spews a lot of empty talk, he did nothing.  The most bizarre was when he said Green would play a point forward role in the first game against Brooklyn with Rondo out.  I think Doc messes around, which is sort of how he operates. 

This is a coach who inexplicably pulled Eddie House when the playoffs started in 2008.  He took a rotation that won 66 games and said screw it to a key rotation player.  The Celtics only started looking like the Celtics of the regular season after he went back to House and took out Cassell.  Doc's his own worst enemy.