Author Topic: NBA's top trade canidates per yahoo sports (Mozgov trade idea)  (Read 8219 times)

Re: NBA's top trade canidates per yahoo sports (Mozgov trade idea)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
No real surprises here. Most have been reported -- only one we haven't seen is Henderson, who would be redundant on the Cs.

The target (on this list, anyway) should be Evans. Per Spears, money continues to be an issue for them, so we'd have to take something off their hands financially to entice them to give him up.

I'd take Salmons to get him. You could trade Green, Lee and pick / cash for Evans and Salmons. It makes some sense from both a basketball and financial POV for SAC, though they might prefer to get a "young prospect" for him...

I'd also take a risk on Tyreke Evans - as I said in a previous thread, I think he and Rondo can learn to coexist in the same backcourt. Not clue what it'd take to get him though.

I don't think we have a shot at Evans. We have no expiring contracts to save the kings some money, and they have plenty of power forwards. I don't imagine they would want an over the hill Paul Pierce either.

Maybe Bradley plus Lee/Bass and Melo/picks?

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No real surprises here. Most have been reported -- only one we haven't seen is Henderson, who would be redundant on the Cs.

The target (on this list, anyway) should be Evans. Per Spears, money continues to be an issue for them, so we'd have to take something off their hands financially to entice them to give him up.

I'd take Salmons to get him. You could trade Green, Lee and pick / cash for Evans and Salmons. It makes some sense from both a basketball and financial POV for SAC, though they might prefer to get a "young prospect" for him...

I'd also take a risk on Tyreke Evans - as I said in a previous thread, I think he and Rondo can learn to coexist in the same backcourt. Not clue what it'd take to get him though.

I don't think we have a shot at Evans. We have no expiring contracts to save the kings some money, and they have plenty of power forwards. I don't imagine they would want an over the hill Paul Pierce either.

Maybe Bradley plus Lee/Bass and Melo/picks?

Green is a small forward.

I think the point is they don't plan to invest long term in Evans, which probably requires considerably more than the current $5mil a year he's making. What I'm proposing gives them a better player the Salmons at the same money, and indeed a starting SF. Then, they get a solid back-up for Thornton in Lee as a pretty reasonable ticket ($5mil per).

It's hard for SAC to get players like Green and Lee to sign with them. And Salmons is their worst player, in terms of value for a cash-strapped team. It's also my impression that they feel they have plenty of young guys, so the expiring + mid-to-high 1st rounder might not be ideal for them at this point.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Sacramento could be hard pressed to get comparable value for Tyreke Evans in the trade market. He is in the last year of his contract. He will be a restricted free agent so he'll retain some of his value. But he also faces a large contract extension that could be uncomfortable for his new team to match.

I could see him going for a lot less than Sacramento should receive. An average or a bit above average starter that is young veteran (maybe Goran Dragic) could be enough to snare Tyreke. A low lottery pick in the #10 to #14 range could also be quite attractive. It's a weak draft so maybe they even get a mid-lotto pick. 

A trade package based around Jeff Green in exchange for Tyreke ... isn't crazy. A Green + 1st rounder could be a very competitive offer.

There is a chance Sacramento could get a better offer and get solid value for Tyreke but I think the odds are against them. I think they'll be much more likely to take a major loss talent wise in trading Tyreke.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
A Paul Millsap for Tyreke Evans would be a pretty interesting trade.

PG: Tyreke, Mo Will
SG: Hayward, (Tyreke)
SF: Marvin, (Hayward)
PF: Favors, (Big Al)
C:  Big Al, Kanter

Not sure how good a fit Millsap would be but he may be the most talented player (current ability) Sacramento could get for Tyreke Evans. There would need to be some subsequent trades with J.Thompson or T.Robinson to re-balance the lineup. I think Millsap would be very good for Cousins.

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 12:38:58 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Just felt like looping both the Denver and Sacramento ideas into one trade.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6180952

Obviously, these could be done totally separately, but I didn't feel the need to post both.

I suspect a pick might need to go to SAC. One idea would be to trade them back both of their 2nd round picks we own.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Obviously, these could be done totally separately, but I didn't feel the need to post both.

I suspect a pick might need to go to SAC. One idea would be to trade them back both of their 2nd round picks we own.

This seems very realistic and interesting but yes, I do think you need to add something to Sac's pot.  Maybe Melo instead of Collins? (Who would want Collins, that is probably negative trade value for Sac).

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'd rather just give Melo the minutes if I had to choose between him and Mozgov.

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 05:54:59 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Tyler hansbrough is a bum.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:18 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

How things change.  Remember when Hansbrough was seen as a hot commodity?  After the '11 playoffs, I thought he was going to be a key piece for Indiana.  Didn't we almost trade Ray for him and a first?  Last year he was awful, and this year he has rarely played.  Very strange.

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

How things change.  Remember when Hansbrough was seen as a hot commodity?  After the '11 playoffs, I thought he was going to be a key piece for Indiana.  Didn't we almost trade Ray for him and a first?  Last year he was awful, and this year he has rarely played.  Very strange.

Worse - Bird leaked that Danny had asked him for Hansbrough and a 1st, and Bird considered that a ridiculous overpay.   Probably partly because it would've been a 1/2 season rental for Indy, but still, Tyler's really fallen off.

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 08:09:48 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Worse - Bird leaked that Danny had asked him for Hansbrough and a 1st, and Bird considered that a ridiculous overpay.   Probably partly because it would've been a 1/2 season rental for Indy, but still, Tyler's really fallen off.

Had him on my fantasy team last year thinking he'd be a sleeper.........

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

This seems very realistic and interesting but yes, I do think you need to add something to Sac's pot.  Maybe Melo instead of Collins? (Who would want Collins, that is probably negative trade value for Sac).

They don't need another project -- they have a young center who needs to learn. They need veterans of good character who might rub off on guys like Cousins.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Just wanted to follow up with a quote today from Chad Ford on the question of whether the Kings should trade Evans:

"Ford: Strongly Agree. They should've never drafted him. At the time GM Geoff Petrie was trying to save his job and wanted a guy who could come in and play right away. A few years later, it's pretty clear that Evans peaked in his rookie year. The Kings are a mess and Evans' style of play doesn't help things, and, again, his stock is so low, I'm not sure what the value will be. One team to watch is the Celtics -- Danny Ainge loved him before the draft. I'm not sure Boston has the assets to get a deal done, but I could see them trying to make something happen."

Maybe I'm overestimating what it'd take to get Evans -- They may simply want addition by subtraction there.

Evans for Green at the core could make sense, but without Salmons.

Evans & Garcia for Green, Melo & Collins works.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:30:16 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Just wanted to follow up with a quote today from Chad Ford on the question of whether the Kings should trade Evans:

"Ford: Strongly Agree. They should've never drafted him. At the time GM Geoff Petrie was trying to save his job and wanted a guy who could come in and play right away. A few years later, it's pretty clear that Evans peaked in his rookie year. The Kings are a mess and Evans' style of play doesn't help things, and, again, his stock is so low, I'm not sure what the value will be. One team to watch is the Celtics -- Danny Ainge loved him before the draft. I'm not sure Boston has the assets to get a deal done, but I could see them trying to make something happen."

Maybe I'm overestimating what it'd take to get Evans -- They may simply want addition by subtraction there.

Evans for Green at the core could make sense, but without Salmons.

Evans & Garcia for Green, Melo & Collins works.

Just read this. And am currently thinking of reasonable and realistic trades that would bring him to Boston. Jason Terry is the perfect two guard to play next to Evans as a PG.

At first i didn't think Evans and Rondo could really play together. Then the more I thought about it I decided I think they could.

Evans excels in isolation. Pierce used to play a lot of isolation with Rondo. If Evans became the main isolation threat for the Celtics and Pierce became more of the floor spacer like Ray Allen was then I think it might work. Pierce is kind of adapting his offense in this way anyways (shooting more threes and coming off screens more then ever).

On the break Evans runs the floor as the cutter and Pierce the trailer. Evans can't shoot threes, so he would have to be able to create with the mid-range when he doesn't have the ball.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 02:47:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cau266y

This trade works.

Bradley, Melo, Lee, and Collins (add a first)

for

Evans and Thompson.

Currently the Kings only have Thornton and Evans listed as their SGs. So after Thornton they would have Lee and AB to help in that position. AB could also play some PG for them. Him and Melo provide young talent on rookie contracts. Lee has proven to be a solid player and is on a solid contract if he plays like he has in the past.

Moving Evans and Thompson means Robinson is given more minutes. Also they get some young talent and assets for Evans who will want an extension after this season.

Maybe a third team is needed to take Lee...

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14