Author Topic: Keep KG at center, get Paul Millsap NOW! (Sully or Bradley must go)  (Read 8475 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
All these trades are nice that include Verajao or Gortat.
Problem with both is that KG is then forced to guard the opposing team's power forward and I'm not sure if his body can handle the grind.

Getting Josh Smith or Millsap solves this problem. They're both borderline or should have been All Stars at one point or another, and they're both playing very well.
Smith is going to take the farm to get a hold of. I think he may even be out of the question already.
Millsap however, is 27 and in the last year of his deal.

This is a trade that gives up either Sully or Bradley to put us in championship contention mode.
I know everyone wants to keep Avery, but I can't see the Jazz giving up Millsap for anything less then one of our young studs.

Celtics send:
Courtney Lee
Jarred Sullinger
Fab Melo

Utah Sends
Paul Millsap

The money works and we could do this now it's past December 15th.

The other option in January opens up when Bass becomes tradeable:

Celtics send:
Avery Bradley
Brandon Bass
Kris Joseph

Utah sends
Paul Millsap

The money works in both scenarios and we get a star big to pair with KG.

I don't know if Utah wants more and how much more they want.

It sucks to give up one of the young guns but who do we give up? Avery or Sully?
I just can't see them taking

Lee+Bass+ picks for
Millsap+Raja Bell.

Does Utah even pick up the phone on any of the above without both Sully and Bradley included?
Remember Millsap only has one year left in his deal and is only 27 years old.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Re: Keep KG at center, get Paul Millsap NOW! (Sully or Bradley must go)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:51:43 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
I rather Ryan Anderson.

Send: Bass, Lee, Melo + 2nd

Get : Ryan Anderson & Mason

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:56:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
I rather Ryan Anderson.

Send: Bass, Lee, Melo + 2nd

Get : Ryan Anderson & Mason

I like Anderson but I think his stats are inflated playing for crappy teams like Orlando and NOH.
NOH aren't giving up Anderson for anything either, they LOVE him.
I also think that Anderson isn't as good of a defensive presence or rebounder as Millsap, although he would stretch the floor.
Millsap destroys the Heat everytime he plays them too, they don't really have anyone that can guard him effectively. He's a rich mans Brandon Bass. ie: He'll do the dirty work but he can also finish around the rim stronger than Brandon and can also rebound better.

It's just hard for us to get Millsap without giving up Avery Bradley. Even with Sullinger, they have Kanter and Favours and Sully would be fighting it out with them for a starting big man spot.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Explain why N.O. or Utah would want our players.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:48 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Explain why N.O. or Utah would want our players.

I don't care about NO.
Millsap is in the last year of his deal. They'll want something before he walks to a bigger paycheck.
I'm not sure what other teams would give up for half a season of Millsap but I think if we got him we'd have a good shot at re-signing him.

So yeah basically, Utah wants something for Millsap before he leaves and they get nothing from it.
Avery would be a good future piece for them to put with their young bigs and Hayward, really improve their defense, which Utah has always struggled with.

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Milsap is worth is it  but I too don't think we have the chips to get him.  Do Sully and Melo have much trade value?  Perhaps for a malcontent but otherwise, I think not.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 07:59:28 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I agree he is on the list but after the other two you mentioned.

Celtics need another starting quality C.  Sideshow can defend PFs.  KG can also defend PF. 

I have no issue with KG being split between the two positions. 

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 08:05:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Maybe Danny can "make" salesman of the year in the NBA ,  would love to have Milsap. 

The best longshot of getting a really nice player and keeping Rondo at the same time is maybe JSmith would push to be on the same team with Rondo./rather make the trade easier to happen.

I'm not sure Gortat is worth trading AB /Sully /Green to get...I think the team would be stuck back at .500 ball again.

I like what Varejao /Cousins could do fo the team now and near future.  If we could trade Bass/Lee / Green for Milsap and then get a TRUE center to go with him that would be great.

Rondo/Sully / AB / Green are all we have to trade that people would want.to give up something for. Unless Danny trades Pierce.

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I agree he is on the list but after the other two you mentioned.

Celtics need another starting quality C.  Sideshow can defend PFs.  KG can also defend PF. 

I have no issue with KG being split between the two positions.

I agree here. Especially when KG comes out of the game during his 5 minutes on 5 minutes off strategy we still need whoever center we can hopefully acquire to be on the floor. It would be great to nab a Milsap but I fear that we would have the same problem we are having now with Milsap playing alongside Wilcox. Lack of interior intimidation.

But if Milsap is our last option and Utah for some reason would take Bass, Bradley, and Joseph or Melo plus a pick then I take it. Dont think they would. And would we sign Milsap to the extension he is looking for/deserves? Or would we let him walk?

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
wait, so who is the rim protector when KG is out? wilcox? Your trade still does not solve our glaring problem. a rim protector when KG is out!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 09:04:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
wait, so who is the rim protector when KG is out? wilcox? Your trade still does not solve our glaring problem. a rim protector when KG is out!!

And hark, a voice of reason fought through the noise!

Our defense goes out the window when KG sits, and to my eyes that's the biggest problem with this team right now. That said, the D is getting better (it's already miles ahead of where it was the first few games), but we need a vocal, defensively minded big to spell KG for the 20 minutes he sits.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 09:42:39 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
maybe we could also swap coaches... oh crap forgot that sloan is not in utah anymore. ;D

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

when need basket protection with KG is in...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Doesn't fix our needs of a legit big man, 6'10+ who can be an anchor on D and improve our rebounding.

Josh Smith(6'9, but much better defender than Millsap) and Gortat fill that role, Millsap and big al are not a fit. We need defensive help, not offense .

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I can see a trade for Milsap built around Sully, but not involving AB. AB (if healthy) is a key building block of the Cs future. The scary things with the Milsap trade (and assumed resigning) is that we will have 4 of our 5 future starters on the roster. What worries me is that our rosters whole is the hardest to fill.

PG Rondo
SG AB
SF Green
Pf Milsap
Center ?????
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet