Author Topic: Joe Andruzzi carries injured woman to safety at Boston Marathon  (Read 988 times)

Offline rondohondo

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1079

Re: Joe Andruzzi carries injured woman to safety at Boston Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1123
good stuff

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:48:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 5452
  • Yup ya do
some of the comments on Barstool are very over the top.

We get that Andruzzi did not dive into an explosion and pull out a woman in mid air while performing CPR and applying a tourniquet simultaneously.  He just did a nice thing in a time of need.

2017 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 04:53:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27937
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
some of the comments on Barstool are very over the top.

Since 3/4 of their audience is made up of meatheads, I guess that's to be expected.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 959
A class act and the family is credit to the USA!

It takes a brave man to go help others when your being shot at or near bombs or a dangerous situation.   Not everyone possesses the courage or the decency to go into harm's way.   I think often with things like this you don't think about it or you would not do it.   There could have been more bombs, still was dangerous.   He reacted on a level of selfless concern for another human being.

I would like to shake his father's hand if he is still around.   He raised three good men.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 04:58:26 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem -- one human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in a while, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evildoers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

-Patton Oswalt