Author Topic: Keep KG at center, get Paul Millsap NOW! (Sully or Bradley must go)  (Read 8470 times)

Re: Keep KG at center, get Paul Millsap NOW! (Sully or Bradley must go)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
What Utah needs is a upgrade over at pg. I would offer Rondo for Milsap. Add in whatever is needed to make the numbers work.

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

fitzhickey

What Utah needs is a upgrade over at pg. I would offer Rondo for Milsap. Add in whatever is needed to make the numbers work.

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox
No way rondo for milsap alone.

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

lol why not? Your getting quality depth in the froncourt because you are not giving up Bass or Green. We would also get better defensively with Terry at the pg and we would get to keep Bradley.

It also works straight up in the trade checker. Its a win-win for both teams.

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

fitzhickey

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

lol why not? Your getting quality depth in the froncourt because you are not giving up Bass or Green. We would also get better defensively with Terry at the pg and we would get to keep Bradley.

Terry is 35 (I think) and barbosa is 30. In a couple of years we would have no one at the point, and I don't want Bradley back at point

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

Terry is 35 (I think) and barbosa is 30. In a couple of years we would have no one at the point, and I don't want Bradley back at point

So whats the problem? draft a point guard. Its easier to draft a good guard than it is to draft a good big.

Besides do you really believe the Celtics are going to meet what Rondo has in mind for his next contract? Its not going to happen.

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Trading Rondo for an undersized PF who doesn't rebound or block shots particularly well?

Nope. With all his faults, this is a non-starter. I'd give Minesotta Rondo, Sullinger and a pick for Love -- and for all his faults, Rondo should not be tradeable for anything less. Of course, PG is not a need for  the Wolves so this is not happening. But you get the idea.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 05:48:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

So whats the problem? draft a point guard. Its easier to draft a good guard than it is to draft a good big.

Besides do you really believe the Celtics are going to meet what Rondo has in mind for his next contract? Its not going to happen.
I agree.
The chance of getting another usuable point guard from a draft /   BIG center types that are quality require Lottery  picks usually.  It would be easier to get a KNOWN good big in trade for Rondo and find anothe point guard...than the other way around.  IMO.

And YES ..!! ROndo will be wanting to double his salary.

Unless we blow up the team or Trade Rondo , I don't see how we get a star quality big.    I'm for bringing in Cousins,  we could never get a draft pick as good as him.     

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 06:08:54 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
Trading Rondo for an undersized PF who doesn't rebound or block shots particularly well?

Nope. With all his faults, this is a non-starter. I'd give Minesotta Rondo, Sullinger and a pick for Love -- and for all his faults, Rondo should not be tradeable for anything less. Of course, PG is not a need for  the Wolves so this is not happening. But you get the idea.

Milsap is 18# in the NBA in total rebounds.
       is 10# in the NBA in free throws attempts

This is what we need rebounds and fouls on the opposing team. Losing Rondo will be mitigated somewhat by the return of Bradley.

As of right now with 5 guards someone will not be playing.
Both Barbosa and Lee are capable on the court and neither will get much in a trade. So what do you suggest as a alternative?

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
"Bradley must go" sounds like he is cancer and we have to get rid of him...

love milsap but don't want to get rid of Bradley. And yes I am aware of our weakness right now.

Bradley/Rondo is the future of the Celtics

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton

love milsap but don't want to get rid of Bradley. And yes I am aware of our weakness right now.

Rondos has this year and next year left on his contract.
He is making almost 12 million this year and another 12 million next year. Do you believe he will be wiling to resign at or close to the same annual salary in the future?

I don't. He is going to be traded before his new contract becomes a issue.

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 07:14:44 PM »

fitzhickey

He gets 8 boards a game

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 07:28:17 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Rondos has this year and next year left on his contract.
He is making almost 12 million this year and another 12 million next year. Do you believe he will be wiling to resign at or close to the same annual salary in the future?

I don't. He is going to be traded before his new contract becomes a issue.

You're wrong.  He has two seasons left on his contract after this year. 

Also, Millsap's going to be a free agent this off-season.  You think he'll be looking for a raise on his current $8.6 million per year deal?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:33:58 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Milsap is 18# in the NBA in total rebounds.
       is 10# in the NBA in free throws attempts

This is what we need rebounds and fouls on the opposing team. Losing Rondo will be mitigated somewhat by the return of Bradley.

As of right now with 5 guards someone will not be playing.
Both Barbosa and Lee are capable on the court and neither will get much in a trade. So what do you suggest as a alternative?

On alternative is not trading the guy who averaged 17/7/12 in the playoffs for a player that's never going to be a top player on a good team. Whoever told you that the way to improve your team is to trade your best players for slightly above average players was pulling your leg.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:40:17 PM by BballTim »

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 05:10:08 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

This is funny. I almost thought you were trolling with this.
Millsap is good. But Rondo is the best pg in the game at the moment, and he's got two more years on an affordable deal.
Absolutely no way. There isn't one GM in the league that agrees to that horrible trade idea. Sorry.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 10:41:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Terry
Bradley
Pierce
Milsap
Garnett

Barbosa
Lee
Green
Bass
Wilcox

Just an FYI, but watching the Cavs start tonight's game with Kirie Irving standing on the perimeter without the ball so they could have their poor-shooting rookie sg exploit his matchup against Terry is a good indication of how ridiculous your claim that we'd get better defensively with Terry instead of Rondo is. It's not that much more far-fetched that saying we'd improve our defense playing Barbosa instead of Bradley.