Author Topic: Mediocre.  (Read 5366 times)

Re: Mediocre.
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 04:31:36 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Why are people's memory spans so short? Do you guys really not remember last season, or 2010?

This isn't last year and it isn't 2010. The only reason i have hope left is the fact we don't have AB out there yet.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Doc's rotations and lack of a decent center who can rebound are the real issues here. if i see Bass/Sully or Green/Bass or Green/Sully lineups again i'm going to throw up...

Can't believe how much i miss Steamer.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 01:54:10 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Why are people's memory spans so short? Do you guys really not remember last season, or 2010?

This isn't last year and it isn't 2010. The only reason i have hope left is the fact we don't have AB out there yet.
2010? PP was playing at all-star level and KG was two years younger. Oh and I hate to mention, but that Ray Allen guy was pretty good that year too.

2011? That Ray Allen guy was still here shooting treys in a career best %, PP when healthy still played very well, KG had more bounce to his steps.

In this league where winning is so dependent on having star power, when your core players get old and can't play like how they use to, you unfortunately have a very mediocre team.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I think this should of been the obvious, but a 35 year old sf, 35 year old c, 35 year old bench sg are our 3 best scorers, all of which are jumpshooters.

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
We need more ball movement.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Slightly off topic, but how are the Bulls 13-9 missing their best player who is also one of the best players in the NBA? And how do he Knicks have one of the best records in the league missing one of its best players? And how does Minnesota have a better record than the Celts missing one of its best players? And how all of a sudden has Golden State become better than th Celts? And so on.

They have bigs who rebound.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Slightly off topic, but how are the Bulls 13-9 missing their best player who is also one of the best players in the NBA? And how do he Knicks have one of the best records in the league missing one of its best players? And how does Minnesota have a better record than the Celts missing one of its best players? And how all of a sudden has Golden State become better than th Celts? And so on.

And they have a lot of talent and are very deep.  The Bulls have always played well without Rose, but they will not make a deep playoff run without him. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

And they have a lot of talent and are very deep.  The Bulls have always played well without Rose, but they will not make a deep playoff run without him.

True with CHicago and the Dubs. Especially the Dubs, that team is deep as heck.

Not Minny though. They have rebounders with Pek and Love, and AK47 to some extent. Giving more possesions for their team keeps them close in games.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 02:56:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

True with CHicago and the Dubs. Especially the Dubs, that team is deep as heck.

Not Minny though. They have rebounders with Pek and Love, and AK47 to some extent. Giving more possesions for their team keeps them close in games.
Minnesota is also a very deep team when they get healthy.  They have a lot of interchangeable parts.  Now granted they have yet to be fully healthy and won't be for at least another month or so (until Budinger is back).  I mean Derrick Williams the #2 pick a couple of years ago is barely playing for them now after starting and getting big minutes early in the season.  Minnesota is poised to make a deep run if they can get and stay healthy for the playoffs.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I think this should of been the obvious, but a 35 year old sf, 35 year old c, 35 year old bench sg are our 3 best scorers, all of which are jumpshooters.

If we take an average amount of shots at the rim and make a better than average amount of them is that a real problem?

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

If we take an average amount of shots at the rim and make a better than average amount of them is that a real problem?

So you don't think this is a problem? What team has ever won a title with their 3 best scorers past their prime at age 35, and all are jumpshooters?

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 03:25:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

So you don't think this is a problem? What team has ever won a title with their 3 best scorers past their prime at age 35, and all are jumpshooters?

First of all, "when has this exact combination of circumstances happened" is a silly way to decide how likely something is. Secondly it's pretty likely that Rondo will be among our top 3 scorers in the playoffs, and it's not inconceivable that Green or Bradley will be as well.

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney

First of all, "when has this exact combination of circumstances happened" is a silly way to decide how likely something is. Secondly it's pretty likely that Rondo will be among our top 3 scorers in the playoffs, and it's not inconceivable that Green or Bradley will be as well.

I don't think it's a bad way to look at it at all. How can we predict the future? Look to the past.

As far as Rondo, he could very well be a top 3 scorer, but let's be honest, he's not going to be the one taking big shots down the stretch of big playoff games. Those plays will be drawn up for KG, PP, and Jet.

And I have 0 confidence that Green or Bradley can be a top 3 scorer for us in the postseason. What have they ever done in a Celtic uniform that shows you they can do that? That's a lot of faith with little evidence.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
maybe its time to apologize to those of us that called this early on in the season. Oh and those who thought it was wise not to play the bigs we had on the roster.

Haha, an apology on an online forum?  That's happening. 

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2012, 03:54:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I don't think it's a bad way to look at it at all. How can we predict the future? Look to the past.

That's how we knew, from 12 or so years of history, that Dirk was never going to lead a team to a title. As for your question, why do they have to be 35 and not 32? Why do they need to be jumpshooters? It's needlessly specific.

As far as Rondo, he could very well be a top 3 scorer, but let's be honest, he's not going to be the one taking big shots down the stretch of big playoff games. Those plays will be drawn up for KG, PP, and Jet.

Let's be honest, at the time we were eliminated last year he'd made as many big shots down the stretch in big playoff games as almost anyone else in the league.

And I have 0 confidence that Green or Bradley can be a top 3 scorer for us in the postseason. What have they ever done in a Celtic uniform that shows you they can do that? That's a lot of faith with little evidence.

What's Terry ever done in a Celtics uniform that shows you that he can do that? It's not that I have more faith on less evidence than you, I just don't limit that faith as arbitrarily as you do.