Author Topic: Rumor: Celtics May Make Run at Tyreke Evans  (Read 11206 times)

Re: Rumor: Celtics May Make Run at Tyreke Evans
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
This isn't a rumor, this is speculation based on a 3 or 4 year old rumor.

I wonder if the Kings fans are all excited at the rumor that "Ainge willing to move Rondo for Evans"?  (it was that same rumor we are talking about)

Actually, I think the rumor was that Danny was offering Perkins for Evans...but it got twisted into Rondo for Evans, because Rondo was also being shopped at that time. 

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 10:26:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I wonder if the Kings fans are all excited at the rumor that "Ainge willing to move Rondo for Evans"?  (it was that same rumor we are talking about)

Actually, I think the rumor was that Danny was offering Perkins for Evans...but it got twisted into Rondo for Evans, because Rondo was also being shopped at that time.

You know what that means!!!!

Three team trade!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
not related to Cs but i can see some type of jennings, Evans trade going down by the deadline. A Evans and Monta Ellis back court would be interesting.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:03 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
wouldnt trade Rondo for no one right now on that Sac roster..maybe sac are getting tired of Cousins..maybe package a deal that doesnt involve Rondo..I think Sac would bite
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:15 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Chad Ford:

Boston likes (Tyreke Evans). Not sure they have the assets to acquire him. Once upon a time they were willing to give up Rondo to draft him, but those days are over. I'm not sure he's a future all-star. Never learned how to shoot, play defense or play with others. Physical talents are all there, but physical talents alone don't get you into All-Star games.

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 07:32:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6182083

ALL DAY!!

Not bad, I'd do it. Only caveat is I think Sac would want Jeff Green (another young player) instead of 35 year old Terry.

It's actually not that ridiculous of a trade, but I do agree that Jeff Green would probably have to be in there, which I would be okay with, since we get Salmons back in the trade. I am also happy to keep Terry as the sixth man.

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Chad Ford:

Boston likes (Tyreke Evans). Not sure they have the assets to acquire him. Once upon a time they were willing to give up Rondo to draft him, but those days are over. I'm not sure he's a future all-star. Never learned how to shoot, play defense or play with others. Physical talents are all there, but physical talents alone don't get you into All-Star games.

I think good coaching and a better environment would do him wonders.

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Would you give up a completely unprotected first round pick a couple of years from now in the trade?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:28 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Would you give up a completely unprotected first round pick a couple of years from now in the trade?

If we are completely blowing it up this year, yes I would give up a first 2-3 years from now.

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Three team trade!!!!!

Thought it dated back to Tyreke's draft when Danny was offered Rudy, Conley Jr. Memphis #2 overall for Rondo and a couple Celtics picks. Maybe Perk was involved. I don't remember.

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Three team trade!!!!!

Thought it dated back to Tyreke's draft when Danny was offered Rudy, Conley Jr. Memphis #2 overall for Rondo and a couple Celtics picks. Maybe Perk was involved. I don't remember.

4 team trade?   

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Three team trade!!!!!

Well that certainly woulda been an interesting deal...

Conley Jr.
Allen
Pierce
KG
Perk

With Evans and Gay as 6th and 7th men? Like, Zoinks Scoob.

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Three team trade!!!!!

There were a ton of rumors.  That definitely was floating out there.  But the way I remember it was that Danny was offering Perk for a top 5 pick, to target Tyreke.  But, the other teams were asking for Rondo. 

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Three team trade!!!!!

A deal centered around Rondo for Conley + Gay....  Salary matching aside, I don't think I'd turn that down.  That's a toughie.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Three team trade!!!!!

A deal centered around Rondo for Conley + Gay....  Salary matching aside, I don't think I'd turn that down.  That's a toughie.

Conley for Gay is too much to ask for. Memphis might think about Rondo and Green, but they have a really good thing going right now and I can't seem them wanting to mess that up.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14