Author Topic: Mediocre.  (Read 5364 times)

Mediocre.
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:25:23 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
That is it. This team is mediocre. We will not be getting any better. Pierce is old, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry are bad fits with the team, Jeff Green may be getting a little better but who really knows. Right now as our record stands we would be in the lottery if the season ended today. We are 23 games in folks, things are what they are. We are not winning squat this year. Hopefully we can see if Sullinger can be any good. There is no reason not to play him at this point.

I am now officially hoping we miss the playoffs. Let the rebuild begin.

Re: Mediocre.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:23 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
maybe its time to apologize to those of us that called this early on in the season. Oh and those who thought it was wise not to play the bigs we had on the roster.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:36:59 AM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
The fact we could have had OJ Mayo but it sounds like Danny caved in to the players really kills me right now. We are getting nothing from the shooting guard position right now. Nothing. Lee and Terry play horrid defense and do not score enough to offset that. Guess it is time to start getting ready for Red Sox season.

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 03:35:44 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Lee's defence has actually been a highlight of him being here so far. He has been active on some hustle plays in the last couple of games. Jet has never been that good of a defender so its bound to happen.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
That is it. This team is mediocre. We will not be getting any better.

I haven't been particularly happy with the season to this point but I believe this team can get better. Getting Bradley back should help tighten the perimeter defense up. Need another big that can man the paint once KG hits the bench as well. Hopefully Ainge is able to find a suitable trade.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I dont even know what to say anymore.  I really thought this team had all the pieces to be up there with Miami, but nothing is working.  And I still say part of the problem is that we have a stubborn coach, a PG thats too hot/cold and a group of other player that are outta place and seem lost.  The only one actually playing consistently seems to be Sully becasue he's where he's supposed to be.  WE NEED AN athletic Big!

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
bradley will definitely help our D, his on the ball defense will help stop dribble penetration and keep our bigs from having to rotate off their man all the time, his intensity will help shore up our D when kg sits. but, watching last nights game i couldn't help but think we need to reassess this teams potential and make some uncomfortable decisions about the future.
We need another impact big to take the load off KG, we need better wing defense, we need less turn overs. if we can't unload spare parts to grab the impact player we need to compete for a championship, we need to think about trading core players and rebuild for the future...

compete now options:
trade any body but KG, PP, RR, AB for one of cousins, gortat, AV, al jefferson, josh smith
blow it up:
trade Rondo (ouch) or bradley (ouch)  etc. for a franchise big like lamarcus Aldrich or ?

oh well...

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
That is it. This team is mediocre. We will not be getting any better. Pierce is old, Courtney Lee and Jason Terry are bad fits with the team, Jeff Green may be getting a little better but who really knows. Right now as our record stands we would be in the lottery if the season ended today. We are 23 games in folks, things are what they are. We are not winning squat this year. Hopefully we can see if Sullinger can be any good. There is no reason not to play him at this point.

Just want to quote this because there were about 1000 of these same posts last year.

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
it's amusing we can't call it for what it is. The slow demise of a very short lived very good team. Akin this team to a trading chart that has been dropping for years then has a pullback with success short lived then the bottom drops out. We are headed for the bottom as Pierce and KG run out of Miracles. With tongue in cheek I say thanks Celtic Management for the crumbs.

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 11:00:57 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
23 games in and 6 games behind the Knicks. What was the biggest gap between the Celts and Philly last year? 23 games and the defense still stinks most nights. 23 games and it is even more clear to me that this is a team of mismatched parts with no inside presence.23 games and Pierce looks really old, while Garnett gets older.  Cannot wait for Danny to start making moves.

I thought after 20 games that this team would be rolling?

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Why are people's memory spans so short? Do you guys really not remember last season, or 2010?

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
maybe its time to apologize to those of us that called this early on in the season. Oh and those who thought it was wise not to play the bigs we had on the roster.

Haha. Yes, you're totally right. Now that 1/4 of the season is over, it is officially time for everyone who had hope for the 2012-2013 Celtics to kiss your ***. I'm so glad you're here.

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Just want to quote this because there were about 1000 of these same posts last year.

TP for truth.

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Slightly off topic, but how are the Bulls 13-9 missing their best player who is also one of the best players in the NBA? And how do he Knicks have one of the best records in the league missing one of its best players? And how does Minnesota have a better record than the Celts missing one of its best players? And how all of a sudden has Golden State become better than th Celts? And so on.

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Slightly off topic, but how are the Bulls 13-9 missing their best player who is also one of the best players in the NBA?

1)Coach who I belive is a better true coach than Doc, but DOc is more of a Phil JAckson people pleaser.
2) Noah  they have a really good Big who loves to battle in the paint....IF we had Varejao we would play tons better.