Author Topic: Its time to trade Pierce. A deal with GS  (Read 7967 times)

Re: Its time to trade Pierce. A deal with GS
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
so either a trade you can't refuse or retire him as a celtic, let him do iso's until he is close to 40 and impede on other players progress to come through in stressful situations?

Yep, pretty much.  I don't trade the face of the franchise because I have a problem with one play at the end of the game.  If I trade him, I do it because I'm getting a heck of a deal from somebody.

Mbah a Moute and Sanders would be a much more intriguing package.  I like Larry Sanders a lot, and Mbah a Moute is a quality roleplayer.

You make some good points. But pierce right now is not about one last shot. He is about shooting 5 for 14, 6 for 17, 10 for 25. He is not making a difference and these days making it harder for the team to win. Any decent nba sf can jack up 15 shots and at least make 5 or 6

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Unless it is a trade for a star, keep Pierce.

He is worth more then some teams poo-poo platter.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
You make some good points. But pierce right now is not about one last shot. He is about shooting 5 for 14, 6 for 17, 10 for 25. He is not making a difference and these days making it harder for the team to win. Any decent nba sf can jack up 15 shots and at least make 5 or 6

I agree that the shooting percentage is a bit worrisome, but not so much that I'm actively shopping him.  I'd rather give him a month or two to see if he hits his stride.  If he's still shooting 41% at that point in the season, then it's probably a good idea to see who's interested and what they'll offer.  I think it's premature at this point, though.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

sorry but Ezeli and Green are far from being poo-poo platters. GS may even tell the celts forget it. Larry Sanders killed us a few weeks ago , has potential and def not crap.

We are getting killed up front and these guys would help out tremendously. Draymond Green for example would be the celts best rebounder instantaneously. That's how bad it has become

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674

sorry but Ezeli and Green are far from being poo-poo platters. GS may even tell the celts forget it. Larry Sanders killed us a few weeks ago , has potential and def not crap.

We are getting killed up front and these guys would help out tremendously. Draymond Green for example would be the celts best rebounder instantaneously. That's how bad it has become

Draymond Green has shot 27% thus far this season.  Just some food for thought. 

He's a solid rebounder as a PF and a very good one as an SF, but he's done nothing to show that he deserves to be a key piece in a trade that brings back Paul Pierce.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:27:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I agree that the shooting percentage is a bit worrisome, but not so much that I'm actively shopping him.  I'd rather give him a month or two to see if he hits his stride.  If he's still shooting 41% at that point in the season, then it's probably a good idea to see who's interested and what they'll offer.  I think it's premature at this point, though.

I'll wait and hope but realistically i'm not expecting pierce back from 3 to 4 years ago. We keep him and he may still give us a few great playoff games. But right now, getting into the playoffs seems like a daunting task. Last year i give the team props for pulling it together and reaching the ECF. This year i don't expect that to happen, especially since we are brutal up front. Prob one of the worse rebounding/block teams in the league.

Even keeping Hollins and Stiemnsma would of been wiser than sign Green or Bass. The league going small imo is a bunch of bs. It works for the heat but that doesn't mean now that is the std.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Draymond Green has shot 27% thus far this season.  Just some food for thought. 

He's a solid rebounder as a PF and a very good one as an SF, but he's done nothing to show that he deserves to be a key piece in a trade that brings back Paul Pierce.

Its not a good fg stat by any means. But he is focusing on other parts of the game right now, mainly rebounding and defense. I'm sure his fg percentage will increase as he gets accustomed to the nba more. He is def skilled , from shooting, dribbling, passing (considered with Royce White, the best passing forwards from this past draft).

If his stats was good at all parts of the game, why would GS even trade him? Even though he is not scoring, or doing much on offense, at crucial parts of the game, is out on the floor and not harrison barnes.

as for offensive potential take a look at the vid below. The great part of the video is how his new body, fixes quite a bit of the shown weaknesses , which mainly revolves having avg quickness then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htk2w3HZTZ0

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yes, yes they are.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 06:07:33 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yes, yes they are.

The all star of Poo Poo platters in fact. 27% from the field. I get that there is a realistic possibility of Pierce being traded. But this helps us in zero way shape or form now or in the future. At least make a realistic proposal that Boston would consider. Not just a hunk a junk return to get rid of the captain because people think he is old. Unbelievable.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

How would he instantaneously become a better rebounder than Sullinger if he isn't now? Just curious.

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

How would he instantaneously become a better rebounder than Sullinger if he isn't now? Just curious.

He is a better rebounder due to better mobility.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 06:13:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Ok, then why does Sully have a better RebRate than the "better rebounder"?

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Ok, then why does Sully have a better RebRate than the "better rebounder"?

Green is more of a SF. For a guy who is SF these past few games, is rebounding around 8. Its not easy to guard lebron out in the perimeter and also come up with rebounds.

Sully is dedicated to be under the boards. No doubt he is ok, but i haven't seen great yet. Anything going up or coming towards sully while he jumps, he can get. I like the way he battles at times to get one. But anything that requires stretching the body, "rodman" rebounds, the guy can't get one. Its mainly due to his mobility. Green on the other hand can get you these type of rebounds plus beat other taller guys for regular rebounds. You ask Green to just rebound under the basket like Sully, he would grab more imo

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I only send pierce to GS if we have no chance at contending this year and either klay Thompson, steph curry, or Harrison Barnes is coming back.

That ain't happening do no go.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
NO.

You don't trade the Captain unless:

a) he demands it (I doubt it) AND

b) you're getting Andrew Wiggins via draft, or Kevin Durant via trade.

Letting the Big 3 (minus Parish) retire in green wasn't the reason the Celtics sucked for a long time. That was mostly because of Bias & Reggie passing away, and the Pitino debacle and cheap ownership. Pierce and KG (and Rondo too) must retire in green and pass the torch of Celtic Pride.

Ray Allen should've retired in green also, that'd have been the Celtics way. Shame for him to follow the 3 stooges and Pat Riley.

Go Celtics!