Author Topic: NBA's top trade canidates per yahoo sports (Mozgov trade idea)  (Read 8215 times)

NBA's top trade canidates per yahoo sports (Mozgov trade idea)
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:22:24 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-s-top-trade-candidates-000418190.html

players of interested listed

Hansbruogh, would add hustle / toughness (upgrade over bass)

Milsap, a better version of bass

Mozgov, 3rd center behind Koufas and Magee, very big and athletic for his size

Varejao, dont see how we get him

trade idea from this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ca6pvpm

Celtics get Mozgov, Pendergraph

Pacers  get Lee (a Celtics protected 1st)

Nuggets get Hansbrough, Melo

This trade seems really fair to me.

Denver ,Hansbrough is under performing in a reduced role for Indy, but would fit in nicely as Farieds back up. (he will also resign for a lot less then Mozgov.

Pacers, Have been playing lance stephenson and Gerald green at SG. Lee will help them imminently (particularly on D). As i said above Hansbrough is playing a reduced role and isnt likely to be resigned.

Celtics, get a real center. At 7'1 with a heavy frame mozgov runs better then expected. He is still only 26 and has room to develop. I would expect him to match his 2011-2012 stats this year with the Cs while playing the role of KGs backup (5.4pts .52 fg% 4rb 1 blk in 15min).   

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:36:44 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: NBA's top trade canidates per yahoo sports (Mozgov trade idea)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:27 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Call me crazy but I'm not giving up Lee and Melo for a third string center. Almost every deal I see includes melo and we have yet to even see him play
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:48:32 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No real surprises here. Most have been reported -- only one we haven't seen is Henderson, who would be redundant on the Cs.

The target (on this list, anyway) should be Evans. Per Spears, money continues to be an issue for them, so we'd have to take something off their hands financially to entice them to give him up.

I'd take Salmons to get him. You could trade Green, Lee and pick / cash for Evans and Salmons. It makes some sense from both a basketball and financial POV for SAC, though they might prefer to get a "young prospect" for him...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No need to give up a first, Fab Melo and Lee for Mozgov. He isn't that valuable. Lee by himself will be fine or a first by itself with cap filler will be fine.

I really like Mozgov's potential. His current ability? Less so which isn't ideal for a win-now team. I think George Karl has done a terrible job developing Mozgov as did Mike D'Antoni. He needs a top notch big man coach to learn basic fundamentals especially in terms of positioning defensively.

Good finisher around the basket. Decent midrange shot. A below average rebounder. A strong low post defender takes to strong frame and excellent size. A solid shot-blocker with his vertical size and length. An unintelligent team defender. A man-to-man defender who struggles outside of low post defense. Very athletic. Great mobility combined with excellent size. Has an awful lot of tools to work with long term for a backup big man. The type of project a team with strong player development loves to have.

George Karl has also run his confidence into the ground a few times. Normally happens when Mozgov isn't playing and doesn't feel valued. So one should expect that to be the case right now. Needs some attention and time to get back to his best after he loses his confidence. A reclamation project as well as a player development project.

Due to his unintelligent team defense + unbalanced man-to-man defense, Mozgov is more a guy you play alongside a Kevin Garnett than behind him. Not a defensive anchor. But has some solid defensive strengths which would complement a defensive leader like KG (PF).

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
No need to give up a first, Fab Melo and Lee for Mozgov. He isn't that valuable. Lee by himself will be fine or a first by itself with cap filler will be fine.

I really like Mozgov's potential. His current ability? Less so which isn't ideal for a win-now team. I think George Karl has done a terrible job developing Mozgov as did Mike D'Antoni. He needs a top notch big man coach to learn basic fundamentals especially in terms of positioning defensively.

Good finisher around the basket. Decent midrange shot. A below average rebounder. A strong low post defender takes to strong frame and excellent size. A solid shot-blocker with his vertical size and length. An unintelligent team defender. A man-to-man defender who struggles outside of low post defense. Very athletic. Great mobility combined with excellent size. Has an awful lot of tools to work with long term for a backup big man. The type of project a team with strong player development loves to have.

George Karl has also run his confidence into the ground a few times. Normally happens when Mozgov isn't playing and doesn't feel valued. So one should expect that to be the case right now. Needs some attention and time to get back to his best after he loses his confidence. A reclamation project as well as a player development project.

Due to his unintelligent team defense + unbalanced man-to-man defense, Mozgov is more a guy you play alongside a Kevin Garnett than behind him. Not a defensive anchor. But has some solid defensive strengths which would complement a defensive leader like KG (PF).

Wouldn't Bass be the fit for them over Lee? They have too many wings making mid-level money, and are thin at the 4.

I wonder if they'd give us Mozgov + either Randolph or Jordan Hamilton for Bass. I'd prefer Randolph but would take either.

Bass'd be a nice compliment / back-up to Faried and fits Karl's system pretty well.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I wouldnt trade a starter for a third string center.

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I wouldnt trade a starter for a third string center.

I'd trade Bass (but not Lee) for the chair Yi Jianlian used to guard if I could. He was overrated even when he was 'good'....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:41:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Wouldn't Bass be the fit for them over Lee? They have too many wings making mid-level money, and are thin at the 4.

I wonder if they'd give us Mozgov + either Randolph or Jordan Hamilton for Bass. I'd prefer Randolph but would take either.

Bass'd be a nice compliment / back-up to Faried and fits Karl's system pretty well.

Yeah, okay. That makes more sense. Bass would provide a nice contrast to Faried at PF.

Although ... Courtney Lee is fairly similar to Arron Afflalo who they supposedly miss. Especially Afflalo's shooting ability. Iggy is a sketchy shooter + neither Faried or Koufos/McGee can make a shot outside of 6 feet consistently.

Courtney Lee could come off the bench and play big minutes with Iggy (SF) and Gallinari (PF behind Faried) getting more minutes at the quick and big forward positions respectively. Give Denver a lot more floor spacing ... which they do need.

I think it could work either way. Bass or Lee.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Yeah, okay. That makes more sense. Bass would provide a nice contrast to Faried at PF.

Although ... Courtney Lee is fairly similar to Arron Afflalo who they supposedly miss. Especially Afflalo's shooting ability. Iggy is a sketchy shooter + neither Faried or Koufos/McGee can make a shot outside of 6 feet consistently.

Courtney Lee could come off the bench and play big minutes with Iggy (SF) and Gallinari (PF behind Faried) getting more minutes at the quick and big forward positions respectively. Give Denver a lot more floor spacing ... which they do need.

I think it could work either way. Bass or Lee.

Sure. I'm thinking of Chandler too. Similar game (if not better) than Lee's when he returns. They're locked into him for quite a while.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I don't think they'd give up Jordan Hamilton. He looks really interesting as a prospect. I think he'd be playing a lot more on a team that didn't have Gallinari and Iggy as SF options ahead of him. Wilson Chandler too when he returns. They have a good talent there in Jordan Hamilton and I am pretty sure they think so too. I don't think they'll give him up that easily. 

A.Randolph is too much of a long term project for my taste. I am not interested in taking him on here in Boston. We have one raw big man already in Fab Melo who we can't rely on.

Corey Brewer is a player I would be interested in. Big athletic two guard who can play some small forward. Gives some nice insurance on the wing behind Jeff Green and Paul Pierce.

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 10:51:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
My trade idea would send Lee to Indiana and Hansbourgh to Denver. I added melo and a 1st to the deal because i always feel like fans leave trades to one sided. So in proposing the trade I added value to it till i thought it was maxed out. Meaning Lee + Melo + a late rd 1st is the most i see the Cs giving up.

With AB coming back Lee's minutes are going to drop. I would rather have the roster space go to a 7'1 athletic 26yr old center then another wing player in the platoon.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I don't think they'd give up Jordan Hamilton. He looks really interesting as a prospect. I think he'd be playing a lot more on a team that didn't have Gallinari and Iggy as SF options ahead of him. Wilson Chandler too when he returns. They have a good talent there in Jordan Hamilton and I am pretty sure they think so too. I don't think they'll give him up that easily. 

A.Randolph is too much of a long term project for my taste. I am not interested in taking him on here in Boston. We have one raw big man already in Fab Melo who we can't rely on.

Corey Brewer is a player I would be interested in. Big athletic two guard who can play some small forward. Gives some nice insurance on the wing behind Jeff Green and Paul Pierce.

Again, we agree. I'd happily take Brewer, though obviously that would make more sense in a deal for Lee than Bass.

I didn't realize they value Hamilton quite that highly.

Yes.. Randolph is a project. But his natural talent at the price (locked in for <$2mil per year) is worth it in a two for one deal here.

I'd be so very curious to see whether KG and Doc could get under his skin. Who knows, maybe he could even stop a few no names from dunking on us 5-10 times every night.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:55 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Too bad we have nothing to offer the Twolves for Love, I would trade almost anyone on the roster for him if he's available. Our best asset is Rondo and they already have Rubio.

A few names not on that list that I think we could get for cheap are Drew Gooden, Emeka Okafor, and Samuel Dalembert. Each have issues, but each one fills a need.

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 11:28:50 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Call me crazy but I'm not giving up Lee and Melo for a third string center. Almost every deal I see includes melo and we have yet to even see him play

That's where I'm at too.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No real surprises here. Most have been reported -- only one we haven't seen is Henderson, who would be redundant on the Cs.

The target (on this list, anyway) should be Evans. Per Spears, money continues to be an issue for them, so we'd have to take something off their hands financially to entice them to give him up.

I'd take Salmons to get him. You could trade Green, Lee and pick / cash for Evans and Salmons. It makes some sense from both a basketball and financial POV for SAC, though they might prefer to get a "young prospect" for him...

I'd also take a risk on Tyreke Evans - as I said in a previous thread, I think he and Rondo can learn to coexist in the same backcourt. Not clue what it'd take to get him though.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman