Author Topic: Spurs announcers  (Read 4050 times)

Re: Spurs announcers
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 08:29:32 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm glade they ragged the Celtics over rebounding.   Thats basic basketball .

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:40 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Other fans have similar responses to the Celtics team. 

I expect announcers from other teams to annoy me.  They are not trying to speak to me but to the fans of that team.  And fans of teams want to hear things slanted towards their teams.

This is true.  But I tend to be pretty objective (I laugh at Tommy a lot), even still Spurs announcers are among the very worst in the league.   Maybe the worst to me.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I didn't get the Spurs feed, but if they were wise enough to mention the Cs rebounding woes a bunch of times, I've got to comment them.

And this is from someone who despises Sean Elliot enough to say that his organ donor should ask for it back. 

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The absolute WORST it the **** bag Matt Harpring who does the Jazz games. He's such a homer/hater moron.
I used to love listening to Hot Rod Hundley. It's a shame he had to retire.

I found the Jazz guys pretty obnoxious, too.

Sometimes guys who try to keep their homer bias subtle or restrained are more annoying than guys like Tommy who do everything but sit there clothed head to toe in Celtics gear waving a green flag.

I want to say, though, the two best commentators in all of sports, in my humble and not particularly far-traveled opinion:

2. Mike Gorman.  He's great.

1. Gil Santos.  Gonna miss this guy calling Patriots games on the radio.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 02:44:20 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I didn't get the Spurs feed, but if they were wise enough to mention the Cs rebounding woes a bunch of times, I've got to comment them.

And this is from someone who despises Sean Elliot enough to say that his organ donor should ask for it back.

I found it anything but wise. I felt like they knew nothing about the C's and could only comment on something that is known by anyone who follows basketball. Watch the C's for a quarter or half and it is pretty obvious they can't rebound very well. I really don't think Elliot knows anything about any other team in the NBA other than the Spurs.

They are awful. I pity Spurs fans for having to listen to them every game. Not because they are blatant homers, but because I don't think they know much about basketball and/or commenting on it.
CELTICS 2024