Author Topic: Its time to trade Pierce. A deal with GS  (Read 7911 times)

Its time to trade Pierce. A deal with GS
« on: December 15, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think its time to trade Pierce. Taking way too many shots without making them and also its getting a little tiring of the team depending on him on iso situations late in the 4th. Depending on him and pierce repeatedly failing to come through.

We need up front depth, youth, athleticism , and come up with other ways to get it done late in the game. I love Pierce and he is going to be considered one of the best celts that ever played but we need to get out of this "hole". I'm sure Pierce would want that for the only team he has played. Also he gets a chance for a new start for his old age.

So i pick GS as a key destination for Pierce to go to. They have a really dangerous looking team, but are way too young overall to go anywhere for the next few years. You add a vet like Pierce into the lineup and suddenly you can be considered as a legit contender out of the west.

So trade proposal

to GS: Pierce and Lee

To Bos: Biedrins, Ezeli, Green, 1st and 2nd round picks

Biedrins would then be waived, or kept as a insurance player. Overall it looks like GS gets better vs the celts, but remember 2 things
1. Maybe only chance to get decent returns for Pierce
2. Pierce being an older player can't get you back a promising young gun or all star caliber player

I also would like to see Kris Joseph get a chance to play at the sf spot. If worse case , while losing a bit of scoring you get two guys in Draymond Green and Ezeli who are hard nosed rookies , that can rebound. I personally love the way Green plays and was hoping to god we draft him. He is in really good shape now, and really gave Lebron James all he could handle a few days ago. He can shoot well, dribble , pass, post up but now is focusing on rebounding and doing other dirty work. Ezeli reminds me of Perk, plays hard, has a strong body, long arms and doesn't mind doing the dirty work underneath the basket. Maybe we should of drafted his sure play vs Melo's potential. 

Lineup after the trade

Ezeli, KG, Jeff Green, Bradley, Rondo

Bench

Wilcox, Sullinger, Draymond Green, Joseph, Terry, Barbosa

thoughts
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:57:02 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Its time to trade Pierce. A deal with GS
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Honestly, I think that's a really poor return for Pierce.  I don't see any of those pieces as building blocks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 04:16:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Honestly, I think that's a really poor return for Pierce.  I don't see any of those pieces as building blocks.

Roy i understand. It seems like thats not good enough for one of the best Celts ever. But in your opinion what do you think we can realistically get back?? Most of the nice young players are on non contending playoff teams. For example, Ryan Anderson, Jason Thompson. Those kind of teams wouldn't benefit alot or would it be enough to get into the playoffs to get a pierce.  You got a team like the clippers who would salivate to get a chance to pickup pierce but can only give you back filler type players. All of these outrageous trade proposals for Deng, Gay make no sense for the bulls or memphis.

So again , what kind of fair or over the top return would you expect??

Ezeli and D. Green may never be all stars. But they won't be like a Jajuan Johnson where you don't know if they can stick it out in the nba. Ezeli by next year could be a consistent 10 point , 8 -10 rebounds player and D. Green 10 points, 7-10 rebounds, 3 assists player.   

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would rather take our lumps and let him retire here.   Suck for a few years have we ever traded our captain's?  No.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 04:19:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
so you basically want to trade Pierce for some bum averaging 3 points and 4 rebounds?  Odd.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 04:22:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would rather take our lumps and let him retire here.   Suck for a few years have we ever traded our captain's?  No.

true. But can Pierce eventually accept the fact that he can't be the man in the last 5 min, taking all these shots that don't go in?? Can he accept by end of this year or next year , he might have to come off the bench??

Its a hard pill to swallow for former star like a Pierce and KG. sometimes its great and sometimes it gets ugly.

If he can't stomach this pill and like Ray Allen if he has to come off the bench, be it another team, then i would trade him. The celtics team is much more important than one player. Right now, pierce is getting the oldschool treatment without oldschool returns.

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That trade would make Boston so much worse ...

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
so you basically want to trade Pierce for some bum averaging 3 points and 4 rebounds?  Odd.

Both bums so you may call are 1st year rookies. Also drafted late in the draft. However there are probably 10-15 teams hitting their heads now on a desk somewhere for not choosing them. These bums are earning regular minutes in the rotation and making a difference for GS. This means likely they will be very good players for years to come. Better statistically also. GS would also not trade these gems, but have too many other young guys, are a deep team everywhere and is missing a legit vet that has a winning pedigree.

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 04:29:35 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Sorry, but this would go down as the worst trade in Celtics history. Very, very bad for the Celtics in almost every way possible.

Biedrins is the biggest offensive liability on offense in the NBA, as well as having one of the worst mentalities in the NBA. He's just all around bad. GS should be giving more assets to US for taking him. 

Also, Golden State is 15-8. Their draft picks are worse than ours. They have no relative value compared to Pierce. It'd be around the 20-25 range.

We'd basically be trading Pierce for Green and Ezeli.

Our best closer would be Terry, and there's not much clutch factor other than him.

One o the few bright spots is that the Warriors would be come a lot more competitive and give the Lakers/Thunder/Spurs a run for their money, as well as we get decent prospects.

Those prospects would then have to compete with Sully, Bass, and Wilcox for time. All of them + Green are undersized PFs who are all not great at defense. I like Ezeli, though.

I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 04:37:50 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I like Ezeli, but I don't have much interest in the other guys.  Biedrins is a scrub.  Draymond Green could be nice, but we've already filled our quota for undersized PF's. 

Overall, very poor return for Pierce.  In my opinion, the only time you trade Pierce is if you have a trade offer in hand that you just can't refuse.  This is nowhere close to that kind of deal. 

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sorry, but this would go down as the worst trade in Celtics history. Very, very bad for the Celtics in almost every way possible.

Biedrins is the biggest offensive liability on offense in the NBA, as well as having one of the worst mentalities in the NBA. He's just all around bad. GS should be giving more assets to US for taking him. 

Also, Golden State is 15-8. Their draft picks are worse than ours. They have no relative value compared to Pierce. It'd be around the 20-25 range.

We'd basically be trading Pierce for Green and Ezeli.

Our best closer would be Terry, and there's not much clutch factor other than him.

One o the few bright spots is that the Warriors would be come a lot more competitive and give the Lakers/Thunder/Spurs a run for their money, as well as we get decent prospects.

Those prospects would then have to compete with Sully, Bass, and Wilcox for time. All of them + Green are undersized PFs who are all not great at defense. I like Ezeli, though.

Green was considered a "tweener" in a bad way before the draft. He was too short with lack of hops to be a PF and too slow to be able to guard sf's. On the plus side he has long arms.

Right before the draft, his body was changing at a rapid pace. He is quite lean right now and could drop 5 to 7 more pounds to gain more speed. But he is imo considered a "tweener" in a good way now. His sudden body transformation makes him much quicker. So much so , he was able to give Lebron all he could handle a few days ago. Quickness, long arms, IQ to handle guys like Lebron. And he has alot of bag of offensive tricks, but right now focusing on playing defense, rebounding , setting picks and not making mistakes.

Ezeli also has slimmed now before the draft. Already a no nonsense , hard nosed college center, he was considered to have avg quickness that caused him some issues defending quicker guys. Now he is one of the quicker big man on the floor.

Best thing about both of these guys are , they are mature beyond their age, don't mind doing the dirty work (which we are dying lacking ever since losing perk) and will get better.

Again not a fair trade on paper now but by next year, it will be a trade that the celts come out on top, unless GS goes far in the playoffs (giving valuable experience to the young players) and/or do the impossible and win a championship

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I would be open to trading Pierce, but I'd like more than that.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:44:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like Ezeli, but I don't have much interest in the other guys.  Biedrins is a scrub.  Draymond Green could be nice, but we've already filled our quota for undersized PF's. 

Overall, very poor return for Pierce.  In my opinion, the only time you trade Pierce is if you have a trade offer in hand that you just can't refuse.  This is nowhere close to that kind of deal.

so either a trade you can't refuse or retire him as a celtic, let him do iso's until he is close to 40 and impede on other players progress to come through in stressful situations?

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 04:54:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I would be open to trading Pierce, but I'd like more than that.

I would also. I would like a Tyreke Evans, or Ryan Anderson, or Iguadala. But that means also giving up a young gem like a Bradley.

Unless somebody owes ainge big, no team will be dumb enough to give up a young gem for pierce. Also looking at most of the contending teams that could benefit by having pierce, they can't give you anything that benefits the celts really. Some teams are packed at SF position like the wolves and wouldn't trade for pierce. 

The bucks could give you Luc Mbah a Moute and Larry Sanders for Pierce. Would people be happier with these pieces vs Ezeli, Green and picks?

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
so either a trade you can't refuse or retire him as a celtic, let him do iso's until he is close to 40 and impede on other players progress to come through in stressful situations?

Yep, pretty much.  I don't trade the face of the franchise because I have a problem with one play at the end of the game.  If I trade him, I do it because I'm getting a heck of a deal from somebody.

Mbah a Moute and Sanders would be a much more intriguing package.  I like Larry Sanders a lot, and Mbah a Moute is a quality roleplayer.