Author Topic: Spurs announcers  (Read 4052 times)

Spurs announcers
« on: December 16, 2012, 08:28:35 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
For a team that wins a lot, scores a lot, and is one of the most prestigious organizations in all of basketball, their announcers sure seemed like they were compensating for something.

Every time they scored the play by play guy would scream like it was a game winning shot. Annoying. I know we have some homer announcers but at least they give credit to other great players and keep an even keel through most standard plays (except of course for clutch situations, etc.).

I suppose it stems from Spurs fans constantly feeling disrespected and constantly claiming how Tim Duncan is beter than Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, most people who ever played the game, etc., etc.

Anyways, those announcers were really annoying

Re: Spurs announcers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Sorry you had to suffer through that. We are lucky to have Tommy and Mike, and Scal looks like a great Tommy replacement. Scal and Mike give a lot of credit to players on opposing teams, and even Tommy does so once in a while too.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I thought I was the only one that thought that. Gosh they were annoying, acting like every Spurs player were members of the Justice League with individual special powers. Like they can do no wrong

I was tempted to mute the whole game

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »

Offline BC22277

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
After listening to Shawn Elliot, i can see why Demarcus Cousins wanted to fight him after a game.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:39:47 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
After listening to Shawn Elliot, i can see why Demarcus Cousins wanted to fight him after a game.

LOL, TP. Excellent point!

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am delighted to have Mike and Tommy. I think they are the best in the business. I think Golden State and the LA Lakers have excellent commentators too. I like Orlando's too. 

I find the Spurs (with Sean Elliott) to be one of the most annoying in the league. They ruin a lot of Spurs games for me. Many teams have annoying commentators. I don't like most team's announcers. I find most of the newer announcers to be very irritating. Like a bad used car salesman who just won't stop yammering on.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »

Offline ummidkme

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
I thought I was the only one that thought that. Gosh they were annoying, acting like every Spurs player were members of the Justice League with individual special powers. Like they can do no wrong

I was tempted to mute the whole game

Tp for that. It was painful.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Generally, my suggestion for those unfortunately incapable of getting CSN is to watch it on mute with the internet broadcast of Max and Grande on Weei.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I am delighted to have Mike and Tommy. I think they are the best in the business.

I'm happy with Scal as well, he's a much better Tommy replacement than Donny Marshall.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Generally, my suggestion for those unfortunately incapable of getting CSN is to watch it on mute with the internet broadcast of Max and Grande on Weei.
thats a good idea

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
For a team that wins a lot, scores a lot, and is one of the most prestigious organizations in all of basketball, their announcers sure seemed like they were compensating for something.

Every time they scored the play by play guy would scream like it was a game winning shot. Annoying. I know we have some homer announcers but at least they give credit to other great players and keep an even keel through most standard plays (except of course for clutch situations, etc.).

I suppose it stems from Spurs fans constantly feeling disrespected and constantly claiming how Tim Duncan is beter than Larry Bird, Kevin Garnett, most people who ever played the game, etc., etc.

Anyways, those announcers were really annoying

I was thinking the exact same thing listening to those clowns.
They were so biased too. I mean Heinsohn is biased but at least Mike Gorman is there to help with that.

Very frustrating listening to the Spurs announcers.

The absolute WORST it the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. bag Matt Harpring who does the Jazz games. He's such a homer/hater moron.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The absolute WORST it the **** bag Matt Harpring who does the Jazz games. He's such a homer/hater moron.
I used to love listening to Hot Rod Hundley. It's a shame he had to retire.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 09:43:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Spurs announcers have a reputation for being the biggest homers in the league.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:12:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
OMG ...the SPurs announcers were HORRIBLE ....I had to MUTE them out...  holy cow!!!  they suck

I bet they repeated at least 10 TIMES how aweful the Celtics were at rebounding ..... I'm like yeah ,  I know ...how about going over there and telling GLen Rivers?

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:16 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Other fans have similar responses to the Celtics team. 

I expect announcers from other teams to annoy me.  They are not trying to speak to me but to the fans of that team.  And fans of teams want to hear things slanted towards their teams.