Author Topic: Buck Bigs (trade idea)  (Read 4583 times)

Re: Buck Bigs (trade idea)
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 04:54:16 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I don't think Courtney Lee has any value to Milwaukee.

Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings start there. That is not going to change. They both play 34-36 minutes a night. There isn't many minutes available behind them. They get good play out of Beno Udrih behind them and they regularly need his ball-handling and shot-creation off the bench.

Then they have an overloaded SF rotation with Mbah a Moute, Tobias Harris and Mike Dunleavy. Plus Marquis Daniels and Doron Lamb behind them.

There just isn't a large enough role there for Courtney Lee. He'd be a bit part player in Milwaukee like he'll be a bit part player here once Avery Bradley returns. Not enough available minutes.

If they trade Monta Ellis, this can change. But not before then.

I can see a scenario in which they value Lee more than Udrih as their 3rd guard: better defense, better shooting, a guy who will keep Ellis or Jennings on ball and off the tougher defensive match-up.

I heard that Skiles was pursuing Kirk Hinrich in the offseason, indicating that he wasn't ecstatic with Udrih as his 3rd guard - I think Lee's defensive skillset + 3 point shooting + modest ball-handling ability could make him similarly appealing to Skiles.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Honestly, this cap management discussion regarding the Bucks, particularly on relatively small NBA contracts, is back seat driving.

I'm talking about exchanging a role guy for a role guy. It's not complicated.

I guess. I just don't agree with the premise that the Bucks would have need/use/desire for Lee this year, or beyond.

This idea of the Bucks being hot to make a trade seems to pop up repeatedly around here, and it's one I don't buy.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Honestly, this cap management discussion regarding the Bucks, particularly on relatively small NBA contracts, is back seat driving.

I guess. I just don't agree with the premise that the Bucks would have need/use/desire for Lee this year, or beyond.

This idea of the Bucks being hot to make a trade seems to pop up repeatedly around here, and it's one I don't buy.

Got it. Anyway, who cares. TP. Going for a beer. Happy Holidays!

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Udrih is expiring - they are going to need to add some kind of guard in the offseason.  I don't think they'd have any issue with the years on Lee's deal if they like him as a player.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri