Author Topic: Trade for top SG (E.Gordon)?  (Read 5346 times)

Re: Trade for top SG (E.Gordon)?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Gordon's health is about to be tested. His rehab is finished, and he's about to return to basketball related activities.

http://www.atthehive.com/2012/12/17/3778314/eric-gordon-injury-update

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The offense is bad. Really bad.

Not true.

The defense it bad though.

But if we trade for an SG (highly doubtful), I'd rather take a gamble on a project like Tyreke Evans... Everyone seems to be sold on EG as a future All-Star, but I'm wondering if he's ever going to be healthy enough to prove it. He's got all the makings of a Brandon Roy Redux
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 02:00:23 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Interesting thread. As others have said health and head a major issue. But that also puts his value at possibly its lowest point. To me that makes getting him in a trade very do-able.

He looked good on team USA and i really just think he's been avoiding suiting up for the Pelicans in any way possible. Yes that fact alone is a huge red flag but if we could get him for pieces we could potentially have a HUGE steal. Just sayin..

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Interesting thread. As others have said health and head a major issue. But that also puts his value at possibly its lowest point. To me that makes getting him in a trade very do-able.

He looked good on team USA and i really just think he's been avoiding suiting up for the Pelicans in any way possible. Yes that fact alone is a huge red flag but if we could get him for pieces we could potentially have a HUGE steal. Just sayin..

The only thing keeping us from getting him in a trade is his salary, which means we'd be giving up some fairly substantial pieces for a guy who is already almost chronically injured.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 02:08:13 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
A guard rotation on Rondo, Ab, and Terry should be fine for the next couple of years.

After Terry retires the Cs should be looking for a 6'4+ scoring 2/3. This is why early on in the draft process I was hoping that Terrance Ross would drop to us. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Gordon is not a top SG.  He's undersized, not much of a passer, and from what I've seen, a below-average defender.

He's undersized, but I'd say he's a pretty good passer (4.4 assists per game in his last healthy season), and he's generally regarded as a pretty good defender.

His injuries are too serious to gamble on, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:12 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I think Bradley can be just as good and Robin Lopez isn't an NBA starter.

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 02:24:18 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Gordon is not a top SG.  He's undersized, not much of a passer, and from what I've seen, a below-average defender.

He's undersized, but I'd say he's a pretty good passer (4.4 assists per game in his last healthy season), and he's generally regarded as a pretty good defender.

Here's my question. Are we sure these "injuries" are legit? I mean he looked fine during the summer for team USA. What happened to keep him out this long?

He did tell the Pelicans not to match the offer sheet from Phoenix, which was widely documented. You don't think he could possibly just be sitting out to spite his team?

There was litterally no information going into the season saying he was unhealthy at that point. It litterally came out of nowhere as soon as the games started to count.

I admit this is a huge red flag but if the kid IS healthy and just being a pill shouldn't we roll the dice?

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

Here's my question. Are we sure these "injuries" are legit? I mean he looked fine during the summer for team USA. What happened to keep him out this long?

He did tell the Pelicans not to match the offer sheet from Phoenix, which was widely documented. You don't think he could possibly just be sitting out to spite his team?

There was litterally no information going into the season saying he was unhealthy at that point. It litterally came out of nowhere as soon as the games started to count.

I admit this is a huge red flag but if the kid IS healthy and just being a pill shouldn't we roll the dice? This of course is assuming he could be had for parts and late picks.

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 02:27:05 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton

I admit this is a huge red flag but if the kid IS healthy and just being a pill shouldn't we roll the dice? This of course is assuming he could be had for parts and late picks.

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think I would rather have Evans.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 02:33:04 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
If the c's trade for a sg, it should be Monta Ellis

While I think Ellis would be an awesome sixth man/instant offense type player, we've got an overcrowded guard rotation as it is.

As the team is currently constructed,  the guard rotation is overcrowded; however,  if the c's address their real need for a big man they may have to give up one or two of the guards currently on the roster.

To me,  moving green should only occur at the trade deadline.  Because of his potential,  he should be given a little more time to show what he can do for this team.  If he still has not shown himself to be what the celtics expect,  he should be moved if the right deal comes along. The only attainable sg I would trade green for would be Ellis.  I am not a big fan of Eric Gordon.  I think he is overrated,  and too injury prone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:42:46 PM by Accension13 »

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The offense is bad. Really bad.

Not really.

No really at all. 12th in points scored. 2nd in assists per game. 5th in field goal percentage. 4th in free throw percentage.

That's really good in most eyes I would have to think.

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I admit this is a huge red flag but if the kid IS healthy and just being a pill shouldn't we roll the dice?

He was shut down during training camp, way before the preseason started.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 06:03:04 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Gordon and Lopez for Green, Bradley, Bass, Melo and picks?

Umm.. Rip-off?

I wouldn't give any of those players alone for EG, let alone all of them plus picks for EG and Lopez.. Jeeez.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG