Author Topic: Pointers for Doc - Lets help him out  (Read 2103 times)

Re: Pointers for Doc - Lets help him out
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Dear Doc,

Enough with the freaking jumpshots. Veyr frustrating to see a stretch where the jumpers dont fall. Doc we do not possess the rebounders to accommodate the freaking jumpers you set them up.

Tell Bass to lose those muscles if doesnt want to play inaide. Tell Jeff Green he sucks. Tell Rondo enough with the hotdog play. And lastly tell Terry that his defense sucks.

I hope you listen.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 08:34:08 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
P.S.

I didnt open celticsblog or watch NBA for 3 days because I got so mad at the way we played.

Thank you
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 05:50:41 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
My number one plea to Doc would be to stop messing around with KG's minutes.  He treats KG like he's the most fragile player in the game.  KG really can't go more than 4.5 minutes at a time?  Sometimes it's even 3.5 minutes.  It's comical or would be if KG wasn't still our most important player due to still being capable of playing at a high level and the big drop to the backups.  It hasn't even been the 5X5 setup this year.  Many times it's been 4.5X7.  It's like KG's in foul trouble every game.

The logic of KG's minutes is absurd.  I seriously doubt having KG play for two or three minutes longer, around a TV timeout mind you, is going to jeopardize his health later in the season.  If KG is going to play a short stint, it should be after his first stint in the game.  KG should be better able to handle longer stints at the start of games and after halftime.  If you add up all the college, regular season and playoff minutes, Duncan and KG have played about the same amount.  Duncan can still run up and down for 8 minutes of gametime and be no worse for wear.  There's no reason KG can't as well.

If Doc simply did no tinkering at all and shut off his brain, this team would be better, I'm absolutely sure of it.  The Celtics do things no other team do (KG's sub pattern, Rondo's level of ballhogging) and what do they have to show for it?  The style of play is bad, they rarely go on big runs and they play perhaps their most crucial player the fewest minutes the first three quarters which may or may not be a factor in their playing so many tight fourth quarter games.